No announcement yet.

Toshiba P305D shorted out when using tweezer to power on. what to check first

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Toshiba P305D shorted out when using tweezer to power on. what to check first

i need help, i have this laptop that i was troubleshooting because it had no image on lcd but working on ext. monitor. i used the tweezer to turn it on about 20 times without a problem, NOW it wont turn on, only the cd tray start/makes noises, but no light, no fan spin, DEAD.
    What should i check first?

Re: Toshiba P305D shorted out when using tweezer to power on. what to check first

first,all run voltages must be present. simple - meassure voltage on every bigger coil after switching it on and compare with schematic.

Comment

Re: Toshiba P305D shorted out when using tweezer to power on. what to check first

I have my 3.3v, 5.1v present
      what other voltages should i check for?

Comment

check +15v ALW, 3V_5V POK, PCH RSMRST,KBC PWRBTN_EC# and if you all these present then check for PM_SLP s4# and PM_SLP S3# Signals. Unless and otherwise you have pm slp s3 and s4 signals you wont have rest of the signals.

Comment

Originally posted by mcplslg123 View Post
          check +15v ALW, 3V_5V POK, PCH RSMRST,KBC PWRBTN_EC# and if you all these present then check for PM_SLP s4# and PM_SLP S3# Signals. Unless and otherwise you have pm slp s3 and s4 signals you wont have rest of the signals.
          THanks for the input, I have 3v and 5v coming out of those coils, Instead of 15V i have 7.20V, the others checkpoint are not on this board or maybe is written differently.
          Im attaching the schematic file in case you want to take a look.
          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
          X