Need help finding LED backlight fuse [PICS]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Need help finding LED backlight fuse [PICS]

Hello all. I had the same problem as many people here. No back light after replacing the DC jack. I almost gave up, but then I noticed that the ribbon cable from the power button to the motherboard was damaged and causing a short. I cut the very tip of the cable off (where it was damaged) and plugged it back it. Works great now!

This laptop has had its DC power jack replaced 5+ times, so the cables eventually wore out from removing them so many times.

Comment

I have the same problem but with other brand (Lenovo Z470)
      Please help me find the fuse for backlight

TIA

Comment

I have the same problem but with other brand (lenovo z470)
        Please help me find the fuse for backlight
        Here's the pix

TIA

Comment

finally i found solution for Asus K53sv no backlight....!!!!!!!!!!

applause for---------> InforEco Torres Novas---->Portugal<----

Comment

Originally posted by petobongo View Post
            finally i found solution for Asus K53sv no backlight....!!!!!!!!!!

applause for---------> InforEco Torres Novas---->Portugal<----
            Hello petbongo and welcome to Badcaps forum
            How about posting the solution, It would be helpful
            Last edited by trebo; 12-12-2014, 09:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by costin_yo View Post
              I fixed it too...you gave me the idea to check on that area with the mobo powered. I found the resistance or whatever is that, that is next to the indicated jumper. The brown thing. It was receiving 19volts but giving out only 6. I jumped it with some solder and it fixed the backlight.(I tested it first with something else for few miliseconds to see if its actually from there) I hope nothing goes wrong on the long term situation.
              Can you mark it in one of your pictures?

Comment

Hello All,

I am having the same issue as everyone else only on a different model. NO LED backlight on an Asus V551L laptop. I have picture just no backlight and the screen and cable have been tested on another identical unit and it works fine (picture, backlight, etc.) so it has to be something on this board. I have attached pictures of the board if you need any more, let me know. Any help that could point me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
                Attached Files

Comment

Hi guys, same problem here, different motherboard. It's a friend's computer, HP Pavilion G6-1D44CA, the screen was cracked and she asked me to fix it. Ordered a new screen, installed it, but lost the backlight in the process. I unplugged everything but I'm guessing the LED cable wasn't quite snug when I first tried it.

Hooked the old broken screen up, same thing, backlight gone. Put the new screen back on, and if you shine a bright light on it, everything is there. It's an LED so no separate inverter board.

Hooked it up to an external monitor via HDMI, works fine.

Everything points towards some kind of fuse or continuity error on the motherboard, but I can't figure out what exactly, as there are no fuses labelled. I tested continuity on a few little pieces but they all seem to work, but might have located something.

Found a similar thread on Tom's Hardware that had an almost identical motherboard and suggested where the issue might be but didn't really give a solution. I tested continuity on the part, it's a 3-prong resistor (I think?) with continuity from point A to B, but not B to C. Could this be the problem, and if so, can I just jump it? Thanks guys.

Comment

Please can you repost your pictures using manage attachments.
                    It is not a resistor do NOT try to bridge it.
                    Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
                    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

Sorry, wasn't sure how to work it. The thing marked "O" has continuity.
                      Attached Files

Comment

You have not marked it but "thing" with a 0 on it is likely to be a resistor -zero rated.
                        The 3 legged component is a transistor can you read the number on it looks like 75 or 7S
                        Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair

Comment

Sorry guys, Ive been very busy and didnt find time to post soon. A guy here asked me to post and mark the part that i bridget on the asus k53s that I repaired.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by costin_yo; 01-27-2015, 10:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by selldoor View Post
                            The 3 legged component is a transistor can you read the number on it looks like 75 or 7S
                            Very hard to read but with contrast turned up looks like a 75
                            Attached Files

Comment

It COULD be one of these - try cleaning it gently with IPA.
                              Why do you think it is bad?

Comment

Literally no other reason than that picture posted above from TH forum. I can't see any fuses near the connector and don't have a mobo schematic so I'm completely at a loss with how to find the problem. I just looked at it again under a brighter light and managed to make out the label, A9BV with 1S sideways. No luck after wiping with IPA.

Comment

Thats a few strides from "75" I have had a quick look but cant find it. Perhaps someone will chime in who knows this board, or can tell what it is from the circuit around it.
                                  Is it a very old post on the other forum - perhaps join and pm the writer.

Comment

Originally posted by costin_yo View Post
                                    Sorry guys, Ive been very busy and didnt find time to post soon. A guy here asked me to post and mark the part that i bridget on the asus k53s that I repaired.
                                    Didn't work for me, but I never soldered a jumper before so maybe I didn't succeed. I will try to ask a friend if he can help me.
                                    You are supposed to solder on that side you had on the picture?
                                    Last edited by Krisswe; 01-30-2015, 02:18 PM.

Comment

Any ideas on my earlier post guys. I have gotten nowhere. I am trying to get my hands on another of the same unit so I can compare some voltages but so far no luck. Once again any help would be appreciated

Comment

I have the same issue with Asus V551L. Does anyone here have any knowledge or experience with this model? I noticed Wyndon (appologies if i spelled that name wrong, cant remember the name exactly,lol) already posted pic of this laptop asking the same question. In the right lighting I can see the screen has an image just no light. I saw a video before of a narrow board in the bezel of the screen causing this. but that was not a touchscreen, so i believe this would be different.

Comment

Thanks for the picture. I put a dab of solder on the thing marked with a 0 in the picture and it fixed mine. It had resistance when tested. A little tip for everybody that I learned the hard way, REMOVE battery when replacing LCD!

Comment

Working...
                                          X