Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MS-7093 Ver:1.0

Hello

I've recently acquired one of these boards in non-working condition and have no history about it. On power-up, I do get a splash screen (the emachines logo), but that's it. There are no beeps, the fans run at normal speed, F2 & F10 on a PS/2 keyboard have no effect. There is no visible evidence of capacitor issues. I've reseated the processor (Athlon 64 3200+), tried 2 PSU's, and changed the RAM. Without any RAM in it, there are still no beeps, and the video is gone too.

I don't have another compatible CPU to try, so I'm wondering if anyone here could tell me if this sounds like a a burned CPU or not. Any additional input would also be welcome.

Thanks!

Re: MS-7093 Ver:1.0

What kind of power supply are you using? - read model number off the label.

Some mother boards from emachines which had Bestec ATX-250 12E power supply were permanently damaged.
    Old proverb say.........If you shoot at nothing, you will hit nothing (George Henry 10-14-11)

Comment

are there any caps next to the CPU that are brown and have KZG written on them? like this:

http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv290/bocool/kzg.jpg

They might be the problem, KZG's don't always bloat when they die due to poor seals. I went onto google images and saw two versions of this board, one with KZG's and one with KZE's. If they're KZE's they should be fine, but if they're KZG's that might be the problem
      Cap Datasheet Depot: http://www.paullinebarger.net/DS/
      ^If you have datasheets not listed PM me

Comment

I don't know what PSU it had before. Mine are Inwin and Acbel.

There are Green 25V 820u KZE, Brown 6.3V 1800u and 16V 1000u KZG about, but right next to the CPU are Blue 6.3V 1500u MBZ. All 105C.

Comment

Originally posted by Uranium-235 View Post
          I went onto google images and saw two versions of this board, one with KZG's and one with KZE's.
          They are probably both KZE. Older KZEs had Green sleeves, but newer ones have brown sleeves like KZG
          I love putting bad caps and flat batteries in fire and watching them explode!!

No wonder it doesn't work! You installed the jumper wires backwards

Main PC: Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600, 240GB Intel 335 Series SSD, 750GB WD HDD, Sony Optiarc DVD RW, Palit nVidia GTX660 Ti, CoolerMaster N200 Case, Delta DPS-600MB 600W PSU, Hauppauge TV Tuner, Windows 7 Home Premium

Office PC: HP ProLiant ML150 G3, 2x Xeon E5335 2GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 120GB Intel 530 SSD, 2x 250GB HDD, 2x 450GB 15K SAS HDD in RAID 1, 1x 2TB HDD, nVidia 8400GS, Delta DPS-650BB 650W PSU, Windows 7 Pro

Comment

Pic
            Attached Files

Comment

those might be KZG's next to the northbridge
              Cap Datasheet Depot: http://www.paullinebarger.net/DS/
              ^If you have datasheets not listed PM me

Comment

Working...
              X