X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello, My name is Aleksander
    Some time ago I discovered that surprising amount of electronics that other people basically throw away can be quite easily repaired. I came across badcaps some time ago. Finally I am registering for an account so I can see attachments, ask questions and hopefully help someone one day.

Comment

Hi! This is Robert!
      It's great to be part of this amazing forum! Thanks alot!

Comment

Hello everyone!

My name is Louis and I am from Torquay in England.

Part of my self employment involves buying and selling used electronics (mostly laptops and TVs). I have had quite a bit of success with buying TVs with power faults and repairing them by replacing capacitors. I used to love soldering at school so now I am actually making money from it so that was time well spent!

However, my knowledge outside of capacitors is still fairly limited so I am looking to learn from the contributors to this forum and possibly share my knowledge back (if I can!)
        "There is nothing quite like the feeling you get when you fix something that someone else gave up as broken"

Comment

Hello from Czech republic, I am a guy repairing old power supplies and retro motherboards with bad cap failures - so I am lucky to be onboard here adn share thoughts and experience

Comment

Hi my name is Kreso I am from Croatia. I like to repair things and electronics is really addictive.

Comment

A friend pointed me here due to a defective Samsung TV (most likely the T Con board, but will peruse the forum to see whether I can find anything useful! <G>)

Living in the Netherlands, got a lot of electronics under the belt, just never played with TV guts before!

Comment

Hello. I am new to this site and I am very motivated to learn anything and everything I can from the veterans in this field . I am going to school for electrical engineering and to help to pay for college life I am fixing tvs but I decided and board swapping isn't as lucrative so taking it to the next step .

Comment

Hola

Comment

Second attempt at new user... I lost ability to see any pictures... now I can afgain!! yrah!!

Comment

Hi, My name is alex.

Im verry happy to be with you.

I am a new member of this forum and France.

I am an amateur musician ,-)

Comment

Hi, My name is alex.

Im verry happy to be with you.

I am a new member of this forum.

I am an amateur musician ,-)

Comment

Hello there,

Happy to be a new french member of this community !

I found this forum by repairing an lcd computer monitor (LG flatron) and find the solution here

Comment

Hi, my name is Mariano, I've been playing around with electronics for a few years now. A friend of mine and I rebuilt a dvd player as a first repair project, successfully i might add, and I've since carried on from there with small projects from time to time. I just recently started repairing flat panel t.v.'s, which led me here.

Comment

Hi, guys. My name is Milen, and I am from Bulgaria. I registered in this forum, as I have a problem with my Samsung led tv. No sound and picture, the indicator is blinking, and a clicking sound is heard.
                              Regards,
                              Milen

Comment

Hi everyone. I have been dealing with electronics and computers my entire life. I have three degrees in electronics (B.Eng, M.Sc and Ph.D). My home is in California but, since retiring 13 years ago, I have been spending my summers in the Yukon Territory of Canada. No one repairs stuff here so it winds up in the dump. I have been repairing electrical and electronic items as well as computers for the people here. I find this forum has a lot of useful information and hope I will be able to contribute. John Hissink.

Comment

I've been retired for a few years now and I build/repair computers for my personal distributed computing farm. I've done a number of successful cap replacements on various motherboards over the years and, lately, I've started doing the same on PSUs. I've gleaned lots of useful info from just reading but I've now joined in order to more fully participate. Many thanks to all those who have contributed to my education just by documenting their own experiences. I don't have an electronics background but I make up for that by learning from others who have.

Thanks, and cheers,
                                  Gary.

Comment

I Have come here .. to kick ass and chew bubblegum. And to ask a few capacitor related questions

Comment

hello i am marvin from nairobi kenya n it is a pleasure being here

Comment

Hello everyone, my name is Jared, I am trying to unlock my dad's bios that he locked out. it's a e6410. really appreciate the help that i'm finding.

keep up the good work!

Comment

Hello Everyone,

I've been working with computer hardware & networking for over 25 years. Looking forward to utilizing this forum as it seems there are a lot of talented people posting here. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                          X