Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello All!
    I am Alex, i am from Romania and i am honored to be part of this Group

Comment

Hello!
      I'm Alex as well ! haha.
      I'm from Sweden. I am an Electrician, likes Electronics and computers.
      Happy to be a member of this lovely forum!

Comment

hi all and thanks you for accepting me in this amazing community

Comment

hello, I'm a new member.

Comment

Hello all,

I am new to computers (repairing to be more accurate). I have always taken a keen interest in computers but never had the time to delve inside and see how things work. Over the last year, I spent a lot of time getting myself familiar with inner workings and now have started to challenge myself in getting bricked systems up and running.

I will no doubt ask for help and offer help where I can.

Thanks

Comment

Hospitalmike, new to tv repair...looking for questions & answers thanks

Comment

hospitalmike thanks

Comment

Hello Friends,
                  i am Fynn from Germany.
                  I found this forum looking for help with my Lenovo G710 (as you can see in my other post).
                  I really enjoy this forum, nice topics and nice people

Comment

Hi everyone,
                    I am LupenWonse, a software engineer from Germany who picked up GPU repair as a hobby.

Loving the amazing info on the forum so far and looking forward to learning even more.

Comment

Hi! I am Marcos from Argentina. I repair laptops. Thanks for accepting me in badcaps!

Comment

Hi Guys, I'm trying to learn board repair and am so grateful to have this resource available. Hope to learn soon to be able to*contribute to*the forum!

Comment

hello friends

Comment

Hi peeps, my username is L3git and heard from somewhere on the Internet that this forums talks about repairs and what not. Don't have much experience in repairing electronics and only have it as a small hobby at the moment. I've replaced some batteries in some old Apple devices but that's about it. I joined this forum in hopes of learning more and see if I can become more proficient in repairing as well. Thank you for welcoming me here!

Comment

Hello there,
                              This is my very first post here and I am sure it want be the last.

Comment

Hello,
                                My name is tristan, i'm 24 years old and i'm from France. I'm interested to learn electronics repair and just found out Badcaps on the Louis Rossmann Discord.

Comment

Hi!

I'm having a few repairshops in where ive pretty recently start to doing boardrepairs and found this site.

Comment

Hello everyone. Flashing a HP ProBook 650 G2. That's how I found this site. First PC, TRS-80 Model III. Built a 78 Blazer, The house I live in. Work on cell phones, TV, Computers, laptops. The house I scratch built, did all the plumbing, electrical, framing, roofing, rafters, shingles yeah I built it. Anyway I'm glad I found this place.

Comment

Hi everyone guys!!!!

Comment

Hi. Hobby electronics repairman, I am glad to be part of such a huge group ( I've registered here earlier, but I was just reading threads ).

Comment

Howdy all. I am a retired engineer but I wasn't born that way. My first experience working with hardware was in 1981, modifying my Commodore Vic-20 to add some expanded memory with a cartridge. I added a toggle switch to enable the 16KB of RAM and remap the memory. When I had picked enough berries to afford them, I eventually got a C64 and my first floppy drive to replace the cassette tape drive.

I had some time away from computers when I joined the military but when I returned to civilian life in the early 1990s I bought a new PC clone with a 286 and 2MB RAM. Of course I spent the next few year performing a steady string of upgrades as one does to keep up with the rapidly advancing technology.

Eventually I decided to use my GI Bill to get my degree in Electrical Engineering. That was how I spent the later years of my life getting paid to play with other people's toys.

A few years ago I retired early after suffering major medical problems. Now I just putter around, taking on the odd project here and there to keep myself busy. I will repair just about anything if it is cost effective over buying a new replacement. Sometimes I will design a custom solution for a problem someone brings to me. But I find that the pace of technological advances has not slowed a bit, if anything it is accelerating. Now that I am no longer working full time I find myself falling behind and unable to keep up with changes in industry. But I still like to keep my hand in and my soldering iron tinned just to try to stay sharp in old age.

Comment

Working...
                                          X