This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi, I'm Calil and a new member of this forum. I just like to fix and recycle things that can be done. And I hope my kids will learn this craft also.

Though I managed to fix two of my Dell 2312HM without power already before by just reading some of the comments I found on this forum. I only manage to create an account now for I again I'm looking for a solution to a new encountered problem with another monitor and I got hooked even more for lots of information that can be found here.

Thanks for all the contributors and members who by one way or another spared their time to help.

Comment

Hello! I joined this place to try and work out what's wrong with the power delivery on my laptop, hoping to get schematics for it. While I'm waiting, has anyone got any good advice for poking around on the motherboard?

Comment

Hi. My name is Dan. I have found a lot of good information on the forum. I'm a retired electrical engineer. I have been repairing things for as long as I can remember.

Comment

Hello all from Romania. I'm currently working in a laptop service. Pleased to meet you!

Comment

about me.

I'll give a little info... I've been in the electronics field since 1997, with experience ranging from TV/VCR/CAMERAS and repair all consumer electronic product. I started in computers in 2005, just for a change and something I thought would be more challenging.... First of all, in the computer field, I AM NOT a number cruncher (programmer) because I'm a hardware/mechanical... I can install any OS, repair and make it work. but nearly coming too much problems with the BIOS so i learned almost every editing,and recovery works in bios. sorry if any grammer mistake in my english!

Comment

Hello, I'm from Hungary.

Comment

Hi, nice to be here with you!

Comment

hi

Comment

Hello forum, I'm TVdragon(TVzmaj) from Serbia.

Comment

hello, greetings to all, excellent community.

Comment

Greetings from Texan capacitor wrangler!

Comment

thanks you very much for yours work.

Comment

Hello there !
                            Newcomer here

I've always been researching info and solutions here, so why not join the community ?
                            Nearly at the end of my studies, after 1 year abroad, I can't see myself returning at school, even for 6 months.. But oh well

Peace Out !

Comment

Hello all.

Recent lurker and new member to the forum.

Some limited experience with low voltage repairs and tinkering but just in the process of my first switch mode power supply repair and figured it would be useful to be part of a community of like minded people who I can learn from and share my own experiences.

Thanks for all the info so far.

Comment

Hello...
                                Just a dad trying to find out why a just over 1 year old tv:
                                Sharp LC-65P6000U keeps turning off randomly. Tried factory reset, software upgrades, cleaned out remote, power voltage looks good. Just over 1 year old. Still happening. Thoughts?

Comment

Hey guys and gals, RepairWhisperer here. I am new to this board level repair thing. I have no "formal" education to speak of, other than the $3000 coarse i took in NY. I come from a background of tinkering and hobby electronics. I will usually toss in my 2 cents when ever i can however.

See you on the other side,
                                  RW

Comment

Hello everyone,

I have just joined this forum, at first by necessity as I would need some help to fix my "bricked" Dell laptop (which happened with the official bios .exe file from the Dell website, by the way). Now having time to look more at the various topics, it seems like a very nice place to be when seeking info and advice so I am very happy to join your community.
                                    I have some hardware/software knowledge and I am happy to learn new things about computers, linux os and how to troubleshoot.

Thanks.

Comment

Hi my name is Jerred I live in Georgia and I fix computers from time to time. For my family my last project was an Hp elitebook 8460p where I needed the bios bin file. Thanks to this forum I found it thank you. I'm not very active in forum do to my spelling but I will read a lot. I am self taught in the computer world so places like this teach me more than I will ever be able to do on my own.

Comment

Hello !!

Comment

Hello and keep the good work

Comment

Working...
                                          X