HP Pavilion 23 All In One- No power up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HP Pavilion 23 All In One- No power up

Hey Guys. Currently have one of these that does not turn on. The power brick checks good and the indicator near the power socket is lit white. Please advise as to faults on this particular machine. Thanks.

Re: HP Pavilion 23 All In One- No power up

Did you test the power brick under load ? I've seen them test fine when they aren't plugged in but fail when plugged in. Other than that, take the back off and check voltage is getting to the board, could be a faulty socket.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. The board has the correct voltage near the power in jack and about 3.3v at the power button connector on the motherboard. I also unplugged additional connectors from the motherboard with no results. A diagram would be helpful.

Comment

Anybody out there? I would like to get this one going soon.Thanks.

Comment

what BIOS ic you got?
          can we see it?
          some photos of the board?

what else you check?
          Just cook it! It's already broken.

Comment

ohh wait !

you got no display or NO POWER?

Comment

Thanks for the response. Will try and locate the bios ic as well as get some pictures up. I will also try to jump the power switch.

Comment

Pardon me guys . The model number is actually a 21-ho13w. Was thinking of another model that I installed the other day. So it is a Pavilion 21. Jumping the power switch did not work.

Comment

Here are some pictures. Will try and get more sections up asap.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Still looking for help on this board. Anybody seen it? Thanks for any input given.

Comment

Here is an update. Power switch goes from 3.3v to 0 upon pressing power switch. U6001 which is a step down dc converter has input voltage but no output voltage. I assume this is supposed to be a 19v to 5v converter.

Comment

Originally posted by Herbssat View Post
                        Here is an update. Power switch goes from 3.3v to 0 upon pressing power switch. U6001 which is a step down dc converter has input voltage but no output voltage. I assume this is supposed to be a 19v to 5v converter.
                        and what model my that be?

Comment

The step down converter is RT8299a. Sorry for not mentioning that.

Comment

Motherboard number is 6050A2585901-A01 if anyone can help. EC SP1 has 3.3v on 2 pins. Cant find 5v always on voltage.

Comment

I think the buck controller for 3.3v/5v using 24QFN from richtek. so, try to find 24QFN 4x4 with marking 20 or EQ.
                              I've found on hp 27" AIO (touchscreen, intel hasswell ) using RT8223m/p. with motherboard number Quanta NZ8. just my opinion...

Comment

Thanks for the response. Is that quanta schematic online? It may be about the same. I appreciate all your help.

Comment

Your mobo is inventec not quanta, so it different.but in my experience, almost them has using 24QFN (richtek or TPS) for 3.3v/5v. Try start find it on your mobo.

Comment

Have looked this motherboard over for the regulator and have not found it. The richtek regulator that I previously mentioned is the only one I see. Looks like it is tied to the 12v line. Need help on this.

Comment

What the mobo has using PSU or AC Adapter?

Ok, look like using ac adapter as you mentioned at post #1 (I've got mistake)

what type of SIO/KBC?
                                      Last edited by meritosari; 11-23-2015, 02:33 AM.

Comment

Appreciate your help meritosari. The SIO is an ITE IT8518E. Cant believe nobody has seen this machine. I have seen problems on 2 of them that I have done things on. It starts with not wanting to turn on to not turning on at all.

Comment

Working...
                                        X