Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bad flash bios gigabyte sabre 17 k8

Hello,

i have a problem with a gigabyte saber 17 9462NGW.
    I wanted to update the bios and after restarting the computer does not turn on anymore.
    there is the led bulb blinking.
    I reflashed with a soic 8 pliers and the file of this forum "gigabyte saber 17 k8 version f5" but it does not change anything.
    On the official gigabyte site there is f10 update.
    thank you

Re: Bad flash bios gigabyte sabre 17 k8

This is the model :
    Gigabyte Sabre 17 P47K-V8-C35W10-FR

Comment

Originally posted by eric35 View Post
      This is the model :
      Gigabyte Sabre 17 P47K-V8-C35W10-FR
      Download the F10 bios, https://www.gigabyte.com/Laptop/Sabr...upport-dl-bios ,extract the exe using 7-zip or winrar.

N8xEJEK(16M).10 is the full bios,rename it if you want to bios.bin .Use NeoProgrammer software to flash,if you`re using a CH341A https://www.badcaps.net/forum/attach...7&d=1626459940.
      All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

is it normal that it does not work with raspberry pi and flashrom?

Comment

is it normal that it does not work with raspberry pi and flashrom?
          A pi and flashrom should be ok,i don`t have experience with one but some other members use it.If its verified ok after programming it should be good.Did you disconnect the main battery and take the CMOS battery out before programming.
          Last edited by SMDFlea; 11-03-2021, 08:09 AM.
          All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Yes . I have disconnect the main battery and the cmos battery.
            But not working.
            Last edited by eric35; 11-03-2021, 09:58 AM. Reason: Complete answer

Comment

Hello,

I received my ch341 programmer but could not get my computer to work again.
              I have tried several versions of the bios, I have no errors while flashing yet no computer startup.
              I'm bad

Comment

someone told me that maybe the ME is corrupted

There is a solution ?

Comment

someone told me that maybe the ME is corrupted

There is a solution ?
                  The N8xEJEK(16M).10 version is a full bios with clean ME firmware. At post #1 you said "I wanted to update the bios and after restarting the computer does not turn on anymore." .When you updated the bios can you explain what happened.Did you run the bios updater on windows or just use the Pi to flash it ? If you ran the updater did you get any images up on screen saying it was flashing,did it reboot on its own then say the EC was updating ? .Was the laptop running ok prior to updating.

Post a link to the f5 bios you found on the forum

Last edited by SMDFlea; 11-07-2021, 10:56 AM.

Comment

I wanted to update the bios but I made the wrong version. (I took the saber 17 version) he made me create a usb key on which I booted. I selected my key from a list and I launched the flash. I did not see if he went to the end. but it turned off and when I wanted to restart. no more reaction apart from the flashing led bulb.

I buy the f5 dump bios . I don't know if I have the right to send it here
                    Last edited by eric35; 11-07-2021, 11:56 PM. Reason: Complete answer

Comment

I wanted to update the bios but I made the wrong version. (I took the saber 17 version) he made me create a usb key on which I booted. I selected my key from a list and I launched the flash. I did not see if he went to the end. but it turned off and when I wanted to restart. no more reaction apart from the flashing led bulb.

I buy the f5 dump bios . I don't know if I have the right to send it here
                      So,now we know the full story. Its possible that the wrong EC was programmed and thats where the problem is. To fix it there`s a few options. First you might be able to buy a pre-programmed EC chip from ebay or aliexpress, but desoldering and soldering a new one is difficult with a good chance of causing damage.Second, buy a dedicated IO programmer (Vertyanov JIG ,SVOD3/4 or RT809H) to program through the keyboard connector. Lastly, take it to a laptop repair shop that has all the tools.

You can post the F5 bios version here in a zip or rar, and post a link to the wrong saber 17 bios that you tried.
                      Last edited by SMDFlea; 11-08-2021, 03:11 PM.

Comment

here is the f05 and here is the link of the bad f10 bios that I used : https://www.gigabyte.com/fr/Laptop/S...upport-dl-bios

I have a question, the raspberry pi with a soic8 clamp or a ch341a can it be useful to solve this problem.
                        Why go through another programmer?
                        if i buy a programmer the problem will be solved?

thank you
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by eric35; 11-08-2021, 11:48 AM. Reason: update

Comment

here is the f05 and here is the link of the bad f10 bios that I used : https://www.gigabyte.com/fr/Laptop/S...upport-dl-bios

I have a question, the raspberry pi with a soic8 clamp or a ch341a can it be useful to solve this problem.
                          Why go through another programmer?
                          if i buy a programmer the problem will be solved?

thank you
                          You can try the CH341A,but first if its the Black PCB version you should check if the 28 pin IC is outputting 5V on pin 28.If it is its recommended you modify it to 3.3V .I would not use it unless you do the mod.If you don`t have a soldering iron then stay with the Pi.If you use the ch341a use some alternative software, such as NeoProgrammer,ASProgrammer or Colibri.
                          Flash bios version N8xEJEK(16M).05.bin ,see what happens,give it a few minutes at first boot.You cannot program the EC with a Pi or CH341A,the bios chip has a copy of the EC and with some boards when the bios is updated the EC firmware is copied over the old EC version,sometimes not.

CH341A 3.3V Mod https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ln3VIZKKaE

NeoProgrammer https://www.badcaps.net/forum/attach...7&d=1626459940

Last edited by SMDFlea; 11-08-2021, 03:22 PM.

Comment

I ordered a new bios chip

Comment

if you have any solution it would help me a lot

Comment

Working...
                              X