Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looks like the Chinese are on to the needle method!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like the Chinese are on to the needle method!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/8pcs-Hollow-...-/140634502886

Got to love the Chinglish

"Use the needle penetration component pin, heated with a soldering iron, slightly rotated, you can make the copper component pin and line separation"
    "Tantalum for the brave, Solid Aluminium for the wise, Wet Electrolytic for the adventurous"
    -David VanHorn

Re: Looks like the Chinese are on to the needle method!

Geez, the fit and finish of the tool is terrible. It looks like it is made of candle wax.
    --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

The core needle made ??of stainless steel, it is not adhesion
      Use the needle penetration component pin, heated with a soldering iron, slightly rotated, you can make the copper component pin and line separation
      Note: The product does not appear to work fine, a little rough, this is not a quality problem, does not affect the use of

Comment

thats when I know I'm getting somewhere....my dentist pick method has been copied by the chinese.... HAHAHA it probably was around before Badcaps.net, but I had never heard of it in almost 2 decades of electronics work. I experimented with it when I began working on multi-layer PCB's, as solder suckers (especially mechainical ones) would do more harm than good. Once I got it mastered in my mind, I shared it....and it apparently caught on.......but I doubt I'm the originator, I don't really know who is.

The ones using Dremels to drill out through holes are the ones I'd get furious with....
        <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Motherboard Repair Services

----------------------------------------------
        Badcaps.net Forum Members Folding Team
        http://folding.stanford.edu/
        Team : 49813
        Join in!!
        Team Stats

Comment

Looks more like a Molex connector pin removal set. Love the hypodermic tips on 2 of those.

For $2.31, I might just have a go at one set.
          veritas odium parit

Comment

Originally posted by Toasty View Post
            Looks more like a Molex connector pin removal set. Love the hypodermic tips on 2 of those.

It is a pin removal set.
            Or possibly a really cheap leather or gasket punch set.
            [Removable end of the handle may be the exit or clean-out for the 'punchings'.]

I'll bet if you heat them up soldering the metal will melt out of the plastic handles.
            Last edited by PCBONEZ; 11-18-2011, 11:21 PM.
            Mann-Made Global Warming.
            - We should be more concerned about the Intellectual Climate.

-
            Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
            -
            You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
            -

Comment

Originally posted by retiredcaps View Post
              Geez, the fit and finish of the tool is terrible. It looks like it is made of candle wax.
              Yeah, it's pretty bad. The one in the middle looks the best, seems with the rest there wasn't enough plastic to fill the mold? Maybe that's what they were referring to in the description:

"The product does not appear to work fine, a little rough, this is not a quality problem, does not affect the use of"

Toasty, you can tell us what they're like
              "Tantalum for the brave, Solid Aluminium for the wise, Wet Electrolytic for the adventurous"
              -David VanHorn

Comment

Originally posted by Toasty View Post

For 2.31, you certainly dont have much to lose. FWIW, I have a lifetime stash of my SS dental picks...in 11 years of using them to clear through holes, I've broken 2.... Do let us know how they work if you grab a set.
                <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Motherboard Repair Services

----------------------------------------------
                Badcaps.net Forum Members Folding Team
                http://folding.stanford.edu/
                Team : 49813
                Join in!!
                Team Stats

Comment

Done. Should be here before Christmas... LOL!!

S-L-O-W boat from China.
                  veritas odium parit

Comment

How long does it usually takes for you guys to get stuff from China?
                    For me it's usually 2-3 weeks.

Recently though an EPROM eraser I bought took 6 weeks and some DIP ZIF sockets even longer - don't know what happened there.
                    -David VanHorn

Comment

Originally posted by Agent24 View Post
                      How long does it usually takes for you guys to get stuff from China?
                      For me it's usually 2-3 weeks.

Recently though an EPROM eraser I bought took 6 weeks and some DIP ZIF sockets even longer - don't know what happened there.
                      That's about what I get.
                      Usually 2-3 weeks. Occasionally 6 or 7.

-
                      Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
                      -
                      You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
                      -

Comment

Usually 20 days - lately the customs does extra checking on packages from China so my latest orders shipped on the 16th and 24th last month were released to me only yesterday...

Comment

ROFLOL!
                          looks like a waste of $2.31 to me!
                          the engrish.
                          Brand new and high quality
                          The core needle made ??of stainless steel, it is not adhesion
                          Use the needle penetration component pin, heated with a soldering iron, slightly rotated, you can make the copper component pin and line separation
                          Note: The product does not appear to work fine, a little rough, this is not a quality problem, does not affect the use of.

Comment

Originally posted by Topcat View Post
                            For 2.31, you certainly dont have much to lose. FWIW, I have a lifetime stash of my SS dental picks...in 11 years of using them to clear through holes, I've broken 2.... Do let us know how they work if you grab a set.
                            where did you get yours? I have yet to find them anywhere...
                            sigpic

(Insert witty quote here)

Comment

>>ROFLOL!
                              looks like a waste of $2.31 to me!
                              the engrish.<<

Hey!

I actually wasted $18 bucks with them. Have this thing for cheap LED flashlights...

veritas odium parit

Comment

Don't miss their:
                                "New Fashion Long Sleeve Dress Multifunction Women Sweet Splice Slim"
                                or their:
                                "New Fashion Snowflake Nine Pants Multifunction Tight Graffiti Imitation Jeans"

-

- Dr Seuss
                                -
                                -

Comment

lol.... direct translation

Comment

Well, got this fairly quickly. About 10 days.

Attached a pic from the auction.

Box is 4" x 2.5"

Handles are 2-5/8"

Color caps on handle ends just snap on for color coding.

OD of Blunt hollow tips are 1.0, 1.4, 1.6, 1.8, & 2.0mm

OD of Hypodermic needle tips are 0.8 & 1.2mm

ID of each is 2 sizes down from OD - 1.6mm fits inside 2.0mm

OD of Solid pointed tip is 1.2mm

Am going to blunt the hypodermic ones. Just too dangerous to be laying around on the bench.

The flashlights were more interesting than this. One was nicely made and -very- bright for a single LED.

Toast
                                    Attached Files
                                    veritas odium parit

Comment

How are those huge pins supposed to fit inside the holes in the circuit board?

Comment

Originally posted by lti View Post
                                        How are those huge pins supposed to fit inside the holes in the circuit board?
                                        I actually use these on an almost daily basis . . . well, one of them at least. The smallest diameter is perfect for MoBo cap holes, it's also hollow, so very little mass to wick away the heat. Unfortunately the rest are essentially useless due to being too thick.

They could not be made more cheaply if they spent millions on R&D to achieve "the worlds shittiest implementation of a needle in a stick of plastic". They really are godawful cheap/shitty, but I would not recap without mine, love it! I've been meaning to order a few more as backups. I might even try putting one or two in real handles with some epoxy.

Comment

Working...
                                        X