Sony XBR-55X800H Lightning damaged

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sony XBR-55X800H Lightning damaged

The power surge came-I think- through the DSL line. TV gave a very audible pop and died. (Ethernet ports in modem were all killed too). Power light on TV was dead. I ordered a "Complete LED TV Repair Parts Kit" from shopjimmy.com and installed everything ( https://www.shopjimmy.com/sony-xbr-5...air-parts-kit/ ). TV will turn on for about 30 seconds or so then shut down. Power light flashes 7 times repeatedly. I've seen that this indicates a high voltage shutdown.? But-where is this coming from since I've replaced power supply, main board, etc.? I see that shopjimmy has a IR Remote Sensor Board for this set (this is where the power switch lives). Could this be bad? I apologize for my ignorance , my electronic knowledge extends only about as far as swapping out parts.

Re: Sony XBR-55X800H Lightning damaged

I’m not sure about this model. But some TVs you can unplug the ir sensor and just turn on the tv from the joystick/ button on the tv.

Comment

You may have to upgrade your software.
      I assume no responsibility for any stupid suggestions I might post.

Comment

Originally posted by dskall View Post
        You may have to upgrade your software.
        +1, that's what I would try first.

Comment

I can't upgrade the software because the set won't stay on long enough for that to happen.

Comment

Maybe this will work.
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kYP...ck%27sTVRepair

Comment

That looks promising. Thanks dskall! I'll work on that tomorrow and post the results.

Comment

No joy )-: I got the set to start the upgrade a few times but it always shuts itself off again after 30 seconds or so after first powering on, then starts the 7 red flashes again. If anyone has any more suggestions please let me know.

Comment

https://www.sony.com/electronics/sup...icles/00202107

Comment

Thanks bskall, but I eventually wind up with "The described symptom may require further troubleshooting or a repair service. Please Contact the Product Support team for further support." I think it might be time to test shopjimmy's return policy and take this thing to the recycle bin.

Comment

Working...
                    X