Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fujililm FINEPIX S100FS

Hi,
    friend gave me this camera to repair,he have problem with SD/XD card slot,it cannot hold the card,card is pushed back everytime.Problem was in locking mechanism for this card,was damaged,i want to replace it.But,here is the problem,i cannot find the right type,this is SD/XD card combo,i found nothing about this type of connector. Friend use only SD cards so will be not a problem to use only SD card connector but also this version with 12 pins from back side i cannot find. Know someone this connector? Or saw this type someone somewhere? I dont want throw it to the trash beacause of card slot
    Attached Files

Re: Fujililm FINEPIX S100FS

i have seen those, look on ali-express or inside old laptops
    or remove it and see if you can repair the "push-push" latch.
    Last edited by stj; 12-10-2017, 07:06 AM.

Comment

i tried everything what you wrote :-) nothing found on ali and ebay and also repair is not possible,i combined 2 slots-one original and one from old laptop,in original one was one rod missing,shorted the rod from laptop to right lenght but it is not working,imho is missing something more or the the plastic parts are so worn..without this push-push mechanism is this slot usable but is hard to pull the card out.

Comment

i didnt say ebay.

Comment

ali and ebay means aliexpress and ebay :-) . i found that also finepix a610 and a800 uses the same slot.

Comment

Those card readers are difficult to refurb, even if you have exactly the same type of parts to rebuild it with.

If it was mine, I would remove the latch mechanism, semi-permanently fix a large capacity memory card inside (tape or a dab of hot glue), and use the USB port to transfer photos as required.

Comment

that may not work, the finepix xp100 i had would not allow you to acess the card in the camera.
              you had to remove the battery to charge it too - i hate these company's!!

Comment

Should be possible according to the manual, either with FinePixViewer, or directly in Windows as it is PTP and MTP compatible.

Comment

Ok,thank everyone for support,i leave it as it is now,without push-push mechanism.Slot is functional,friend can take the card out and with little bit of scotch tape glued on the card is card also easy to remove..is not the right fix but is functional

Comment

good to know it's now functional

Comment

Working...
                    X