This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: List of Bad Cap Manufacturers

Just found this site today. The place where I currently work get boards from another company which often uses Gloria and Teapo capacitors. Historically, capacitor failures have been a big cause of our product failures - though no one has checked which brands are causing more failures. After finding this site, I will definitely look at those capacitors with more scrutiny. Seems that if they're not listed on any of the major supplier sites, they are probably crap.

Also, I found that caps with the "Gloria" brand are still being made by "Jeenn Chwanq Enterprise Co, LTD" who's website is: https://www.jeennchwanq.com.tw/

That being said, just today their site went down as I typed this (It was up, then down, then up again in the course of me making this post).

Comment

Re: List of Bad Cap Manufacturers

I thought Gloria would have gone out of business in the early 2000s. There was one brand of motherboard back then (I don't remember which - maybe it was Shuttle) that used them, and they failed a lot. That cap picture on their home page is amazing.

Teapo appears to be owned by Jamicon now. Their old caps were made by Yageo, who now owns Kemet (one of the "cheap" brands I use in non-critical stuff).

Comment

I found this site because I was researching the quality of some caps I found swollen.

I would like to add to the list Elcon and JWFDZ capacitors.

Elcon appears to be Taiwanese and JWFDZ I think is Russian.

Purchased two Deaf Bonce car audio amplifiers two years ago, they sat for a year on a shelf before being put to use. One of the amps a few months in started having intermittent turn on issues, the other amp was working just fine. Finally pulled them both and opened up for inspection, I found three of the JWFDZ caps on the power supply side swollen, assuming this being cause for the turn on issues. They were 4700uf 25v caps.

On the other amp I found one of the two Elcon caps swollen. These were 4700uf 80v caps.

Glad that they had not started leaking but I do think the JWFDZ caps may have vented a little as there was some brownish corrosion looking stuff on the cover plate directly above where those caps sat.

Comment

Working...
        X