Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Issue with Westinghouse 19" LCD Monitor (large pics)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Issue with Westinghouse 19" LCD Monitor (large pics)

Originally posted by ANTHONYILMNC
    I have replaced all these parts
    it used to not light up Display lights up now
    But no video any more ideas
    Thanks
    You are not realy telling us anything
    When you say display lights up do you mean that you get a white screen, or a black screen with backlights on ???
    Do you get a No signal box ???
    What is the LED doing, also what colour ect ???
    Give us some info, we might be able to help you then
    I am not that familiar with these boards but other members are so help them out with info
    Last edited by Bobdee; 09-15-2009, 03:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobdee
      You are not realy telling us anything
      When you say display lights up do you mean that you get a white screen, or a black screen with backlights on ???
      Do you get a No signal box ???
      What is the LED doing, also what colour ect ???
      Give us some info, we might be able to help you then
      I am not that familiar with these boards but other members are so help them out with info
      I'm familiar with this boards (I have two units working right now, and several pictures & notes). I might be able to help. but as I've said before, the more info you give in, the more info you'll get out (either from me or from other members)
      There are 10 kind of people in this world: those that understand binary, and those who don't.
      • ASUS ROG Maximus IX Code
      • Intel Core i5-7600K 3.8GHz
      • 16gb GSKILL TridentZ RGB DDR4-3200
      • 1 M2 SSD + 2 WD Blue 1TB (Mirrored)
      • Windows 10 Pro x64
      • GeForce GT1050
        2 x Acer KA240H + 1 Vewsonic VP2130 21 (a cap replacement job )

Comment

I have been doing some tracing and where it connects to main logic board where the video cable connect to, I found on the inverter board a letter F--100 on the circuit board looks like to me this compotent is open but it has a letter--n-- on the surface mount compotent is this a fuse because on the F-200 it had the letter W---

GFGRAY
        Thank you so very much for your help with the fuse information, I tried the 4 amp fuse just as a test to see if it worked and it did, so you solved the problem, I ordered the 2 amp fuse that you recommended which are now in route to me, will not be using the flatscreen till I received the ordered fuses you suggested.-----THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!----

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1113012

Working Great all fix up no Problems !!

Comment

Originally posted by ANTHONYILMNC
          I have been doing some tracing and where it connects to main logic board where the video cable connect to, I found on the inverter board a letter F--100 on the circuit board looks like to me this compotent is open but it has a letter--n-- on the surface mount compotent is this a fuse because on the F-200 it had the letter W---

GFGRAY
          Thank you so very much for your help with the fuse information, I tried the 4 amp fuse just as a test to see if it worked and it did, so you solved the problem, I ordered the 2 amp fuse that you recommended which are now in route to me, will not be using the flatscreen till I received the ordered fuses you suggested.-----THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!----

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1113012

Working Great all fix up no Problems !!
          Here's the info he's referring to, just for clarity :
          Westinghouse L2046NV 20" LCD Backlight Out.
          If you have a Westinghouse L2046NV with a DAC-19M005 power PCB and your fluorescent backlight is out, here is the solution. You will need a soldering iron, copper braided desoldering wire, thermal paste, and some skillz. You will have to replace the following components. Brackets are [optional]:

Through-Hole:
          Q206, [Q205]
          C204, CE101, [CE109]
          [CE103], [CE104]

SMT (backside of PCB):
          F200

Order these components from Mouser Electronics:
          2x On Semi 60V 45A TO-220 N-Channel FET
          863-NTP45N06LG
          2x Aavid Thermalloy Heatsink for above FETs
          532-7139DG
          3x Nichicon 220uF 35V Capacitors
          647-UHE1V221MPD
          2x Nichicon 1000uF 25V Capacitors
          647-UVZ1E102MPD

1x Bourns 4A 1210 SMT Fuse
          652-SF-1206F400-2

I suspect that there is a flaw in the fluorescent inverter circuit that allows both NFETs to turn on at the same time (causing a short between some of the capacitors and ground). I further suspect that this only happens when the monitor comes out of standby mode. If this is the case, you may get increased life out of this fix by powering off the monitor, waking up your computer, THEN turning it back on rather than allowing the monitor to come out of standby on its own. You may get increased life even if you ignore this advice because of the added heatsinks and the low ESR capacitors that I chose.

If you find this information helpful, or if you repost it somewhere else please make a donation to the Salvation Army.

Gordon
          While it is OK to thank someone, I don't see the point of thanking him on the wrong forum (this).
          The information (about the fuses) is in this very same forum (heck, I recall seeing it on this very same thread, now that I remember...).
          Anyway, congratulations for your working unit.
          There are 10 kind of people in this world: those that understand binary, and those who don't.
          • Windows 10 Pro x64
          • GeForce GT1050

Comment

Wow , this thread was very helpful ,it help me save my wallet from some spending's and my Westinghouse L1975NW monitor.I had the same issues power led is on and no back light.I replaced the bad caps and the FET's and of course the fuse.
            I think there is a much simple way for the fuse, instead of looking for SMD fuse ,I used a regular one . You can see the links to pictures below.
            Last edited by kozimus; 09-26-2009, 03:25 PM. Reason: links for pic

Comment

Very nice pics and excellent thread. I have repaired several of these boards with no problems. I just received one from a customer that the PCB is burned under the CE101 capacitor; location next to the J203 or J205 "O" fuse.

The run is burned and I can't make out which direction it goes. Does anyone have a schematic or a link to on for the DAC-19M005 board?

Any help appreciated...

Jake...

Comment

Originally posted by Jakes
                Very nice pics and excellent thread. I have repaired several of these boards with no problems. I just received one from a customer that the PCB is burned under the CE101 capacitor; location next to the J203 or J205 "O" fuse.

The run is burned and I can't make out which direction it goes. Does anyone have a schematic or a link to on for the DAC-19M005 board?

Any help appreciated...

Jake...
                Hello Jake
                Did you see these earlier in the thread,they may help
                https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...0&postcount=92
                Bob

Comment

Thanx for the reply but this pic helped even more!!! It had the details I was needing.

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/attach...achmentid=9454

Thanx again for your reply!!!

Jake...

Comment

Originally posted by Jakes
                    Thanx for the reply but this pic helped even more!!! It had the details I was needing.

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/attach...achmentid=9454

Thanx again for your reply!!!

Jake...
                    Nice to know that my pics actually help someone ....
                    • Windows 10 Pro x64
                    • GeForce GT1050

Comment

I remember when I first saw these Westinghouse LCDs at Target in 07 one of them was plugged in and dead on the display.

That should have told anyone they would be trouble .

Didn't wow me at all most names like Westinghouse, RCA, GE, etc are sold to the highest bidder and are rebranded Chinese crap. They do this in the hopes of rusing consumers that the product is of higher quality due to the preconceived notions the consumer has of the recognized brand name.

Dead driver transistors again? FET shorts overloads inverter supply blows fuse. It's funny how similar the failures are to the Benq builds.

Are they using the same crappy design or something?
                      Last edited by Krankshaft; 10-23-2009, 01:36 AM.
                      Elements of the past and the future combining to make something not quite as good as either.

Comment

Originally posted by Krankshaft
                        I remember when I saw these Westinghouse LCDs at Target in 07 one of them was plugged in and dead on the display.

That should have told anyone they would be trouble .

Didn't wow me at all most names like Westinghouse, RCA, GE, etc are sold to the highest bidder and are rebranded Chinese crap in the hopes of rusing consumers that they are of similar quality associated with the name printed on them.

Dead driver transistors again? FET shorts overloads inverter supply blows fuse. It's funny how similar the failures are to the Benq builds.

Are they using the same crappy design or something?
                        At least the same crappy caps ....
                        • Windows 10 Pro x64
                        • GeForce GT1050

Comment

That's one thing that's here to stay I'm afraid .
                          Elements of the past and the future combining to make something not quite as good as either.

Comment

I want to thank everyone on here for all the help and comments about these monitors. I have an L1975NW. Ordered all the caps from post 23(9 total), the 2 mosfets from ebay and the 4 amp fuse. Everything have been replaced. Before the monitor never came up, now when I turn on the monitor the screen comes up for a second then cuts out. I can see it with a flashlight so obviously it is the backlight. Any ideas on what to do next?

Comment

Originally posted by big3inches
                              I want to thank everyone on here for all the help and comments about these monitors. I have an L1975NW. Ordered all the caps from post 23(9 total), the 2 mosfets from ebay and the 4 amp fuse. Everything have been replaced. Before the monitor never came up, now when I turn on the monitor the screen comes up for a second then cuts out. I can see it with a flashlight so obviously it is the backlight. Any ideas on what to do next?
                              You may have bad CCFLs in there. Find a "Neon"/CCFL kit for a case, and use it to test your lamps
                              I'm assuming you used the suggested replacement caps, and that the MOSFETs were changed (you said it turns on and then off, so the MOSFETS and fuse were replaced).
                              • Windows 10 Pro x64
                              • GeForce GT1050

Comment

Thanks for the speedy reply. Yeah, all Capxon caps have been replaced, the two mosfets and the f200 fuse. After checking the board again I noticed that "RT100", which is located next to the large 400V cap, is cracked. When pulling the large cap out I must have cracked it.

Do you think that RT100 would cause this?
                                Could a bad solder joint be the culprit?
                                Would there be noticable damage on the CCFL's?

Thanks Again.

Comment

Hello =)
                                  I've read this post post by gfgray

In my case monitor Acer AL1916W.
                                  Power-Invertor is DAC-19M005 BF Rev. 01A.
                                  No backlight and display is black. But Power button is working (lights with green or orange).
                                  Capacitors C204, CE103 were bulbed. And F200 was open.

For now i've change all these parts.
                                  MOSFETS Q206, Q205 (there wasn't 40T03GP and i've set CEP50N06)
                                  Capacitors C204, CE101, CE109 (220mF, 25V)
                                  Capacitors CE103, CE104 (1000mF, 25V).

SMT F200 (4A).

But still no success.
                                  All the times i try to launch monitor - Fuse F200 just opens.
                                  I suspect that somewhere something is shorted.

I tried to short F200 with solder. But Q206 becomes very very hot when i try to turn on the monitor.

Could you please advise? What else i have to look up? =)

Thanks a lot in advance for all.

Comment

Originally posted by PGP
                                    Hello =)
                                    I've read this post post by gfgray

In my case monitor Acer AL1916W.
                                    Power-Invertor is DAC-19M005 BF Rev. 01A.
                                    No backlight and display is black. But Power button is working (lights with green or orange).
                                    Capacitors C204, CE103 were bulbed. And F200 was open.

For now i've change all these parts.
                                    MOSFETS Q206, Q205 (there wasn't 40T03GP and i've set CEP50N06)
                                    Capacitors C204, CE101, CE109 (220mF, 25V)
                                    Capacitors CE103, CE104 (1000mF, 25V).

SMT F200 (4A).

But still no success.
                                    All the times i try to launch monitor - Fuse F200 just opens.
                                    I suspect that somewhere something is shorted.

I tried to short F200 with solder. But Q206 becomes very very hot when i try to turn on the monitor.

Could you please advise? What else i have to look up? =)

Thanks a lot in advance for all.
                                    Hello
                                    Suggest you check the CCFLs as one or more may be bad also check solder joints on inverter transformers
                                    As the fuse keeps failing it may have caused a repeat failure in Q205 or Q206 as you dont seem to have found the fault that may have caused there failure in the first place (assuming you replaced them because they failed)
                                    Last edited by Bobdee; 11-09-2009, 04:22 AM.

Comment

Hi Guys, I am having problem repairing my Acer 1916 monitor. There was no backlight. I replaced all bulging caps and still the same. Check the Mosfet and is OK. Check F200 and is Ok. Please help. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by joshua_20
                                        Hi Guys, I am having problem repairing my Acer 1916 monitor. There was no backlight. I replaced all bulging caps and still the same. Check the Mosfet and is OK. Check F200 and is Ok. Please help. Thanks
                                        Dang!! You've already covered most of the easy solutions. Have you checked the supply (12V) for the inverter? Have you checked the control line? Pictures of the power supply / inverter would be helpful.

PlainBill
                                        For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

I am having the same problem that PGP described. Fuse keeps shorting...........

PGP: Did you ever solve this issue?

Also, anyone have any ideas?

Comment

Working...
                                          X