Bosch washing machine dies after 15 seconds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bosch washing machine dies after 15 seconds

When I select program waschen light pulses like it does normally and than just dies. If I try to start the program immediately than the program starts and dies after a few seconds. How do you even figure out what is wrong, there is nothing to check? Or am I missing something? Images in the attachments...
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Audison; 07-17-2017, 10:22 AM.

Re: Bosch washing machine dies after 15 seconds

is it under warrantry?
    Bosch is something like 3 or 5 years atleast.

if not, get the circuit board out of the casing and look closely at it.

Comment

and fix your profile, your in Germany, not Musk!

Comment

There's nothing to check because the board you are looking for is inside the machine. That's just the front control panel.
        Dies ? Stops spinning or lights go off ? Could just be the brushes.

Comment

Only 2 year warranty that expired already. For this model you needed to buy extended warranty for 50 € for additional 3 year warranty...

Took out circuit board and it looks good visually

Also I am not from Germany but looks like the supplier of the shop where we bought this washing machine imported it from Germany...

Everything turns off. Than I have to disconnect it for a minute and connect it and it works again for 15 seconds...
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Audison; 07-17-2017, 11:06 AM.

Comment

try it in fault finding mode

Comment

look very closely at that board, it has some cracked soldering.

Comment

After a closer look I see now that there are some elements burned :O
                Is this fixable? What kind of elements are they? I will try to remove them from the board tomorrow...
                Also what cause them to burn? it's something else broken on the washing machine or just fired because poor elements quality??
                Attached Files

Comment

The high-voltage on that attracts dust and dirt, humidity, the diode looks black from oxidization, I do not think it looks burnt. It should be OK but you can test it.

Check the board for bad solder joints on all the big through-hole parts like relays, connectors. Number one problem with appliance boards.

What you are seeing might be nothing to do with the board. The machine may have a sensor problem and the controller decides to stop.

Bosch makes this pretty cheap, like their car dashboards with printed resistors

Comment

look up your model number there will be a test mode . it will tell you where the fault is .
                    check motor brushes . and check for broken wires . see if door lock is working . check pump is not blocked and can be spun easily .

Comment

The model number is WAA28162 (Bosch Classixx 5) but I can't find the test mode...
                      I checked everything motor, broken wires, door lock and pump and all works fine.
                      Also tried running the cold water program and tried to disconnect one connector at the time to see if I can find what the problem is but every time is the same. The program continues running but after one spin it shuts down. If I disconnect the power and reconnect it after the door unlocks in will work again for one spin and shut down again...
                      Attached Files

Comment

i'll say it again, you have a lot of bad soldering on the pcb.

Comment

Originally posted by Audison View Post
                          tried to disconnect one connector at the time to see if I can find what the problem is but every time is the same. The program continues running but after one spin it shuts down. If I disconnect the power and reconnect it after the door unlocks in will work again for one spin and shut down again...
                          This board needs have most of the soldering joint resoldered you can not find the problem until you rework this board
                          Attached Files
                          9 PC LCD Monitor
                          6 LCD Flat Screen TV
                          30 Desk Top Switching Power Supply
                          10 Battery Charger Switching Power Supply for Power Tool
                          6 18v Lithium Battery Power Boards for Tool Battery Packs
                          1 XBox 360 Switching Power Supply and M Board
                          25 Servo Drives 220/460 3 Phase
                          6 De-soldering Station Switching Power Supply 1 Power Supply
                          1 Dell Mother Board
                          15 Computer Power Supply
                          1 HP Printer Supply & Control Board * lighting finished it *

These two repairs where found with a ESR meter...> Temp at 50*F then at 90*F the ESR reading more than 10%

1 Over Head Crane Current Sensing Board ( VFD Failure Five Years Later )
                          2 Hem Saw Computer Stack Board

All of these had CAPs POOF
                          All of the mosfet that are taken out by bad caps

Comment

Update: I got a second hand board same model 5560 004 325 but from Siemens and the washing machine works again. Thanks again for all your advice. I am happy that I posted it here and manage to fix it for 15€. You can really see how much better quality Siemens board is compared to Melecs board. On my washing machine they really cut corners to keep the cost down. Lesson learned just buy 5 year warranty model to avoid this kind of problems. I will attempt to fix the broken board if the replacement dies until then keep helping newcomers on badcaps
                            Last edited by Audison; 07-26-2017, 08:20 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

You could have saved the 15$ and reflowed the solder haha.
                              I only repair Panasonic plasma tv's! Currently owning a TX-P55VT50 and still searching for a ZT60!

Comment

most times i have fixed washing machine boards its been a blown triac .

Comment

Next cause I find is the sensors, they get gummed up with lint, soap, water etc.

Water pressure switch (9000207680 has solder joints inside!), leak detect microswitch, door switch, thermistor temp sensor, etc.

I hate repairing appliances involving water because of the guesswork. Firmware diagnostics are pretty abysmal.
                                  Sometimes I'm happy to find a bobby pin or Lego toy in the pump.

Comment

Working...
                                  X