Study MSD3393LUM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Study MSD3393LUM

MSD3393LUM is A microprocessor made by MStar Semiconductor, Inc. (晨星半導體股份有限公司) was a Taiwanese fabless semiconductor company. (WiKi)

MStar was often referred as "Little-M" in Chinese community, as a contrary part of the bigger semiconductor company "Big-M", a.k.a. MediaTek.

Question : is how can we programmer it? Is it based on Cortex-A17 Processor? Where we can get more informations?

pic1 : It's the only information I can got on the Net!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by capwizard; 03-08-2017, 08:14 AM.

Re: Study MSD3393LUM

MSD3393 is the heart on all the Chinese TVs, but how come it can use on 19" - 55" TV , The genie(software) in the jar?

PS: Don't they Evolved from computer graphics chip GPU?

MSD3393 on Haier Model No. 55E3500

MSD3393 on Haier Model No. LE19B13200

PS: This TV board is RCA or MStar made it? (pic2,3) RCA RE01M3393LNA12-A1 Main Board for LED32B30RQD

pic4 : Can we short the pin 131 and get test pattern? I ask Trump "We do not any informations! Do something. "
    Attached Files
    Last edited by capwizard; 03-08-2017, 09:17 AM.

Comment

You can't program the chip, you need to program the flash memmory next to the chip (UL2 chip in the photo you posted)

Comment

RCA GE01M3393LNA12-A2 Main Board for LED32G30RQD

This Bin file is the EEPROM dump from LED32G30RQD , I need to change to ZIP file to upload!

Question : How can I read it, I cant open it to read ?
        Attached Files

Comment

Zip is corrupt and won't open.

Comment

Sorry it is a .bin file, Badcaps not allow too big file so I change filename to .zip

sudo apt-get install bless .................... on LINUX mint 15

pic1,2 : I can't see anything? try Find "RCA" still nothing happen?

Do I need to use logic analyzer to do with it? SALEAE 8 ch or 16ch do I need?
            Attached Files
            Last edited by capwizard; 03-09-2017, 12:11 PM.

Comment

You are trying to use this board with different kind of panels, right? in that case i doubt that the same firmware is valid for all panels, you need to download the proper one for your panel.

Comment

"You are trying to use this board with different kind of panels, right? "

No, It is A working TV I try to study Firmware So I dumped the Data one year ago. Now, This TV ( LED32B30RQD) is long gone. I'm just curious about how their produce tv and what is the Inside TV, and how TV works.

I have two working RCA 55" TV both have same model No. but they are different panels and use different SoC ICs. I will total open and study both of them.
                Last edited by capwizard; 03-09-2017, 07:22 PM.

Comment

It is a very complex task, as you only have the binary. I would try to decompile but keep in mind that this dump will likelly have "regions" some used to keep data (like a logo for example) and others for the program itself or plain text strings, consider that there are methods to cypher the Program making this project only suitable or experts with years of experience in the field.

Comment

Originally posted by capwizard View Post
                    MSD3393 is the heart on all the Chinese TVs, but how come it can use on 19" - 55" TV , The genie(software) in the jar?
                    I know this is old, but I'm trying to make a tool to test for corrupted firmware and this popped up when searching for a pinout of the SoC. The answer is that MStar supplies the software drivers and a software development kit(SDK) to their customers to make firmware development easier. The firmware determines the output resolution, gamma voltages, etc. You can also reflash the eeprom with firmware from a different TV which has an MStar SoC and it will usually work. Control buttons are not always functional, but IR sensor is. Also, you may have more or less inputs if the board the test firmware comes from has a different number of inputs. This is only intended for testing and I do it when I don't have the right panel for a board, then I reflash the correct firmware from a know good file. When you have those all in one boards, this will still work, but if the test TV isn't the same size as the one the board under test comes from, the LEDs will have to be powered externally. What I do is I leave the original main board and power supply in the test TV, and just connect the LVDS from the board under test to that TVs panel. The only thing you don't get from this is the ability to test the backlights (unless the backlight assembly is the same for the test set and the board under test).
                    Last edited by lookimback; 09-19-2018, 08:30 PM.
                    ------------signature starts here------------

Comment

Working...
                    X