Just resurrected a Gigabyte Advance 10T

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just resurrected a Gigabyte Advance 10T

Thanx to your advice here i managed to resurrect a board (Gigabyte Advance 10T-socket 370) i bought in a flea market for one euro. Had three RAM caps fried and a couple more near the PSU socket, replaced them with my good old cheapo solder iron and it works fine. I had some spare p3/celeron chips lying around but no board for them, now i have another guinea pig for my network.....I'll post some photos soon, and will present a HOW-To on my tech blog, as soon as i find time to put the story together...

Cheers guyz...
    Last edited by Elusive_Cure; 11-30-2007, 03:25 PM.

Re: Just resurrected a Gigabyte Advance 10T

Its always nice to hear a successful recap. Congratulations!!!

Comment

congrats!
      days are so short when you actually do something..

Comment

Originally posted by Elusive_Cure
        Thanx to your advice here i managed to resurrect a board (Gigabyte Advance 10T-socket 370) i bought in a flea market for one euro. Had three RAM caps fried and a couple more near the PSU socket, replaced them with my good old cheapo solder iron and it works fine. I had some spare p3/celeron chips lying around but no board for them, now i have another guinea pig for my network.....I'll post some photos soon, and will present a HOW-To on my tech blog, as soon as i find time to put the story together...

Cheers guyz...
        Update :

The board is a QDI Advance 10B, not a Gigabyte one, and here are some pics from the process…

The Donor board is a Soyo Sy-6BA slot 1 with 4 IDE and 4 Mem slots, a true wonder of it's time.

the red squared 1000 and 1500 μF Licon caps were bulged

The whole deal took me an hour, i was tired but curious for the outcome. I took out the caps from the soyo board re-practicing my soldering skills, removed the blown ones and made the switch. (next thing is to buy a proper soldering station)

As soon as i finished i booted with a p3 800, 128/133 Ram and a geforce 2. passed the POST with the help of a bios reset, and started booting Ubuntu 6.06.

Now i need to find 5 more socket 370 boards….

Last edited by Elusive_Cure; 12-01-2007, 07:47 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X