Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What tv brand do you most common repair ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What tv brand do you most common repair ?

I know its been done before but I just was wandering what are the most common brands you tvs techs repair here is my list from most common to least common:
    Samsung
    Lg
    Vestel chassis based tvs (lots of cheaper brands)
    Toshiba (not vestel chassis)
    Panasonic
    Proview chassis based tvs
    Bush (not vestel or proview based chassis)
    Phillips
    Hitachi (not vestel chassis)
    Sanyo (not vestel chassis)
    Orion (not vestel chassis)
    Teac
    There are more brands but just an insight in to some of the most common.
    Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Re: What tv brand do you most common repair ?

Samsung, LG, Sanyo, Toshiba, Off Brand Renamed, Sony
    In that order.

Comment

Generally found Samsung to be the worst, off-brand next, then LG/Panasonic/Sharp/etc.
      I repair others more, but only because I actively seek them out.
      Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
      For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

I'm not a TV tech per se, but I've mainly repaired Samsung, LG, Panasonic, Toshiba, Sony, and Philips. I stay away from the off-brands, and I usually only touch plasma TVs now.
        LG Plasma Mal-Discharge Correction Service

Comment

Samsung, Westinghouse (follow me everywhere!) VIZIO, LG and Panasonic. Sometimes I pick up the off brands like Polaroid, Dynex, Apex to see what makes them tick.

Comment

In this order (not including brands which I have only repaired a single TV, and off-brands)
            LG
            Samsung
            Philips
            Thomson
            Sony
            ViewSonic

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
              Generally found Samsung to be the worst, off-brand next, then LG/Panasonic/Sharp/etc.
              I repair others more, but only because I actively seek them out.
              Agree with you tom all my mates get mad when I tell them samsung is the brand I most commonly repair but they have alot of issues.
              Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

Comment

Got a 32" Polariod In yesterday failing to turn on due to a bad diode on the output who is the oem of this pile of shit ?

The psu, mainboard, inverter and tcon are built into on this thing is a real pos only lasted 3 months as well.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by ReeceyBurger123; 01-17-2015, 11:43 AM.

Comment

Haha, I love the overhanging capacitor. I believe it's a UMC design (Slovakia) made in China. Absolute piece of shit.
                  Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                  For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Haha, I love the overhanging capacitor. I believe it's a UMC design (Slovakia) made in China. Absolute piece of shit.
                    Lol its such junk I have seen these boards in 24" logiks before they are so poor, I charged the customer 1/3 of the price it cost to buy the tv new (£150) give it a few more moths before something els fails

Comment

Most customers are swearing by Samsung tvs these days. If they only knew what we are finding they would be swearing at them. I just had a lady that purchased a brand new one in the box before Christmas and i told her to take it back. She probably didnt follow my advice but thats the norm these days. You guys are surely right about those off brand sets;I hate to see them coming.

Comment

Originally posted by Herbssat View Post
                        Most customers are swearing by Samsung tvs these days. If they only knew what we are finding they would be swearing at them. I just had a lady that purchased a brand new one in the box before Christmas and i told her to take it back. She probably didnt follow my advice but thats the norm these days. You guys are surely right about those off brand sets;I hate to see them coming.
                        Very ture my main tv is a Pioneer kuro and it will outlast many of the brand new samsungs.

Comment

My mate Colin who also repairs tvs sold a whole bunch of logiks with these same boards I give it a year before they are all returned.

Comment

I believe I have a 26" Logik with the same board in it. It's stuck in standby but there are no shorted diodes on the output. Where was the diode shorted on yours?

Comment

This is the nicest way to ask which brand is the biggest piece of crap! I love it. Samsung does seem to come in first a lot. Everyone hears Samsung and they automatically think they are great. Then I tell them they are built with the cheapest parts out there. Personally, I've had the best luck with my older Panasonic Plasma and Philips LCD's.

Comment

Just as you stated, it appears Samsung is the worst produced at the moment. Kind of on the other side, which is the best brand out there in the 50" class? Just curious as my in laws are after a new tv and asked my advice as to the best brand out there. I told them to stay away from Samsung, but was wondering what everyone list of best to worst is? I guess that would fall in line with the less often units repaired is.
                                Thanks for your input in advance. I am a beginner of tv repairs, and have gained a lot of help from this site. I just had someone call with a Samsung pn50a460s4d. Same symptoms as another poster made. Wondering if it is worth replacing the board on almost 7 year plasma.

Comment

Originally posted by ibgm View Post
                                  Samsung does seem to come in first a lot. Everyone hears Samsung and they automatically think they are great. Then I tell them they are built with the cheapest parts out there. Personally, I've had the best luck with my older Panasonic Plasma and Philips LCD's.
                                  I'm not sure where anyone gets the idea that Samsung is great!? Are they delusional!??

I find them synonymous with "Cheap-Korean-Crap"... I guess their marketing department has successufully fooled the masses...

The early Philips plasmas are awesome... LG/Philips "collaboration" panels with the premium Philips electronics! I would buy one in a heartbeat... Dittto Pioneer, probably the best built FP sets out there.... If you see one, even not working, at a decent price, snatch it... They don't make them like that anymore!!!

I'm still mourning the loss of Panasonic's Plasma division.. I could have made a decent living selling quality plasma sets to people who understand but noooooo, not economical enough, apparently...

I don't care if they'd charged twice the price, I could still have sold them to people who actually "get it"......
                                  Last edited by drussell; 01-17-2015, 10:07 PM.

Comment

I believe I have a 26" Logik with the same board in it. It's stuck in standby but there are no shorted diodes on the output. Where was the diode shorted on yours?
                                    It was a output package I willl highlight it in the photo, I have seen these boards in the 18-32" ultra slim logiks.

Comment

Originally posted by ibgm View Post
                                      This is the nicest way to ask which brand is the biggest piece of crap! I love it. Samsung does seem to come in first a lot. Everyone hears Samsung and they automatically think they are great. Then I tell them they are built with the cheapest parts out there. Personally, I've had the best luck with my older Panasonic Plasma and Philips LCD's.
                                      Samsung's are cursed with a horrible flaw I dont tink I have seen one of their lcds or plasmas live past 5 years because they are junk.

Comment

Originally posted by reelitin View Post
                                        Just as you stated, it appears Samsung is the worst produced at the moment. Kind of on the other side, which is the best brand out there in the 50" class? Just curious as my in laws are after a new tv and asked my advice as to the best brand out there. I told them to stay away from Samsung, but was wondering what everyone list of best to worst is? I guess that would fall in line with the less often units repaired is.
                                        Thanks for your input in advance. I am a beginner of tv repairs, and have gained a lot of help from this site. I just had someone call with a Samsung pn50a460s4d. Same symptoms as another poster made. Wondering if it is worth replacing the board on almost 7 year plasma.
                                        Probably not because a few months later it will probably fail again tbh.

Comment

Working...
                                        X