Ho 15-bc014nl Power led

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ho 15-bc014nl Power led

strange power led behaviour, hp 15-bc014NL DAG35AMB8E0, the original bios was deleted by a repair shop so I tried all three bios skylake H from a badcap thread. only one of them works (but committed state....) but the led next the power button remain on when the system is off and the other way around.

Re: Ho 15-bc014nl Power led

what is the job or title of the led next to the power button according to the laptop's manual?

Comment

Originally posted by caspian View Post
      what is the job or title of the led next to the power button according to the laptop's manual?
      In a service guide there is only the word "power button" but there is a led inside. If it remain on with a battery only, it's a problem.
      Remain on when I close the lid.
      Last edited by jasko_jacker; 10-11-2019, 01:58 PM.

Comment

Lid switch is on the power button board?? Did you tried removing it??

Comment

Apparently solved:
          This notebook has two separate board: one with 2 usb port and audio jack and from this another for the power button and led. The cable to the audio BD conn have a +3VPCU broken line, this line is also for power led. After restoring the connection the power led is normally off when the system is off... I don't know if there is another issue but at lest it work now.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by jasko_jacker; 10-12-2019, 09:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mcplslg123 View Post
            Lid switch is on the power button board?? Did you tried removing it??
            If I understand well how the lid switch works (hall sensor) it has three pin
            1 -> GND
            2 -> +3V from always voltage
            3 -> to EC
            When the lid is open this component permit a current to flow to EC if we close the lid a magnet acts on the sensor blocking the 3 volts. If we remove this sensor, the EC interprets the situation as if the lid was open therefore to disable it we connect +3V to ec with a wire that joint pin 2 with 3.
            It's correct ?

Comment

The problems continue:
              during shutdown, the screen remains black and the caps lock flashes:
              3 long flashes
              2 short flashes
              I turned it off by holding the button and restarted it but the LED remains off.
              Probably the bios is wrong ? for this models there are many bios related to cpu installed...
              The HP utility don't recognize the model of the laptop
              Last edited by jasko_jacker; 10-12-2019, 11:12 AM.

Comment

HP laptop blink codes: https://support.hp.com/gb-en/document/c01732674

Flash the matching bios and EC if you have a programmer ,from this post: https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=72828
                Last edited by SMDFlea; 10-12-2019, 11:07 AM.
                All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

I have already visited that link but I don't have the old bios,
                  I have tried all the bios for skylake and apparently the system only works with
                  0825F but I'm not sure that's the right one. The bios is in committed state, is it possible that if I do not solve this problem, there are malfunctions?

Comment

Flash the matching 0825F EC if you have a programmer.The 15-bc014NL has a i7-6700HQ, Skylake H ,i can`t say which of the 3 bios is the correct one. i did find a bios on a paid site for the 15-bc014NL although it didn`t say what the BID (bios id) is unfortunately .Make a backup of the EC first. Replacing the EC is your other option.
                    Last edited by SMDFlea; 10-12-2019, 01:08 PM.
                    All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

The correct BIOS is 0820 (The correct version number appeared on BIOS info after the boot also with another version , I dont know if this info came from EC) but unfortunately
                      The remain two skylake bios also boot.
                      this situation creates problems because apparently even the incorrect BIOSes work well.
                      only after installing Windows or another OS we realize that some things do not work well for example the recognition of the battery capacity.
                      I have not tried the BIOS not declared as skylake but by using MCextractor we can see that also in these BIOS there are the cpu microcode related to skylake.
                      personally I preferred to use the latest version of the bios taken from the HP site and then convert it into .BIN using the appropriate utility. it is important to use nmdifit to insert the data related to the motherboard otherwise it is not possible to update the BIOS or use the hp apps that require them.
                      Last edited by jasko_jacker; 10-14-2019, 03:54 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X