Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ASUS FX504GM bios dump needed!

Hi everyone!

I'm in trouble, I need an ASUS ROG FX504GM dump bios (16Mb)

Motherboard is DABKLIMBAB0 Rev.B

I was not able to cut it from factory bios ...
    Last edited by SMDFlea; 09-14-2021, 06:28 PM.

Re: ASUS FX504 bios dump needed!

Originally posted by bergusz View Post
    Hi everyone!

I'm in trouble, I need an ASUS ROG FX504GM dump bios (16Mb)

Motherboard is DABKLIMBAB0 Rev.B

I was not able to cut it from factory bios ...
    The bios from asus is a bios update,not the full bios.Post your bios backup .
    All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Hi!

Yes, I know, but my original has corrupted/incomplete, because of failed bios update! So I need a complete dump in this case, I think!

But here it is, if you can use it anyhow:
      Attached Files

Comment

Try this bios .There`s no DMI included.
        Attached Files
        All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

You are very kind! Thanx! Will try

Comment

Hello. I need dabklimbaco rev c bios for repair. I have got corrupt bios but need complete bin. Thanks
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
              Try this bios .There`s no DMI included.
              I report that is working perfect, SMDFlea; thank you very much.

Comment

Re: Asus tuf FX504gm troubleshooting

the old bios.bin has the contents of the bios when i got if from the repair shop where the laptop turns on keyboard backlight and does nothing more. (just a reminder, the original symptom when i took it there was that when pressing the power key the power led would blink once and then stay off. The charging light would work normally).

the FX504GM.301.bin i downloaded from somewhere and came with an EC.bin that i can not program into the SIO chip since i dont have a suitable programmer and gives me almost the same results (the laptop turns on keyboard backlight and does nothing more) but the charge light does not come on when i connect the power adapter with the battery connected.

the FX504GM ME_CLEAN is the clean bios and again it gives me the same results
                but the charging light works normally (lits red) when i connect the power adapter with the battery connected.

P.S.
                Please note that my xeltek 6100n programmer reads my bios chip as (GD25B128C). It does not have the GD25B127DSIG in it's device list.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by HellasTechn1; 04-19-2023, 06:48 AM.

Comment

Re: ASUS FX504GM bios dump needed!

Are theede bin files suitable for my laptop ? Please any advice highly appreciated since i payed 450 euro for this used laptop (as is) and it only worked 1 day

I do suspect problem with the SIO chip. at the workshop where i took it they told me that the chipset is bad and they couldnt do anything about it. discussion here : https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=110769

Thank you all !!!
                  Last edited by HellasTechn1; 04-20-2023, 01:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by HellasTechn1 View Post
                    Are theede bin files suitable for my laptop ? Please any advice highly appreciated since i payed 450 euro for this used laptop (as is) and it only worked 1 day

I do suspect problem with the SIO chip. at the workshop where i took it they told me that the chipset is bad and they couldnt do anything about it. discussion here : https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=110769

Thank you all !!!
                    Post the laptop serial number

Comment

Here's your New BIOS, try it and give me the results.

Serial Number: J9NRCX04A990401.
                      Attached Files
                      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests
                      all donations are welcome,
                      see the donate button at the bottom of the page, or
                      >>>>>
                      click on this link to donate via PayPal. <<<<<
                      Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.
                      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by hardware1 View Post

Yes that is the serial number all right : J9NRCX04A990401.
                        I am going to try this bios on monday and let you know. Many thanks !!!
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by HellasTechn1; 04-21-2023, 03:45 AM.

Comment

I had the chance to remove the bios from the machine, erase it, program it with the above .bin file and re solder it on the machine.
                          The laptop now looks completely dead. No action when i press the power button, no lights turn on and the charging light does not turn on when i connect the charger. I do have 3.3 volts on the bios chip though (pin 4 gnd, pin 8 vcc).
                          unfortunately i do not know where to look for other voltages...

P.S. Since i dont want to mess up your forum, should i keep writing here or take it back to the other thread? thanks.

Comment

P.S. Since i dont want to mess up your forum, should i keep writing here or take it back to the other thread? thanks.
                            No. If you want further help beyond a bios request - at the other thread only.
                            ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
                            Become a Badcaps supporter
                            >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
                            Thanks to all supporters.​
                            ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Doctrina est fructus dulcis, radicis amarae.

Comment

Hello. i have one last question about my bios.
                              Does it have kbc bios inside it ?

Thank you !

Comment

Originally posted by hardware1 View Post

Is this a clean me bios ? I am asking because i need it to be clean me.
                                I have replaced the kbc (sio chip) with a new blank one and i want to flash the bios with a clean me one so that at first power up the kbc will be self programed and hopefully my machine will work.

Thank you.

Comment

Please, it is very important that i flash the correct bios firmware with clean me since i only have one shot for correct programming of the SIO chip.

Comment

Is this a clean me bios ? I am asking because i need it to be clean me.
                                    I have replaced the kbc (sio chip) with a new blank one and i want to flash the bios with a clean me one so that at first power up the kbc will be self programed and hopefully my machine will work.

Thank you.
                                    Yes, the ME Region is clean and the BIOS has EC firmware inside it.
                                    Remember to do verification after flashing the BIOS.
                                    Attached Files
                                    Last edited by hardware1; 05-24-2023, 02:20 PM.
                                    Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests
                                    >>>>>

Comment

Thanks !
                                      By the way , which program do you use to read the.bin file ?

Comment

Thanks !
                                        By the way , which program do you use to read the.bin file ?
                                        If you asking for which Hex Editor I use to open the bin files, I use HxD.
                                        >>>>>

Comment

Working...
                                        X