X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello everybody!
    Recently found this forum while searching for some tech advice on a potentially dead end "repair" project I'm working on, seems like a great community so I decided to join! A little background, I'm 22, have been tinkering with computers since I was a little kid, built my first computer at age 11 with the help of my dad.

Probably a little bit too young and inexperienced to have any educated input on most topics, however I do spend most of my spare time taking apart and putting back together every device I own, fixing laptops for frustrated old ladies, building desktop computers, fixing washing machines, 3D Printing (Calibrating my printer for 6 hours then re-calibrating half an hour after, repeat), CAD, and really just anything to do with DIY and making things, learning as I go along.

I'm not an expert in any sense of the word, but I love to learn, knowledge is power, and hopefully some day I'll be able to help someone here with something, and learn a little at the same time.

Comment

hi all name is wayne from ontario canada , love to take things apart and see how things work.. fixed my dads 46 inch samsung tv a few years ago, did the research and found that the caps were bad on the power board, now i find myself trying to repair my own lg 50pc3d-ue the tv was having a hard time turning on with picture and would shut off on it's own, been slowly getting worse now turns on but picture is greenish with verticle lines. hope i can find some info to repair it.

Comment

hello all, im andy for melbourne, nice to meet you all

Comment

Hello everyone, my name is joao, I'm 34 years old, I live in Portugal and I'm a computer technician. and an apprentice in electronics. I work in a computer store. I'm here because I've been following and learning a lot with this forum for a long time. thank you all

Comment

Hello all, I'm Richard. I spent my early adulthood working in car audio/video/security and then later as a mechanic. These days I just fix things for myself. Component level repairs have always been a step beyond me, but I think it's time to change that!

Comment

Hello All! I am new to this site. I enjoy reading some of the troubleshooting posts here, I find them quite helpfull. I find there is a wealth of knowledge on this site and a lot of experts. Myself, I am a trades person as well, I am an Automotive Technician here in Southern Ontario so I have pretty good basic knowledge of electronics, but I am far from an expert. In my field we normally replace modules after a bit of diag. There isnt a whole lot of individual component testing, I wish there was though because I find it interesting and more rewarding. Lately I took on the task of tackling a problem at home with our 50 Samsung Plasma. I will be posting my findings soon on a different thread and hope to gain some insight for what Im getting myself into with this TV. Thanks for reading my post, hope to connect with some of you,

Cheers, Anthony.

Comment

Hi All...
                greeting from indonesia

thanks for great forums

Comment

Hello all!

I'm just a layman trying to get scourge some info trying to start repairing my own mainboards! No clue as to how to do it hence why I'm here, after all!

Comment

Just doin' my bit to help recycling...

A lifelong 'jack of all trades...master of none', my experience in computers and other electronic wizardry is based on an unusual desire to strip stuff down, repair and (hopefully) rebuild - with no screws left over...
                    Can build PC's, own many consoles and home computers (both current and older) and enjoy introducing my grand-kids into gaming from the past.
                    Am currently trying to breath life back into my Sony 4K t.v. - this certainly is a very good site for knowledge and experience and I am glad to have joined.

Comment

Hello
                      I am a French computer scientist, but I happen to perform troubleshooting TV or other as a hobby.
                      Having seen that this forum was full of very interesting information, I would like to ask you. My first request for help will be for a Toshiba TV that flashes green / red
                      You will want to forgive my level of English which is far from excellent.
                      Thank you all for your help
                      Best regards
                      Jérôme.

Comment

Hello everyone my name is Steve from southwest Missouri. I recently had an issue with my Samsung plasma TV that I hear may be relatively easy to fix, but I'm not the kind of person to throw parts at something to try and fix it. Unfortunately I've never really done any electronics troubleshooting. I have limited tools for these types of repairs but that's never stopped me from getting what I need and giving things a try. I tend to learn best in a hands-on way and I hope I can gain the knowledge I need here to see if I can't get this thing fixed up! Thanks and will see you in the forums!
                        They call me......."threadkiller"

Comment

Hi my name is damo and I am new to this forum obviously.
                          My first system I can remember building with my dad was a 386 PC it did not have a HDD we had to boot from a 5 1/4 inch floppy disk in to dos 3.3 are those were the days so much simpler. I now work in IT within the DC industry and I have long wanted to get in to component level repairs.
                          I am starting with a Dell 3008wft monitor and I found an article on this forum hence I joined. I would welcome any help on diagnosing power supply issues as I am a beginner at component level repair. I did read some other articles on the web one of which stated that my problem was usually related to a diode on the power supply so I have removed the power supply and purchased a replacement diode then it dawned on me how do I know this will fix my problem is there a way to test diode before I replace it? Also should note I am located in Australia with 240VAC any help anyone can provide it welcomed.

Comment

Hi All, great forum board. lots of reading here. Lol

Comment

Found badcaps looking for help to fix a sub. Great place!

Comment

Hello

I'm just a curious breaker of technology looking for a way to save some money by fixing my mistakes, rather than binning them! Predominately responsible for breaking motherboard bios' by flashing the wrong type!

Comment

Hola. New dude in tha house!

Comment

Hiiii....a great website, I'm from Spain

Comment

Still repairing lots of stuff ar 81 years old!

Comment

I'm Tom and I've been playing with/working with electronics since sorting resistors for my dad while he built a 25" color Heatkit television back in the 1970's.

Latest project is a "gifted" 50" samsung plasma with display issues. Hoping to find pointers to get the red haze picture cleared out.

Comment

Hello, Im the new kid. Been dealing with electronics my whole life, and this website has been a great source of information for me for a long time. I just never got around to registering.... sorry..... But here I am! And I have plenty of questions that need answered so buckle up

Comment

Working...
                                          X