X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello everyone
    I am working in repairing laptops, phone, Tablets, etc.... I hope to coordinate to exchange informations

Comment

Hi there I'm Jay and I'm an Electronics engineer. Its been 1 day since my last repair. I really need to keep on rrpairing . I've just discovered this site and feel I can contribute as well as learn too

27 years on and off ( mainly on ) I've been in this tv repair bloke role and I have a good customer base.

My success rate I've worked out to about 92% hpwever thats only because of customers who fail to admit the Wii remote broke it.

Comment

Hi there I'm Bapi, I have an issue with my Samsung Plasma TV. Hoping to get some help on this forum.

Comment

Hello first of all im 28 years old from indonesia , im starting to like computer and any other technology stuff at about 2010 since then i keep learning by self-taught little by little and by joining in this forum i hope i can study , share and expand my knowledge and experience further more.

And finally i'd like to say that it's a pleasure to meet u all folks

Comment

Hi, I'm James, from the UK. I've lurked around the forums for a while and thought it was about time I registered!

Comment

Hello everyone, my name is Scott (Slimm)and I have been a tinkerer of anything that could be taken apart since I was old enough to wander around the garage with my father's tools. My mind never stops wondering how things work and I have a passion for learning anything, often times for no reason other than an understanding of a particular 'thing' or topic.
              I am a high level amputee having lost my right leg and hip at the spine when I was 7 due to osteosarcoma in my hip joint. This type of amputation is called a hemipelvectomy and since there is no support on my right side, I sit kinda crooked and stand kinda crooked with my left foot centered under my torso instead of spreading outwards. These things have caused my spine to grow increasingly crooked and twist from top to bottom like a corkscrew. Due to these issues I now have 6 bad disc (4 ruptured and 2 herniated), osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis in my spine, my left hip and my left knee. This began giving me real trouble about 15 years ago but I put off medical help and just kept crawling and and out of cars until about 6 years ago when I set to finding relief from my pain and discomfort. I was forced to quit working three years ago and began pain management treatments to help me manage my pain to a level that allows me to function enough for a somewhat comfortable day.
              My father is a retired high voltage electrician and kept tons of cool stuff laying around for me to 'inspect'. I got into car audio in the early/mid 80's and ended up with a career in the automotive industry doing window tinting and car audio/security for the better part of 35 years.

I now sit around the house and drive my girlfriend crazy searching Craigslist for things to save/dig out of the trash so I can fix them, when I am not fishing or making passes in my boat trying to go faster than the last time. I am a bonafide adrenaline junkie and love power even on my weedeater!

Oh, and I am kinda long winded cause I spend so much time alone I guess...but not really because I love to chat period.

Scott

Comment

Hello

Comment

Hi. New member here. I found this forum while searching for info on a TLP521-2.
                  Ya see, I want a LOT of different effects pedals for my guitars and bass.
                  However, they don't give them away, and the ones I want tend to be expensive, out of production, or both.
                  That's where the internet comes in. Lots of forums (fora???) dedicated to DIY stompboxes.
                  I tend to keep PCBs from any electronics that fail.
                  I also keep any failed ECMs and electric motor controllers that I have to replace at work. I see no good coming from throwing them in the trash, when there are usually a good number of perfectly good components that I can use.

So, I'm trying to figure out it I can use the TLP521-2 as an op amp for either a small amp or for a distortion pedal.
                  Google searching TLP521-2 brought me here.
                  So, I started reading and decided to stay.

Comment

Greetings from Manchester, England... One day I will successfully repair something!

Comment

Just joined I hope I`m able to learn as I have been playing around with computers starting in 1999 . I want to learn as I`m always learning. I know sounds corny, If you try, you can learn something everyday.

Comment

Originally posted by Madferritt View Post
                        Greetings from Manchester, England... One day I will successfully repair something!
                        I started small, on repairs.
                        I got a DOD Grunge pedal for free.
                        It didn't work. I found a shorted 1N4001 diode and a fried trace.
                        I replaced the diode and replaced the trace with a wire.
                        It works. I'm mostly happy. Its reputed to be a noisy pedal, so I wasn't surprised that it IS a noisy pedal. There are mods I can do to it, to make it better.
                        For now, I use my noise gate with it.
                        Small victories are still victories.

Comment

Hello BadCaps!
                          I'm a hopeless hacker, a friend of mine said "why buy it when you can make it?" Some would say ... Stupid! But not so! Making and fixing leads to innovation.
                          My repair adventure is with a Samsung PN60E530A3F given to m me, - no sound no picture, power on and the Samsung startup melody sounds and the red light in the lower right flashes with each command.

Comment

Hello there

Comment

Hi all,
                              New to this and hopping to learn…
                              I'm portuguese living in Porto!

Cheers

Comment

Hello BadCaps!

Greetings from a new member in Staffordshire, England.

Comment

Aloha all, I am new to this. I live in Hawaii and am trying to fix my t.v. My name is Justin.

Comment

Aloha all, I am new to this. I live in warsaw and am trying to fix my t.v. My name is Justin.

Comment

Pozdrowienia z Warszawy Polska ... Pewnego dnia uda mi się coś naprawić!

Comment

Hello everybody,
                                        I am larry and come from Taiwan,
                                        I work in a company making power module which using in TV and LCD Monitor.
                                        I repair some TV machine and PC getting from recycling field on the holiday.

Very glad to be a part of this great community.

Comment

Hi,

Im from Australia and prefer to DIY so found this site while trying to repair a similar led tv issue with another forum post. Joined the site to look for diagnostic ideas.

Comment

Working...
                                          X