X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Dear members

I am pretty new here and hope to learn a lot. I promise to keep my questions pertinent and as well researched as possible before posting. Thanks for the opportunity and I look forward to being a part.

Cheers!

Comment

My name is Chop, I am 28, and I am currently in school for Automation and Electronics Technology. I enjoy learning about how things work and fixing them (or at least attempting to) if they are broken. Nice to meet all...

Comment

hi
        I'm OM from india. a tech savvy since birth. I like modding things,reverse engineering and software programming. learning about new things is my hobby and right now i'm trying to learn about rectifing electronic gadgets so as to make myself self dependent for any electronic repairs which i frequently come across operating my gadgets

Comment

Hi,
          My name is Daniel and I have been playing with electronics since I was a child, and I'm 38 now. I really got into computers when my mom got our first Compaq Presario in the late 90's. We had so much trouble with that computer, that I stayed on the phone with tech support and that's how I learned everything that I know today. I love tinkering with electronics and learning new things.

Comment

Hi everyone. I run a small computer repair business and have just gotten into board level repairs. I look forward to learning lots of things from all of you.

Cheers!

Comment

Hello all,
              I recently started tinkering with some broken tvs that I still have and kept running across references to badcaps forum in my research. Thanks to what I have read here as a guest and thanks to some great videos on YouTube by Tampatec I have got one set repaired and am currently working on another.

Comment

Hi.

Just a guy interested (among other things) in vintage computers, C64, Amiga, etc.....

Comment

Hi,
                  I am a French and I like repair screen, computer, monitor for my friends. It's hobby.

Comment

Originally posted by Topcat View Post
                    A WELCOME to everyone that joins in!!

Peta, ofcourse some advertising would always be helpful to making this a success.... This forum has existed since October 6th 2003, online the first time at about 9:00PM CST. Being a couple days old, atleast there's traffic...

I don't know if this forum will be a huge success or not, I created it out of requests from viewers, so we'll see how many actually join... If it takes off, I'll be tickled pink!! If it flops, I'll simply remove it.

A little about me?!?

HMMM I'll give a little info... I've been in the electronics field since 1991, with experience ranging from TV/VCR repair all the way to industrial electronics for a very large and well known manufacturer. I started in computers in 1994, just for a change and something I thought would be more challenging.... First of all, in the computer field, I AM NOT a number cruncher (programmer) YUK!!!!! I'm a hardware/network guy... I can install any OS, repair and make it work, but sitting and typing code is more boring than watching flies mate!! So I stick to hardware!! I get the 'thrill' from coming up with cures for problems, creative and USEFUL mods (this DOES NOT include neon lights and corny batman windows in my cases)...

Before the VP6 was around, Abit's poster child was the BP6, dual celeron board... Being one of the pioneers to run dual Coppermines in my BP6 was quite a thrill... Then came the VP6, and the dreaded crap cap problem... Thus was born PROJECT:VP6, which is over a year old... It can be viewed at www.kabalsrealm.com/systems/projects/vp6/. That single article ultimately led to badcaps.net and this forum... I was shocked at the publicity it drew...

A little inside info?!?
                    Well, age?! I'll say late 20's and that's close enough... I enjoy dealing with the computers, all of this is just a hobby these days, so if it did flop, it's no loss... I'm also a car nut... (300ZX!!!)... I also enjoy flying immencely, although, no I don't own an airplane... YET!!! Maybe if I sell off all this computer junk, I could afford one... HEH I own 3 domain names, and host sites for a few friends on this array... Of course they pay me nothing... HMMM Ohh well... Money isn't all... That's about all I think needs to be revealed... If there's something you really need to know about me, ask... The answer all depends on the question you asked...

Anyhow,
                    Peta, and everyone else that has joined, Welcome to the forums!! Bring some friends with ya!! :roll:
                    Very interesting profile... I wish I had your skills man! Anyway, trying to advance a bit on my own DUY projects, soldering iron manouvres and the like hehe.

I am pretty sure I can gain a bit of know-how here in this wonderful forum.

Regards to all forumites and it's a pleasure to be part of it!

Comment

Hello

I am interested in little computer repairs, FPGAs and the like, and general troubleshooting and board repair skills.!

Great forum and I really appreciate its existence

Warm regards to all fellow forumites!

Comment

Hello there,

I am trying to fix a TV-Model for my neighbour. I have repaired some tv's in the past that have had easy to fix problems. Got some basic~mid understanding of electronics.
                        I really hope to find some help here because a lot of google searches brought me very often to this great site.

Best Regards and happy repairing.

Comment

Evening All - like many others I find the need to save money so wish to try and repair my broken TV.
                          I can offer little in the way of TV repair help, as I repair industrial roller doors however, if you have an industrial door question I'll do my best to help you fix it.

Currently my problem is with a Panasonic Plasma TV
                          MODEL :- TX-P42U30B
                          Power board :MPF6909
                          Fault:- TV doesn't respond to remote or built in set buttons it just has the red display light stating standby. It has no flashing lights it just has a relay click from the power board intermittently.
                          So if you can offer help please do.

Comment

Hi Guys,

I have been interested in electronics as long as I can remember. My dad who was a pathologist was always tinkering with electronic stuff. I remember him fixing neighbours amplifiers and radios and building Heathkits (remember them?). It must have rubbed off on me because when I was 8 and was asked what I wanted to be, I answered ‘a radioman'.
                            Well I never became a ‘radioman' but now age 64 I'm an anesthesiologist but still enjoy electronics as a hobby. I lament how hard it is to fix things these days. The surface mount technology is so small I can hardly see it let alone hold it when it needs replacing. Fortunately, a lot of problems still involve the power supply and other areas that still have large discrete components.
                            I look forward to getting advice from you guys to fix an old Philips LCD monitor. Monitors are cheap now so I guess I should just throw it away and get new but it's still fun to try and figure out what's wrong.

Comment

I have to many computers, and 1 too few PSUs. Great.

Comment

Hi - new member trying to fix my macbook pro...any help gratefully received

Comment

Howdy, seems like useful information abounds here....thanks.

Bill

Comment

Aloha guys, I am new to this and am trying to figure out my t.v. I am not sure how to put a thread out there to get help.
                                    I have a samsung tv model un65ku630dfxza. it works fine for about an hour give or take, then we get all the colored lines and it shuts down and then boots back up. Once it shuts down it will continue to shut down and reboot. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Comment

Hi there,

New here and happy to read such helpful posts...

I'm 45 and I touched my first computer at 10, an old Olivetti Logabax with perforated cards...Then I had mine, a legendary Commodore 64. That was the beginning of everything...

I used to work as an IT guy and network admin but my interest was in hardware so I learn industrial computing and became after sales service manager in a company specialized in providing hardware solutions for various industries in harsh environment.

Then I moved in Japan to work as a service engineer in a Toshiba semiconductor Fab. I was in charge of wafer handling robots, of course in cleanrooms, I touched my Graal there...I love Japan and robots so it was like there is nowhere else to be !!

I moved then from Japan to Caribbean, more precisely in the French West Indies to work as a field service engineer in marine electronics. Very good experience as well.

At the moment I'm running my own small business in the French Alps, I'm solution provider for local hotels and restaurants who needs computers, point of sales, ruggedized outdoor LCD screens, video, home automation...

Well all this time with electronic stuffs...I guess it's a PTST after the C64 shock

I'm preparing my first post on Marshall Woburn internal PSU problems. Many problems found around the web with these Marshall's wireless speakers. Especially just after the warranty period end...

See ya

Comment

Aloha guys, I am new to this and am trying to figure out my t.v. I am not sure how to put a thread out there to get help.
                                        I have a samsung tv model un65ku630dfxza. it works fine for about an hour give or take, then we get all the colored lines and it shuts down and then boots back up. Once it shuts down it will continue to shut down and reboot. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Comment

Hello from the Chicago suburbs. Looking for some advice on TV repair. Been searching and reading many threads here, and seems like there are many extremely smart and experienced persons, so hopeful that someone can provide advice.

Comment

Working...
                                          X