This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Well here goes nothing. I found this site via another forum I was digging through to find a fix for my Samsung 55” 4K curved. Still no fix but getting closer each day (hopefully). My DIY repair days go back to when I was a child and helping my grandfather repair anything and everything he got his hands on. We would take a walk every morning that I stayed over at my grandparents house and bring back old lawnmowers and whatnot. We would spend the day repairing/cleaning them up just to get them workin again and put them to the curb for someone else to take home for free. We did it for fun. To give us something to do for the day. I realize this doesn't relate to electronics but it's what gave me the “fix it / not toss it” bug. I've worked on computers and electronics for as long as I can remember. I'm by no means an expert but I feel like I have more knowledge and skill than the average person.

Comment

Hey guys, after trying everything with my newb Knowledge to get a "test model" of the hp elitebook 1030 g2 fully functional I found this Forum. It seems the right spot . I am from Halle Germany, studying social Sciences. Nice to meet you

Comment

Hi,
        I love repairing things as a hobby. I'm a tool maker by trade so the mechanical stuff is covered but electronics....there's so much I have to learn....

Comment

Hi Guys

I'm Ken from Philippines I just graduated as a grade 12 student in here so I don't have any background experience in field of Technology.

I just want to learn more about technology. So that one day all the knowledge that I know is the one I'm going to share for everyone.

Thank you

Comment

Beep.. Boop.. Just kidding, definitely not a bot.

I tinker with old PC hardware out of curiosity, sometimes that involves making some repairs.

Comment

Hi everybody. Ryan from Michigan here. I've been repairing cell phones for about 5 years now, branching out into laptop board repair has led me here. looking for boardview files.

Comment

Hey everyone. I love old electronics but most of the stuff you buy or scavenge needs some fixing. Hope I can get some help and maybe help others here. Have a nice day!

Comment

Hi'yall!!
                  I'm 64 and they still love me!!

I do something that nobody around here in the SW suburban Chicago area does..component level repair. Most of my work consists of electronics musical instrument servicing and I'm a service center for quite a few of the MI Manf's out there. Been doing electronics work and design since I was about 12 (do the math!) and I still wake up every morning just to find out what I can learn that day.

I'm also a sound engineer as well as sound designer for several local theaters in the area. Do sound and video engineering through my own companies, Richards' Music & Electronics and RME Audio Video Inc.

I like to have fun and be challenged in what I do, and that makes it all interesting. Good to see so many other people doing the same thing here!!

Comment

Originally posted by The_Seer View Post
                    Hi,
                    I love repairing things as a hobby. I'm a tool maker by trade so the mechanical stuff is covered but electronics....there's so much I have to learn....
                    Just remember the #1 rule...don't let out the magic smoke!!

Comment

Hi all!

My name is Nick and I've been a DIY-type person since I was old enough to care about money.

I'm a Computer Science major going to school on the GI Bill.

My electronics repair experience consists mostly of computers/laptops/TVs/etc. I've got more experience wrenching on cars/motorcycles, though. For instance: I've rebuilt my motorcycle engine/trans. The most complex electronics repairs have been mostly soldering jobs.

I've never paid for a TV. I acquire faulty ones that people throw out/give me and try and fix them. Worked well so far!

Just found this forum. Wish I had known about it years ago!

Comment

I signed up to gain access to pictures members submitted in this forum for removing the power plug connector in a DELL 2007WFPb.

This monitor just suddenly wouldn't turn on. The screen would just blank out and the green light in the power button would also disappear. I read that bad capacitors are usually the culprit so I proceeded to take the monitor apart. But I ran into difficulty with the power plug connector. I just couldn't figure out how to remove it from the shielding cage because without doing this I can't remove the power board to inspect the capacitors.

I now have access and can see how to remove the power plug connector. Thank you.

Comment

Hi everyone!
                          I'm new here, i want to continue my old hobby cos i will los a job
                          Have a nice day

Comment

Hi everyone, I've gained some great knowledge from this forum already as a lurker, hope to participate a bit more in the future!

Comment

Just wanted to say hello and checked the forum recently and think it's awesome
                              Warren Weaver

Comment

Hello from SoCal...
                                registered 5 yrs ago. but got busy
                                just wanted to say hi... hi!
                                and Thanks for the helpful info on electronic repairs.

CK

Comment

Hi from Belfast. I've been doing microsolder repair since about 2001, professionally. Only about the last five years or so have I been doing diagnosis as well.

I'm a fan of Jessa and Louis, of course. You know who they are!

Binatone something --> Atari 2600 VCS console --> Dragon 32 --> Commodore 128D --> 486DX PC... then various Cyrix and AMD processors, before making the switch to back to Intel. Never a Mac owner, but worked on them exclusively for a couple of years.

I started wanting to be a hardware engineer. Then I switched to programming. Then I learned how to solder properly.

Comment

Hello.

First my english is verry bad.

I have 41 years old, i work in a little company keeping the servers.

I try to repair the equipment that is broken, although the policy is to replace them.

My first computer was a 286 with 1 megas of ram and dd 50 megabytes.
                                    greetings to all.

Comment

Hello and thank you for letting me Join.
                                      I am a 50yr old Huseband of 29yrs and have been maintaining the household electrical items for all this time. I currently have a problem with our tv, which I will be starting a thread about shortly (although I think I have already found the problem through reading a few threads)
                                      Thanks again and will speak soon. 👍

Comment

Hello All

Just an introduction, new to this forum. Name is Sam, I am a security technician by day.
                                        Surveillance, alarms, etc. I joined the forum because my hobby is electronics, fixing tv's, computers etc. Puts a smile on my face everytime I see a device come back to life!

Comment

'Ey fellas,

I find myself coming to read old posts alot when using search engines to do research on my electronics projects. I started learning more about electronics a little under 1/2 year ago but have been attempting to learn the best practices and use the proper tools to get jobs done as close to professional as possible so that when I get more experience I hopefully wont have as many bad habits to untrain.

Figured I'd grab an account since I lurk here so often.

Cheers

Comment

Working...
                                          X