No announcement yet.

WestingHouse L2210NW Will not power.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: WestingHouse L2210NW Will not power.

Thats what i thought but didnt want to switch up the names. But as i look at it further that black line looks like a crack, im assuming that if it is it would cause some major problems correct?

Comment

so after googling the numbers on the transformer i cant seem to find anything to replace it.

tk 430k 101-821061

thats all the markings i could find on the transformer.

Comment

sorry 430 1k**

Comment

Originally posted by testas86 View Post
          sorry 430 1k**
          Can you tell it is cracked or does it look cracked?

Well, IF it is actually cracked, this is the closest replacement I can find.

http://lcdparts.net/TransformerDetai...ProductID=2775

It is not an exact replacement, but you can email them and ask if they have unlisted stock or something?

Your best bet may be to replace the shorted transistors, try the monitor and if it still fails, try to find a new transformer.
          --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

thanks! sorry im new this type of work. ive replaced 100's of caps but i have no clue how to find transistors and transformers ill remove those transistors asap

Comment

these are the two other transistors that i need to find. also where would i go to buy buys digikey? how do i look them up?
              Attached Files

Comment

these are the two other transistors that i need to find. also where would i go to buy buys digikey? how do i look them up?
                Q is for transistor. D is for diode. These 2 are diodes (dual diodes).

To properly test them, do this. pin 2 is center pin.

Put your multimeter on diode test.

1) red on pin 1, black on pin 2. Record/report diode measurement.
                2) black on pin 1, red on pin 2. Record/report diode measurement.
                3) red on pin 3, black on pin 2. Record/report diode measurement.
                4) black on pin 3, red on pin 2. Record/report diode measurement.

Do the same for the other diode.

Report measurements and we will tell you if they are bad or not.

Just to doublecheck, what ohm measurements did you get on the bad transisotr (k3113)?
                --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

ah well that really helps out alot! hahahaha ill get those measurements ASAP

Comment

k3114 measurements:

com pin 1 red pin 2= meter doesnt change from 1 also cycled through different ohms 2000k -200

com pin 1 red pin 3= meter set to 20kohm reads 10.02

com pin 2 red pin 3= meter builds up and doesnt cap out even on 2000k ohms

sbf1060ct measurements:

1) red on pin 1, black on pin 2. meter set to 20k and numbers seem to keeps going up with out stop
                    2) black on pin 1, red on pin 2. meter set to 20k and numbers seem to keeps going up with out stop
                    3) red on pin 3, black on pin 2. meter set to 20k and numbers seem to keeps going up with out stop
                    4) black on pin 3, red on pin 2. meter set to 20k and numbers seem to keeps going up with out stop

stpf1020ct measurements:

1) red on pin 1, black on pin 2. meter set to 20k and numbers seem to keeps going up with out stop
                    2) black on pin 1, red on pin 2. meter set to 20k and numbers seem to keeps going up with out stop
                    3) red on pin 3, black on pin 2. meter set to 20k and numbers seem to keeps going up with out stop
                    4) black on pin 3, red on pin 2. meter set to 20k and numbers seem to keeps going up with out stop

Comment

sbf1060ct and stpf1020ct measurements look good. The reason you get a resistance that constantly goes up is because your meter is charging the electrolytic capacitors.
                      Also, if your meter doesn't have a diode/continuity test, use the 2000 Ohm scale only to test diodes. Out of circuit, a good diode will test between 100 and 1000 Ohms one way and appear open circuit the other way. A bad diode will show close to 0 ohms (short circuit) in both directions.

Comment

k3114 measurements:

com pin 1 red pin 3= meter set to 20kohm reads 10.02

sbf1060ct measurements:

Let's try this again.

What is the make and model number of your multimeter? For example, you might answer Craftsman model 34555.

For the transistor test, just choose the 200 ohm setting and leave it there. Retest pin 1 to pin 3. If it reads 1 on the left hand side, the multimeter is telling you the resistance is > 200 ohms. If it really reads 10.2 ohms, it is shorted.

For the diode tests, choose the diode setting on your multimeter. It will look like an arrow pointing to the right. Once you find it, retest the diodes.
                        --- begin sig file ---

--- end sig file ---

Comment

ok i retested the transistor com 1 and red 3 and it came back 1 at 200ohms

sbf1060ct measurements:

1) red on pin 1, black on pin 2. 130
                          2) black on pin 1, red on pin 2. numbers seem to keeps going up with out stop
                          3) red on pin 3, black on pin 2. 129
                          4) black on pin 3, red on pin 2. numbers seem to keeps going up with out stop

stpf1020ct measurements:

1) red on pin 1, black on pin 2. 419
                          2) black on pin 1, red on pin 2. numbers seem to keeps going up with out stop
                          3) red on pin 3, black on pin 2. numbers seem to keeps going up with out stop
                          4) black on pin 3, red on pin 2. just shows a 1 on the left side

Comment

this is my multimeter
                            Attached Files

Comment

See that arrow symbol (in the red box) just right of the 200 ohm? That is your diode test function. Please retest the diodes with that function. Or are the results in post #32 done with the diode test?

BTW, I have that exact same multimeter. It is absolute crap. I got a different one.

Question: After you test the diode in diode setting functionality, switch it back to 200 ohms and touch the red and black probe together. What reading do you get?
                              Last edited by retiredcaps; 08-21-2010, 05:31 PM.
                              --- begin sig file ---

--- end sig file ---

Comment

its a DT-830b digital multimeter

and .7

Comment

i also have a mastech mas830L

Comment

i also have a mastech mas830L
                                    I'm sure the mastech will be way better. I hate to ask, but please redo ALL your measurements again. I have no faith in the DT-830b readings (I have one and it is busted).

It shouldn't take you more than 5 minutes to remeasure. Please post results including the reading when you touch the two probes together (this is your baseline/calibration).
                                    --- begin sig file ---

--- end sig file ---

Comment

with the mastech

SET TO 200 .7 when touched red and black probes together

k3114 measurements:

com pin 1 red pin 2= 1. set on 2k ohms

com pin 1 red pin 3= 1. set on 2k ohms

com pin 2 red pin 3= 1. set on 2k ohms

sbf1060ct measurements:

1) red on pin 1, black on pin 2. 1. set on 2k ohms also where the diode test symbol is
                                      2) black on pin 1, red on pin 2. flashes from 1. to 800 down to 400 and back up
                                      3) red on pin 3, black on pin 2. flashes from 1. to 400 down to 81 and back up
                                      4) black on pin 3, red on pin 2. flashes from 1. to 800 to 870

stpf1020ct measurements:

1) red on pin 1, black on pin 2. -1.
                                      2) black on pin 1, red on pin 2. -1.
                                      3) red on pin 3, black on pin 2. -1.
                                      4) black on pin 3, red on pin 2. 1.

Comment

k3114 measurements:

com pin 1 red pin 2= 1. set on 2k ohms
                                        com pin 1 red pin 3= 1. set on 2k ohms
                                        com pin 2 red pin 3= 1. set on 2k ohms
                                        These measurements indicate that K3114 is NOT shorted. It is a good transistor. 1 means out of range on this multimeter. That means, the resistance is greater than 2000 ohms.

The 1 should show up on the left hand side of the multimeter display.

Many newbies seem to confuse 1.0 ohms (on the right hand side of the display) with 1 (on the left to indicate out of range). My meter says 0L to let you know it is out of range. So if you interpreted 1 (on the left) has 1.0 ohms, I can see how you thought this transistor was shorted.

stpf1020ct measurements:

1) red on pin 1, black on pin 2. -1.
                                        2) black on pin 1, red on pin 2. -1.
                                        3) red on pin 3, black on pin 2. -1.
                                        4) black on pin 3, red on pin 2. 1.
                                        Those don't look right to me, but let's assume they are good for now.

I suggest if you still have 1 second to black that you move onto checking the CCFLs and tranformers.
                                        --- begin sig file ---

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Hi sorry to butt in but this board apart from maybe the pins that connect to the logic board
                                          is the same as the board they use in the acer 1916 maybe another to look at for spares or comparison

Comment

Working...
                                          X