Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AsRock 775i65GV missing capacitors! Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AsRock 775i65GV missing capacitors! Help!

Hi guys!
    I need your help. I have this MB AsRock 775i65GV. http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/775i65GV/

In the attached picture we see 10 caps. The problem is my MB has only 4!!! They are KZE 1200uF-16V.
    I need your help finding the other 6 caps, their values.
    As you can see in the picture, they are different color(blue with gold stripe - I mark them with a red line).

Thank you very much!
    Attached Files

Re: AsRock 775i65GV missing capacitors! Help!

probably 3300uf 6.3v ultra-low esr

Comment

Thank you stj. But I need to be sure.
      The others 4 are rated 16V. So why they put different voltage?

Comment

because the 16v ones are smoothing the 12v coming in, the others are smoothing the low voltage output from the stepdown circuit that drives the cpu.
        see the fet's & coils.

Comment

I see.
          This MB drives me nuts. It's booting, trying to load xp live from hiren and then shut down!

Comment

it shouldnt even be used with missing caps - you can do serious damage to the mobo & cpu
            i'm surprised it even starts up.

why are the caps missing btw?

Comment

Yes, I know.
              The caps are missing GOD knows why. My guess is someone took them out. Me and my colleague are trying to repair this MB.
              We have 2 MB and same scenario. Both have missing caps(6), post it and when you try to boot in XP live from hiren then shut down.

I will email AsRock support and ask them for missing caps values.
              Now I am very intrested. I will change all the caps, but if I do not know the missing 6 caps values it's useless...

Comment

maybe the originals were polymer (expensive) and got salvaged to upgrade another board.

Comment

stj look carefully at image I posted. They are not polymeric caps! And the picture is original from AsRock site.
                  You think is a good ideea to email AsRock?

Comment

Looks like Rubycon MBZ or MCZ 3300uF 6.3v capacitors
                    "The one who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the one who is doing it."

Comment

Thank you Per Hansson!
                      So you said that should I put 6.3V - 3300uF? I will go with this value. I will post if MB will be ok after full recap.

Thank you all! Be right back soon, maybe tomorrow.

Comment

Evrikaaaa! God bless Google! I found it!
                        They are OST RLX 6.3V 3300UF ULTRA LOW ESR! Look at OST and OST1 jpeg pictures!
                        Attached Files

Comment

just to be clear - dont you dare go buying OST caps for it - they are shit.

Comment

stj of course I will not do that! I will buy Rubycon MBZ, Panasonic or Samwha WL low esr.

Comment

unfortunatly pana dont make caps with esr that low, and samwha is shit.

i think your limited to rubycon, sanyo and maybe nichicon

Comment

Mainboard manufacturers often use different caps, the ones in your first photo are definantely not OST, they have the wrong top stamp pattern for that.
                                In any case it does not matter, just put something really low ESR there, solid polymer caps are fine too, I think this site still might sell some...
                                "The one who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the one who is doing it."

Comment

Per Hanson I have good news. My guess is they are OST because the small ones rated at 1000uF-6.3V are the same. I talk about second picture. If I will find identical MB then I will know for sure.
                                  I put Matsushita and voila, the MB is stable and don't power down. Right now I run 3DMark2001 in loop. We will see tomorrow if the board is stable .

Thank you all for your help!

Comment

They may use several different models of caps during production, it's all based on cost and availability...

Comment

Working...
                                    X