Toshiba 46HL900A

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Toshiba 46HL900A

I have a Toshiba tv which i got working a year ago had a bad led . Every so often it would get stuck on standby with green led on , so i would unplug from power and it would reset and work fine . Now it wont reset any more standby light goes from red to green and wont come out no matter weather you use remote or power button . The inverter board and backlights work when forced to start . The only thing not working is Blon .
    Any help much appreciated , hoping its not an eprom problem .
    Attached Files

Re: Toshiba 46HL900A

If BL-on is not coming on AND the TV is not starting, it's a main board issue most likely. Unfortunately there's no resources on this TV, so you're better off looking for a replacement board if it's not terribly expensive. Perhaps look for a similar TV with a broken screen so you'll have other spare boards as well, again: if you consider the price point to be worth it.
    Could be a bad cap on the main board itself causing this. What you can try is heating up the board and see if changes anything. You can go pretty hot, don't worry.
    Wattevah...

Comment

sounds like it's the eeprom, but could be a bad cap. Try freezing the eeprom (can of air upside down), then turn the TV on. See what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by capleaker View Post
        sounds like it's the eeprom, but could be a bad cap. Try freezing the eeprom (can of air upside down), then turn the tv on. See what happens.
        +100

Comment

Thanks for the replies will try heat first and then freeze the eprom.

Comment

its BGA issue on MB.
            Last edited by Diah; 01-08-2019, 11:33 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions . Is the BGA chip the one with the heat sink on it ?
              Have tried heat didn't make any difference . Will try testing from BLON pin for shorts and try and work backwards .

Comment

Yes, the main IC is BGA. Did you remove the heatsink when heating it ? How much heat did you use ? Just curious.
                Wattevah...

Comment

I didn't remove heat sink but it was getting lose,not sure how hot but heat gun set to 300c and just waving it around the chip .

Comment

Removing the heatsink would've been a good idea, but from what I've tested so far, trying to reflow a TV main board never works like it does on a laptop for instance...even when done with an actual reballing machine - when we tried it on a TV board, it no longer turned on at all which it did before. Thankfully it wasn't me who did it, but my colleague - you can imagine he had no choice but to dish out and buy a replacement board out of his wages...not pretty.

You may push on with the EEPROM just for the heck of it. If the light stays on red all the time and doesn't seem to want to start at all, even from the panel keys, it's most likely a dead CPU from what I've encountered and yes, I did try reflowing several of these scenarios - didn't work, at least not for me...can't say it NEVER works though...
                    Wattevah...

Comment

we have years ago in this forum about same MB of Toshiba and it was hot conversation .. i cant find it.. the suggestion was not professional way .to pack it for 10-15 minute at kitchen oven (not air flow oven) keep it cool with out touching it then remove.

also keep in mind that TOSHIBA firmware made to vestel boards are rubbish too.. Toshiba TL series 3D smart TV make same issue you have with flashing factory firmware it go to life again

Comment

Working...
                      X