Epox 8K7A+ caps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Epox 8K7A+ caps

I have an Epox 8KHA+ that is sitting in my computer lab and is currently acting as my DVD player. Only problem is that I have to boot it a few times to get it on. I opened up the case to have a look and there are Tayeh caos everywhere, all of them still look like they are in a good condition.... no bulging etc.... but since they are Tayeh I suspect they may have failed internally resulting in the fact that it takes me a few times to get the PC to boot or to get off the C1 error code . After I can get it to boot, it's as stable as rock.
    Now I have noticed that the motherboard uses 2700uf 6.3V 10mm Tayeh caps around the CPU, and the rest of the board has Tayeh 1000uf 6.3V 10mm.... those ones have Teapo vents.
    So I went to have a look at some caps and I can find Rubycon MFZ 2700uf 6.3V 10mm which are perfect.... only problem. I don't want to pay $7AU for 6 caps. There are 12 of these caps IIRC.
    Compared to Panasonic FJ 3300uf 6.3V 10mm which is only $7AU for 12 caps, the 2700uf are quite expensive compared to the 3300uf. Can I use 3300uf to substitute the 2700uf values??

Thanks.
    Don't find love, let love find you. That's why its called falling in love, because you don't force yourself to fall, you just fall. - Anonymous

Re: Epox 8K7A+ caps

Yes u can use 3300uF instead of the 2700uF. There should be no harm in doing this.

Comment

thats what i do.i dont even stock 2700 unless i get a surplus deal.
      replace all the tayeh and other crap .
      c1 issue will be gone.
      i have one here from a neighbor who had to turn it on and wait an hour.then a reset would make it post.
      nothing bulging or leaking but i know a recap will fix it.
      last one had several 1000@6.3 on vdimm that were open.

Comment

I had a look at this Epox 8K7A+ motherboard today and I have come to the fact that I am most likely blind. The caps are Tayeh 2200uf 10V 10mm and not 2700uf. As for 2200uf caps, I have plenty of Panasonic FJ stock here at my place.

Thanks.
        Don't find love, let love find you. That's why its called falling in love, because you don't force yourself to fall, you just fall. - Anonymous

Comment

Nope, you aren't blind, only absent-minded

Keep us updated anyway.

Zandrax
          Have an happy life.

Comment

I wanna be sure about this, but I can use 6.3V caps in place of the original 10V caps right?? I believe 10V caps are for the 5V and 3.3V lines but I want to be 100% sure about this.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by stevo1210
              I have an Epox 8KHA+ that is sitting in my computer lab and is currently acting as my DVD player.
              What the hell is it with me and the Epox 8KHA?? I don't even own that board and I keep referring my 8K7A+ to it.
              Grrr.... I need to get my mind checked up.

Comment

Blame the unfriendly names of motherboards. 1, 2 and 7 highly likely to be mixed up as they're written almost the same especially if you write them joint up. As you know theres only such voltages as 12,5,3.3,2.x,1.x. All that happens when installing the wrong caps is they should pop. Not as bad as say trying to clean thermal compound off your CPU with a power tool to save time and chopping the CPU and it's pins into fine dust by accident because you were sidetracked for a nanosecond... =D
                Rubycon Rubycon Rubycon

Comment

Originally posted by Fizzycapola
                  Not as bad as say trying to clean thermal compound off your CPU with a power tool to save time and chopping the CPU and it's pins into fine dust by accident because you were sidetracked for a nanosecond... =D
                  What the! Who are you, Fizzy "Black&Decker" Capola? I won't let you repair my precious pcs in future
                  Seriously speaking, did this really happen to you?

Zandrax
                  Have an happy life.

Comment

Be reassured 10V can be replaced by 6.3V caps. There is only one voltage greater thean 10V ie 12 Volts. Have replaced with 6.3V many times.
                    Gigabyte EP45-DS3L Ultra Reliable (Power saver)
                    Intel E8400 (3000Mhz) Bios temps. 4096Mb 800Mhz DDR2 Corsair XMS2 4-4-4-12
                    160Gb WD SATAII Server grade
                    Nvidia 8500GT 256Mb
                    160Gb WD eSATAII Server grade for backup.
                    Samsung 18x DVD writer
                    Pioneer 16x DVD writer + 6x Dual layer
                    33 way card reader
                    Windows XP Pro SP3
                    Thermaltake Matrix case with 430W Silent Power
                    17" Benq FP737s LCD monitor
                    HP Officejet Pro K5300 with refillable tanks

Comment

Originally posted by Fizzycapola
                      Blame the unfriendly names of motherboards. 1, 2 and 7 highly likely to be mixed up as they're written almost the same especially if you write them joint up. As you know theres only such voltages as 12,5,3.3,2.x,1.x. All that happens when installing the wrong caps is they should pop. Not as bad as say trying to clean thermal compound off your CPU with a power tool to save time and chopping the CPU and it's pins into fine dust by accident because you were sidetracked for a nanosecond... =D
                      Paint thinner. Definitely use paint thinner.

Then alcohol to clean off the last of the residue.

Comment

Working...
                      X