This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello I'm new here. Found tons of great info and posts. I find myself randomly reading post that have nothing to do anything that I'm currently working on. Great site!

Comment

Hey guys I decided to join your forum here while searching for repair tips for Alesis M1 active. Look forward to learning lots more.

Cheers.

Comment

Hello all. Great site! I've been coming to this site for quite a while, and usually find great troubleshooting tips. Thanks to all those who share their knowledge with novices like myself.

Comment

Hey everyone!

My name is Vagelis from Greece and I am glad I found this great forum.

Comment

Hey guys, I'm new to electronics and I try to figure out how things work by watching repair videos and reading on forums ^^ Thanks to all you video creators and people who share their experience and knowledge.

Best regards!

Comment

Hello everyone!!!,
              I have a Sharp Aquos LC-60C8470U
              I have had this tv roughly 6 years now.
              For the last year it has had horizontal lines all covering the entirety of the screen, that are evenly spaced about 1/2 apart. They show up most visibly with a grey backround. They are not visible on white or black backround. They are steady, do not flicker or blink, and are constant.
              The lines completely go away if i change the settings to AquoMotion 480, and come back when changed to 240 or standard 120hrz.
              I would just live with this, except 480hrz setting is not as crisp or clear as 120 is, and colors are not as vibrant. Text is also harder to read on 480AquoMotion.
              I will start a thread on this as soon as my new member restrictions are lifted.

Nate from Tacoma WA

Comment

Hello,

I have a plasma LG 42PA4500-UM that I am hoping to fix myself with some of your support! The original issue was No power on and no stand-by light; just an LED on the control board was blinking.

I ordered a new power supply board from a MN based shop and now the stand-by light is illuminated, but still no power-on

I need help with the next step diagnosis! Return the power supply board as defective??? or do I have another issue that needs repaired??

Needing Help in OH! thanks - Steve S.

Comment

Hello from Norway!

I've joined this forum hoping to get better at repairing tv's and other electronics. I also need help in identifying some mysterious capacitors.

Comment

New tinkerer here! I've started a hobby of picking up old TV's, usually for free or dirt cheap ($10-$20 tops) and trying to fix them. Sometimes I'm able to fix it for free, or for the cost of a few replacement caps, sometimes they require more $$ in the form of a whole new board. I then either sell them to friends/family for cheap, or flip them on Craiglist/OfferUp to generate some side income. Looking forward to learning and possibly help contribute whatever I can!

Comment

Hello everyone! My name is Mike Lee and I live in NYC. I've always wanted to get into electronics because I always want to fix my busted TV, radios, DVR or laser disc player. Things they don't sell anymore. I'm a beginner and started watching a bunch of YouTube videos on how to test capacitors, diodes and transistors. I'm currently trying to fix my brother's 2008 24" iMac that won't turn on. I pulled out the A1225 power supply and am trying to figure out how to pick matching replacement caps and transistors. This website seems to have a wealth of knowledge and I hope to find my answers here.

Thanks.

Comment

Hi Everyone! Starting to get into TV/Monitor repair so I am very excited to be here. I lurked this forum for a long time now. This is where the real stuff gets done! Thanks!

Comment

Hi everyone

just recently signed up and hope to learn a lot more about electronic troubleshooting to help me out.

Thanks

Comment

Hello... i am new here...

Comment

Hello new here .. fixing tv's and generally anything electrical has became a hobby on the side for me

My full time job is building GSM / WIFI intercoms

Comment

Hi from Germany, i am Jürgen...

I had studied communication technology in Siegen, but was lost in Computers for the last 20 years ..

I am interested in electronics for Hobbies, most of the time i repair for family, friends and from time to time Computer parts (PSU, TFT).

Most bad parts are failing badcaps.

Last one was a Zoom 9050 with broken Display, SMD Cap and fuse.

I hope to find more repair tips in this Forum.

Thanks

Jürgen

Comment

Hi from San Marino,
                                  this is Nicola !!!!
                                  CIAO !!!

Comment

hi i'm from greece and i repair electronics

Comment

hi guys,...my name is joe, and i'm pleased to be welcomed to this exciting tech forum,...i'm from GUAM in the pacific and i jusr want to say hello to all

i need some help with my dell latitude laptop, need pass code

showing code: G2V75R1-1D3B

please help me if anyone could i know it would be you guys can you generate a password for this code,,,thankyou in advance

Comment

HI EVERYONE,...my name is joe from the island of GUAM out in the pacific,...and i just wanted to greet everyone and thank the admins for allowing me to participate in this exciting forums

my problem is with my dell latitude laptop,..showing code: G2V75R1-1D3B
                                        IF ANYONE CAN HELP ME ,...i would greatly appreciate a hand with this, can anyone generate a password that i can use to unlock my laptop,...thankyou in advance

Comment

I'd give an eye and an arm to have the past in the present, when boards allowed anonymous users to speak their mind, ask their questions or just view/download attachments without that much fuss. I spent a whole day all in all reading around so as not to come out as a greenhorn, went to sleep at 6AM, came back and now I have to wait for some script to allow me to ask a question. Maybe I'm too old for this and I've seen too much…

Anyway, it's almost 11PM here and while I'm waiting for the bots to do their thing - what a world: people being ruled by robots! - I'll go grab something to eat for today. And maybe, just maybe, I'll be able to fix my monitor later on, if anybody would be so kind and able to help.

Quite an introduction, huh… See you all later. Hopefully.

Comment

Working...
                                          X