• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello from USA

i wanted to say hello for all

Comment

Hello from Virginia Beach VA. Hope this forum can help me with my new hobby of Ham Radio. I think electronic will be an interesting hobby.

Eric
      Eric F.
      Virginia Beach VA
      Bzzzzzt...Ow!

Comment

hello im new here i am 32 years old and i am electronics, i have a achi ir6500 workin on it for just tree week and i need mor help thanks

Comment

Hey guys
          I am a father of 3 and made the mistake of buying a Dell laptop for my daughter which has been the bane of my life since purchase. (not all Dell's doing ill add)
          So I recently replaced the whole chasis on this machine (daughter had droped it so many times all screw holding points were pretty much broken)
          Then after that fix, she threw a shoe at it in temper (have fixed and replaced the lcd panel (surprisingly easy fix)
          But now, the thing wont power up so Ill be posting for some advice (I am guessing its a component level fix if at all)
          Look foward to talking to some of you soon

Comment

Howdy Folks,
            New to the forum and looking to get some assistance fixing a Sharp LC-80LE661U that I inherited. I hate throwing money at parts unless I know for sure there toast. Just throwing this message out there so I can get the necessary post points before I do a full write up on what problem I'm having and the troubleshooting I've run through already.

Looking forward to being part of the community and picking some brains on the proper ways to fix things... instead of just blindly stumbling through things like I usually do.

Thanks,
            Jon

Comment

Howdy Again,
              After putting my most generic post I noticed that people are actually writing things about themselves. So, I figured I'd come back and follow suit.

I fix things. Born and bred Alaskan. Grew up in a house that threw stuff away when it broke and never liked the idea of disposable things, especially expensive ones (washers, dryers, fridges, transmissions, breaks, phones, computers... lots and lots of computers (kinda my day job), lights, remote control toys, vacuums, heaters, generators, lawn mowers, weed whackers... and the list goes on and on). So I've become the guy that everyone gives their broken stuff to and I blindly stumble my way through fixing it. Sometimes its dumb luck, sometimes a youtube video gets me there, sometimes its a friend with a helpful 'ya freakin nuub, its the blah with the blah you gotta attach to the blah'.

Anyway, I'm here because my sightless stumbling has gotten me only so far... and now I need the advice of smart people to finish the job. Looking forward to being in the presence of some big brains to help tackle the real jobs.

Jon

Comment

Hello from Kansas City, KS! Looking to get help in repairing a transducer power supply and a dead LED TV. Looks like I'll find the right expertise here.

Comment

Hello, Found this forum while trying to troubleshoot my Vizio P55. A lot of good information but need a bit of help troubleshooting my tv. Thanks in advance!

Comment

Hi all!
                    Konrad from Warsaw in Poland here
                    Retro PC fan all the way!

Comment

Hello,

I have a Electronic Common Core Technician Certificate and have been working in electronics for the past several years but never had a position doing board level repair. For monitors and TV's I have mostly just fixed bad Caps but would like to learn more about diagnosing TV's so I can have a higher success rate.

Comment

Hi All,
                        Greetings from Canada. It's winter ... time to repair some electronics.

Comment

Hi everyone from Lisbon Portugal

Comment

Hi all, i am an amateur repair man, mostly just for myself, my wife and 4 young kids. They like to break things and i hate to spend a lot of money on new stuff. plus i enjoy fixing things and new challenges. Thanks for the help even before i get any!

Comment

Hey from Edinburgh!
                              Woohoo!
                              Just setting up my account.

Comment

Hi everyone. Another newbie here. My name is Jimmye. I have 6 children ranging from 31 down to 4. I live in the Texas. (DFW area) I work for AT&T and a cable repairman, phone repairman, internet repairman and also work on T1's. I have been with AT&T for 19 years (April 2019) and I was an automotive mechanic for 9 years previous to AT&T. I am far from an electrician or electronics tech like most of yall but I love tinkering, learning and fixing things. My motto is "I will try 3 times to fix something before paying someone to fix it for me or replace it." I am a firm believer that knowledge is power. I will attempt to work on pretty much anything. I have been searching this forum for about a week now and I will say there is a ton of helpful information and great people on this forum. I also am a forum junkie. Thanks for reading my intro.

Comment

Hi, A&P technician here. Just started playing around with broken tv's. Fixed a few and gaining knowledge

Comment

thanks for having me on this very interesting discussion board
                                    aimnng to learning more about repairs so far my skills have being limited to monkey see monkey do by youtube

Comment

Hi all,

what a great resource this site is! Looking forward to solving some of the various issues i come across in the field of electronics

kind regards,
                                      P

Comment

Assuming this is the right place to post my introduction. Semi-retired electrical engineer for about 40 years. Mainly analog and DSP for communications and control. Started tinkering with flat screen TV's recently. Hope to learn more and eventually contribute.

Thanks,
                                        Mark O.

Comment

Hey there, I'm Mike and work in MacBook, MacMini, PC, Apple Thunderbolt/Cinema repair in the New York area. I subscribed as I have been browsing the board for a way to fix my Vizio e701i-a3 that failed and hope to report back positive results once I follow the pictures and instructions on this board.

Comment

Working...
                                          X