VIZIO 60" E60-C3 Bad Single LED In Each Strip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: VIZIO 60" E60-C3 Bad Single LED In Each Strip

I see on shopjimmy's webpage for the LEDs "ETA 1/24". Maybe the Sad Face is a mistake.
    You might contact them and see if they are getting a new supply. They routinely buy LED sets in big batches. The E60-C3 is really bad for burning out LEDS (I have repaired several of these Vizios). You should definitely try to get a New set.

Comment

This little resistor mod might prevent a callback: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogtfojsIZK8
      Last edited by nomoresonys; 01-23-2019, 03:05 PM.

Comment

Lol, figured it would be something that simple, thanks nomoresonys!

Comment

Had a couple Vizio's that did that with the LED's, finally decided on my own it was from the "Active LED Zone" feature being on.
          They call me......."threadkiller"

Comment

Originally posted by Michale32086 View Post
            This Vizio has a bad single LED in each strip. The picture has the bottom set cut off, but it's the same thing. A single LED does not come on..

Referring to your first post where you highlight the failed LEDs in red rectangles, I'm not surprised to see the failed LEDs are mostly concentrated around the area of the panel where there is no contact with the metal backplate...Most LEDs are able to transfer some heat to the metal back plate, but most are directly over or adjacent to where the back plate is bent where there is nothing but air and the LEDs can't transfer heat away and just cook themselves...

Such bad designs in LG, Samsung, and other cheap LED tvs... Would it seriously kill them to socket each LED for easy removal and testing from the back of the panel without complete panel disassembly?

Ugh...
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Unspun01; 02-04-2019, 03:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X