This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello everyone, my name is Filippo and i'm from Italy. I love electronics and i repair all kind of stuffs ^^

Comment

Thanks for adding me. I found this site while searching for information on an Insignia NS-50LC240A13 LCD TV. I am an electrical engineer by trade and as an applications engineer for a US based analog semiconductor manufacturer. My electronics career started back in the early 1970's by building lots of Heathkits, working in a TV repair shop and working in broadcast stations, initial AM & FM radio stations and later in a TV station. I am an amateur radio operator and enjoy fixing things and restoring older electronic equipment. Hoping to find some service information to help me with the repair of the above mentioned TV and another smaller TV which is waiting in the queue.

Comment

Hello, I am a new member from New Zealand and just joined a few minutes ago.
        My name is Raymond
        A bit about myself. I am a registered electrician, and work in the High Voltage industry for the local power Authority in Auckland, NZ.
        I have been doing electronics for about 48 years since I was about 10 years young.
        It started with a small 7 watt tube amplifier with EL84 tubes, various TTL clocks, transistor amplifiers, reel to reel tape decks.
        I am involved in other forums as well to share and gather knowledge.
        Today I had to repair my sons LCD TV which died EOL, and analyzing the problem between a 3.15 Amp fuse and some mosfets at Q1820 and Q1821. They appear to fail in many TV's by the look of it.
        I started this first post as a brief introduction.
        Will expand more in a new thread.
        Cheers !

Comment

Retro PC enthusiast from Sweden, not a lot of soldering experience but delving into the world of it out of necessity - caps on P4/Barton and older rigs sure don't get better with age! Joined because of a specific project I'm looking for input on, but could see myself lurking around and checking the forums more in the future as well.

Comment

Hello ive been repairing tv's for a couple years now and would like to get into component level repair. Hoping some of the great people here can help me with that.

Comment

Hi, My name is Jim and I’m a techaholic.
              Ever since I was a young boy I have had a keen interest in what is underneath the shiny skins of anything that beeps, buzzes or moves by battery or mains power. I took everything apart to see what made it tick. Yep, even watches. Oh those poor watches.
              Now I’m an old geezer in my sixties and I love the challenge of fixin’ stuff.

I have operated out of my depth pretty much my entire career. Talk about motivation to keep learning! I started out working on telephone answering devices way back when nobody had one in their home. Voicemail was still years away. Next was photocopiers back when the output of an office had to be copied and mailed or couriererd to some distant recipient. Talk about pressure when you are the guy keeping a customer from doing what they must to get paid. That job evolved into early, real early, word processing equipment repair. Next stop, computers. With my degree in the school of hard knocks and many years of experience fixin stuff, I now work in IT for a tech giant in Silicon Valley. What a poser!

Since I am a jack of all trades and master of none, my knowledge may not be that helpful but that doesn’t keep me from sharing what I think I do know. I love to learn new stuff so that’s where you all come in. I hope to glean what I can from this collective brain trust.

Regards,
              JimmiGee

Comment

thanks to Tampatec for pointing me to this forum. My name is Will and I have a couple of Visio PQ65-F1's

Comment

Hello everyone, I'm a repair technician and I'm Italian, I arrived on this forum thanks to a research I was doing. The forum seems well organized I hope to find solutions to "problems". I hope that the written iglese is correct or understandable since I use google translator, as it does not very well chew the language.

Comment

Hello, My name is mauro, I'm a electronic engineer but I work as a software developer, so i do electronics mostly for hobby. I reached this forum while searching some info to fix my Panasonic Plasma TV

Comment

Hi all,
                      My first name is Joe from Malta
                      I am not sure if this is the right place to introduce myself. If not, please do pass this to the rest of the lads.
                      I was a Mechanical Marine Engineer by profession (22 years spend in UK)and now retired. I took up electronics as a hobby about 5 years ago.
                      Lately became more interested on troubleshooting and to further my knowledge on the subject I search the internet and that is how I came across your site.
                      I just hope your site will satisfy the knowledge i am seeking.
                      Kind regards to all
                      Joe

Comment

hello

Comment

Howdy folks. New here, name is Ryan and I'm a PC enthusiast trying to learn more about components and soldering. Been building PCs for 15+ years but never learned how to make components repairs, so trying my hand at learning more!

Comment

Hello to evryone

Comment

Hi everyone glad to be on this site I am a retired television engineer who likes to keep up with the trends in this industry as I am often asked by friends to repair their TVs and some of the weird faults that occur so hopefully you guys may have the answers I'm looking for.

Comment

I take pride in fixing things. Now working on a bum Longevity welder and a Sharp LC-42sb45u with jumping inputs. Hoping to get some solid answers here. Im a snow bird from MI. here in Florida

Comment

My name is punkrockpax, i still learning electronics, mean while i manage my own repair shop downtown monterrey city in mexico, i studied digital animation and multimedia degree in "facultad de ciencias fisico matematicas" in the "universidad autonoma de nuevo leon" where i learn basic electronics in the subject digital circuits, and microprocessor subject aswell, im part also of an latin american electronics comunity called "insane Motherboards" where people share their experiences with devices their fixing, and also studys about reverse engineering to understand how things work and what are the reasons for the issue we are trying to fix, im also new there and still learning.

im wondering to learn and the most i can and be productive for this forum also, sometimes i dont have enough time to post, but ill try my best

Comment

Hi
                                    My name is Alain and love to fix broken things if i have enough information,thats why i'm here.this site seems a good start for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Topcat View Post
                                      A WELCOME to everyone that joins in!!

Peta, ofcourse some advertising would always be helpful to making this a success.... This forum has existed since October 6th 2003, online the first time at about 9:00PM CST. Being a couple days old, atleast there's traffic...

I don't know if this forum will be a huge success or not, I created it out of requests from viewers, so we'll see how many actually join... If it takes off, I'll be tickled pink!! If it flops, I'll simply remove it.

A little about me?!?

HMMM I'll give a little info... I've been in the electronics field since 1991, with experience ranging from TV/VCR repair all the way to industrial electronics for a very large and well known manufacturer. I started in computers in 1994, just for a change and something I thought would be more challenging.... First of all, in the computer field, I AM NOT a number cruncher (programmer) YUK!!!!! I'm a hardware/network guy... I can install any OS, repair and make it work, but sitting and typing code is more boring than watching flies mate!! So I stick to hardware!! I get the 'thrill' from coming up with cures for problems, creative and USEFUL mods (this DOES NOT include neon lights and corny batman windows in my cases)...

Before the VP6 was around, Abit's poster child was the BP6, dual celeron board... Being one of the pioneers to run dual Coppermines in my BP6 was quite a thrill... Then came the VP6, and the dreaded crap cap problem... Thus was born PROJECT:VP6, which is over a year old... It can be viewed at www.kabalsrealm.com/systems/projects/vp6/. That single article ultimately led to badcaps.net and this forum... I was shocked at the publicity it drew...

A little inside info?!?
                                      Well, age?! I'll say late 20's and that's close enough... I enjoy dealing with the computers, all of this is just a hobby these days, so if it did flop, it's no loss... I'm also a car nut... (300ZX!!!)... I also enjoy flying immencely, although, no I don't own an airplane... YET!!! Maybe if I sell off all this computer junk, I could afford one... HEH I own 3 domain names, and host sites for a few friends on this array... Of course they pay me nothing... HMMM Ohh well... Money isn't all... That's about all I think needs to be revealed... If there's something you really need to know about me, ask... The answer all depends on the question you asked...

Anyhow,
                                      Peta, and everyone else that has joined, Welcome to the forums!! Bring some friends with ya!! :roll:

thanks for accepting as one of your members
                                      I'm a filipino residing in cebu philippines
                                      I'm starting with repairing computers and laptops
                                      thanks..........

Comment

Hi all,
                                        i'm Jonathan , i come from Toulouse in France and work in a repair center for mobile phone, computers...
                                        I couldn't write long description because english language is not native for me and i don't want to use translator (i think it's better to do mistakes and understand for next time instead use it) so i'll just describe myself quickly :
                                        I am a big tattoed bear beginner in electronics but I love to learn and understand.
                                        I hope to find my place here and,why not, help some people if possible!
                                        Thank you for your welcoming.
                                        Jonathan

Comment

hi, hello,

i am a beginner, starting to troubleshoot my computer, laptop on my own. i learned to read schematics, some soldering skills. I was here to get help from the genius

Comment

Working...
                                          X