No announcement yet.

Recommendations: Portable laptop/tablet for texas hot auto shop environment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Recommendations: Portable laptop/tablet for texas hot auto shop environment

Originally posted by brethin View Post
    Actually I have 3 of these available, I forgot I had one in my closet, all 3 like new. 2 dockng stations and a port station, 1 external floppy. 2 have widows 10 pro and the other windows 7 ultimate. $400 for it all free shipping.
    I can even toss in 3 more Dells, a D600, a D610 and a D630 all working, for another $75. $475 total.

Comment

... and if you call in the next 10 minutes, we will double the offer. But hurry! Supplies won't last!

... until you realize eBay is flooded with them and going much cheaper. Just saying.

Comment

Originally posted by momaka View Post
        ... and if you call in the next 10 minutes, we will double the offer. But hurry! Supplies won't last!

... until you realize eBay is flooded with them and going much cheaper. Just saying.
        Working M6300's are $100 a pop on ebay and they don't include docking stations, and I have never seen a working D series on eBay for $25, so your talking out your ass. But thanks for the smartass comments🖕

Comment

Ah whoops, my mistake. I re-read your original comment above, and I missed the part that you were offering 3 of these Precison laptops for $400, not one as I mistakenly thought. My apologies.

I thought it was only one for $400 for some reason and just had to call it off.

Comment

Ah whoops, my mistake. I re-read your original comment above, and I missed the part that you were offering 3 of these Precison laptops for $400, not one as I mistakenly thought. My apologies.

Yes readng is hard, speaking is easy.😎

Comment

I think I've actually seen shops sell similar stuff for roughly similar prices too... 300CAD ($230 USD) for a "refurbished" Core Duo (32bit) iMac at a
              "closeout" store in Ontario... really? "Hey look, a cheap Mac! What a deal!"

A fool and his money are easily parted. That said, I still use my Latitude D630 (even with its somewhat anemic 4GB of RAM) for stuff, and it gets the job done... ditto for my Thinkpad T40 (which I've more or less donated to my church; it's dinky 1024x768 screen happens to be resolution matched to the mid 2000's AV system they have). C2D might be old, but it's still usable for a lot of things.
              sigpic

(Insert witty quote here)

Comment

I am putting these 6 laptops on eBay, 3 are M6300 19" and the other 3 are D series 600, 610 and 630. All working and includes 2 Docking Stations a Port Station all are complete and have a OS some are W7 Ulitmate a couple are Windows 10 pro. I hate paying eBay %10 so if our interested let me know I am not looking to. Make a killing I'm would like to see them them get new good homes. $450.00 for the lot and I pay shipping in the 48 states. Someone buy them I hate taking stuff to the recycling center.

Comment

Originally posted by Topcat View Post
                  They're a Core2 platform, up to 8gb ram
                  The problem with DDR2 is, that 8 GB may be unstable, even at factory frequencies and latencies, without bumping the VDIMM to 1.90 V.
                  ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

sorry I forgot to get back to you. They decided on a refurbished Panasonic toughpad
                    Cap Datasheet Depot: http://www.paullinebarger.net/DS/
                    ^If you have datasheets not listed PM me

Comment

Originally posted by Uranium-235 View Post
                      sorry I forgot to get back to you. They decided on a refurbished Panasonic toughpad
                      Sounds like a winner.
                      sigpic

(Insert witty quote here)

Comment

Originally posted by Uranium-235 View Post
                        Not a problem, thought you needed more than 1. Those are ruggedized machines.

Comment

Originally posted by RJARRRPCGP View Post
                          The problem with DDR2 is, that 8 GB may be unstable, even at factory frequencies and latencies, without bumping the VDIMM to 1.90 V.
                          sold dozens of these (m6300) with 8gb + SSD. I've never had one come back, or gotten any complaints of instability.
                          <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Motherboard Repair Services

----------------------------------------------
                          Badcaps.net Forum Members Folding Team
                          http://folding.stanford.edu/
                          Team : 49813
                          Join in!!
                          Team Stats

Comment

Originally posted by RJARRRPCGP View Post
                            Like TC, I've never seen that problem either. If the PC supported that amount of RAM, it always worked.

If anything, I've only seen you complain of so many BSODs and instability issues.
                            I'm starting to think perhaps you used questionable HDDs.
                            I personally have seen what a bad (slowly dying) HDD can cause to a PC - all kinds of BSODs and unexpected crashes. Can be hard to diagnose sometimes too, as there may not be any SMART errors (or very subtle ones). In those cases, it's not until the HDD finally craps out that you realize, oh, so that was the problem!.
                            Last edited by momaka; 07-16-2018, 06:41 PM.

Comment

I currently use one of these M6300 with 8GB ram and a new 250+ SSD drive and it holds it's own compared to newer stuff for general purpose use. Even does a few games ok with the better Quattro card it has.

Comment

Working...
                              X