Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MacBook Pro A1708 won’t install the MacOS Sierra

Hello guys

I'm struggling to install MacOS Sierra on the MacBook Pro A1708 , type -c .
    It giving me an error massage saying “you must plug in and connect your macOS Sierra power adapter before installing”.
    The battery is installed, brand new battery but doesn't charge, i was using an adapter. Im stuck I can't use this MacBook now anymore , I formatted the Ssd , can't do a thing. Is there a way to skip battery checkup or ac check up using Terminal or something please help guys…

I did the Smc reset and Pram and all other things

Re: MacBook Pro A1708 won't install the MacOS Sierra

Stolen from another site " happy to link if required "

I have finally gotten around this without battery replacement (will do another time, not an option right now):

Use Disk Utility to create a second partition
    Make the second partition a bootable installer
    follow these instructions http://osxdaily.com/2018/09/29/downl...ave-installer/ to download a full installer
    run a command similar to this (***adapt paths for your install!!!**) sudo ~/Downloads/Install\ macOS\ Mojave.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/Mojave to turn the new partition (/Volumes/Mojave) into a boot disk
    Restart the computer while holding 'ALT'-key to choose the start volume
    Chose the new volume with the installer
    Follow the usual steps to install the OS. It did not prompt about power connection.
    failing that try target disk mode or install on a another known good 1708 then swap drives back.

Comment

Originally posted by rotceh_dnih View Post
      Stolen from another site " happy to link if required "

failing that try target disk mode or install on a another known good 1708 then swap drives back.
      Thank you so much my brother, I'm gonna update you

Comment

A1708 is USB C, so you need an appropriate charger before it will charge (like 85W). Use a USB-C ammeter to check PD negotiation to 20V etc. BTW, the only batteries I trust these days for MAC's are ones directly from Apple or used originals. Most 3rd party batteries are absolute garbage and either faulty out of the box or fail prematurely.

Comment

Thank you so much guys, i managed to fix it, it doesnt boot via usb, so i had to use online recovery. I disconnected the battery and worked just fine...Thank you so much guys

Comment

Working...
          X