LG Sound Bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LG Sound Bar

I have an LG sound bar, model LAS751M just over 3 years old that just stopped working. When I power it up, it stays on "Please Wait" and eventually turns itself off. I can turn the volume up and down and it indicates on the display, but there is no sound at all. It also won't pair with it's wireless sub woofer. I even tried downloading the firmware update to a USB drive, but being stuck on the "Please Wait", it won't even recognize it. I also tried holding the Add + button down to initiate a factory reset, but there is no response. And one final observation, when it's stuck on "Please Wait", I can power it off with the remote, but not the power button on the sound bar. I've seen a few posts about this online and it seems to be a common problem. But before I junk it and buy a new one, I was wondering if anyone has ever figured out a fix for this problem? It's most likely shot, like a phone that gets "bricked", but like they say, it doesn't hurt to ask. Thanks for your time.

Re: LG Sound Bar

Might be worth popping the top off and having a peek inside...
    Khron's Cave - Electronics - Audio - Teardowns - Mods - Repairs - Projects - Music - Rants - Shenanigans

Comment

folk round these parts like to see nice high res in focus pictures to look for clues .

Comment

Hi guys, I have same issue with LG SJ8 sound bar. It's not connect with subwoofer speaker and message on display "Please wait". I will back with picture from inside, boards.

Comment

I was lucky to find one exactly like mine on Ebay for only $32 including shipping. Working, but not in very good cosmetic shape, and the bluetooth only had about a 6' range. And I was curious to see what part was bad causing the please wait message. I didn't know if it was just waiting for communication from one of the wireless modules (There's 3 of them in there) or the main board or the amp board. The problem turned out to be the main board. And with the original Bluetooth module from my unit, the range is good for at least 25'. So that's what I'd recommend, if you can find the same model on Ebay cheap for spare boards to swap, that would be the most cost-efficient solution.

Comment

Main board
            Attached Files

Comment

Hi guys, I made few test on mainboard and I found wireless card is not powered, 3.5V is missing on pin1 connector.
              Just I wonder if is firmware corrupt
              Attached Files

Comment

I guess that's a possibility. As a test, in the mean time, you could try soldering a 10k (or so) resistor between the 5V input and that enable pin, and see if that 3.5V output comes up.
                Khron's Cave - Electronics - Audio - Teardowns - Mods - Repairs - Projects - Music - Rants - Shenanigans

Comment

O yes, I forget to mention that aspect, I applied 5V to that pin and on output pin appeared 3.5V . Nothing is changed on display, same message "Please wait", and tried to find wireless network on my phone, doesn't appear.

Comment

Then a software / firmware issue is indeed that much more likely.

Comment

Has anyone firmware for this device ?

Comment

Working...
                      X