View Single Post
Old 09-09-2018, 02:44 AM   #17
BGUERBET

City & State: PARIS
My Country: FRANCE
Line Voltage: 240VAC 50Hz
I'm a: Knowledge Seeker
Default Re: Cap. plague in Minolta DiMAGE Scan Elite 5400?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariushm View Post
aic1563 is a dc-dc converter chip, see http://www.analog.com.tw/ImgShow/DS-1563G-01.pdf
check example circuits in datasheet and compare your parts with circuit.i have hunch it may be input capacitor for the chip... if so this cap must meet some minimum specs like max esr, ripple etc and a 100uf polymer or tantalum is probably meeting those but an 100uf electrolytic capacitor would not, so i guess they probably went with whatever capacitance and voltage rating combo they could fit and meet the requirements.
my guess is 50v rated, 330uf or something like that... though kinda small for such big values. 0G is also code for 4v voltage rating on small caps but usually theres at least a space before or code is by itself on a line... it would be easier to just desolder and measure.

remove that brown "glue" wherever you see it, it's not supposed to be brown. that material had bad chemical formula, as it ages it goes bad and becomes conductive and can short traces and contacts under itself
The brown run is neoprene glue that is next to the winding of a self ... But anyway, the capacitor is dead ... Thank you for your comments ... Bertrand
BGUERBET is offline   Reply With Quote