Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

System dead - ATP3 - Altec Lansing Computer Speak System with subwoofer

Model: ATP3

Issue: The system doesn't respond. As in ... totally dead.

The sound of the system was great for my use, so I'll try to fix it.

There's no visual indication of problems on the components. No smells or sound either.

I've measured the transformer and apparently there's a broken primary coil in the transformer. ( Resistance above 1990 khms. )

Do you agree, it's broken?
    How do I go about buying a new one?

Re: System dead - ATP3 - Altec Lansing Computer Speak System with subwoofer

I'm sorry for not getting the photo link in the first post. Don't know what happened.

The sticker label says:

TEN PAO Model no.:TG51219F0
    Input: AC 230V/50Hz
    Output: AC 12.5V/2.5A

So I guess I'll be getting one of those.

Comment

Originally posted by gretter74 View Post
      I'm sorry for not getting the photo link in the first post. Don't know what happened.

The sticker label says:

TEN PAO Model no.:TG51219F0
      Input: AC 230V/50Hz
      Output: AC 12.5V/2.5A

So I guess I'll be getting one of those.

some said that if you need to change, consider a good toroidal transformer as a replacement.

and i think there is multiple voltage on the transformer iirc

Comment

you still didnt upload any pictures.

Comment

The purpose of this post is to test if either I'm a fool for forgetting the image or there's something wrong with my image link...

Edit: ok, that didn't work, so my links are broken.. trying again.
          That's better.
          Last edited by gretter74; 08-29-2017, 04:38 AM.

Comment

no it's not.
            images must be uploaded here because other hosts wont link properly.
            you see it because they put a cookie on your browser.

Comment

Originally posted by gretter74 View Post
              I've measured the transformer and apparently there's a broken primary coil in the transformer. ( Resistance above 1990 khms.
              Make sure you check the amp and power supply diodes for shorts. Those transformers typically have thermal fuses for UL (or equivalent NRTL in your country) listing.

Don't put a transformer in there w/o a thermal fuse unless you really know what you're doing! The amp PCB may or may not have fuses, need pix to determine this.

Another thing that commonly opens thermal fuses in those transformers is overvoltage on the AC line, such as when the local 416Y/240V network looses the neutral somewhere before the transformer, putting more than the nominal 240V into your service. Light bulbs get really bright.
              "pokemon go... to hell!"

EOL it...
              Originally posted by shango066
              All style and no substance.
              Originally posted by smashstuff30
              guilty,guilty,guilty,guilty!
              guilty of being cheap-made!

Comment

^ Yes, Yes they do!
                Things I've fixed: anything from semis to crappy Chinese $2 radios, and now an IoT Dildo....

"Dude, this is Wyoming, i hopped on and sent 'er. No fucking around." -- Me

Excuse me while i do something dangerous

You must have a sad, sad boring life if you hate on people harmlessly enjoying life with an animal costume.

Sometimes you need to break shit to fix it.... Thats why my lawnmower doesn't have a deadman switch or engine brake anymore

Follow the white rabbit.

Comment

Working...
                X