Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

4 Blinks Panasonic TC-P50G20 Help to target the problem.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4 Blinks Panasonic TC-P50G20 Help to target the problem.

Hello everyone, I have a panasonic tc-p50g20. There was some flash of electricity and after this event the TV began to flash 10 shots. However, when I press the power button after the relay clique when reconnecting the TV, it flashes 4 shots. So I followed the troubleshooting guide for the 4 blinks. The last test gives 3.3 volts on pin 9 of connector P7. Subsequently, he tells me to change the P-Board.I would like some help in targeting the problem component on the P-Board. By the way, The VSUS and P15 is dead. By cons, I did the different test the Short for VSUS VDA and P15. No results below 1kohm.Thank you for your help.Jeff

Re: 4 Blinks Panasonic TC-P50G20 Help to target the problem.

Unplug the tv and wait 10 minutes. Unplug the connector going from the power supply to the SC board. Plug tv back in, turn on and see if you get 7 blinks. If you do, the SC board is bad. They are very hard to find. You must also check the upper and lower buffer boards.

Comment

Originally posted by tvtimmy View Post
      Unplug the tv and wait 10 minutes. Unplug the connector going from the power supply to the SC board. Plug tv back in, turn on and see if you get 7 blinks. If you do, the SC board is bad. They are very hard to find. You must also check the upper and lower buffer boards.
      What the name of the lower and upper buffer boards ?

I will do some test tomorrow. I will come back with the result ?

Thanks again

Comment

Sens a pic of the whole backside of your tv, showing all the boards.

Comment

Sens a pic of the whole backside of your tv, showing all the boards.
          How I post a picture ?

I can't upload file...

Comment

Do these steps in order.
            Attached Files

Comment

Ok here the back of the tv
              Attached Files

Comment

if I do that the voltage will go up to near 200 volts… Is not Dangerous to blown an other board ?

Comment

Do the test and see if the blink code changes. Only run it like that for 1 minute!

Comment

So I disconnect P2 and SC20(tape cable)?

Comment

I'm not at home right now, but I did all the short circuit tests that were negative. I also did the test attached and it came to the conclusion that it was the Power Supply Board since I had 3 volts on the pin 9 of P7 connector l. If it helps to draw a conclusion. I also ordered a rebuild kit for the P Board from Shop Jimmy. Thank you for your help again! For Now I change the IC201(resonance control) & IC202(Comparator) both thing hard to test. So here I am right now.
                      Attached Files

Comment

I suspect some component that handles P15V
                        So the D351 (VDFMEN210A)
                        Q355 (2SJ651)

Both are hard to find and both cost $35 & $43 from Panasonic.

Do you know where can I buy for a cheap price ?

Thanks

Comment

Do the test and see if the blink code changes. Only run it like that for 1 minute!
                          OK I do the test and the code change for 7 blinks... So you are sure if I change the SC board the T.V gonna work again. This board is expensive and hard to find.

I change lot of part like I said on the P board always the same 4 Blinks.

Should I do some short test on the SC board to be sure ?

Thank you for your help.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Where is the lower and upper board ?

Comment

Somebody already buy this repair kit for SC board from Panasonic?
                              https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F264068812631

Comment

Upper and lower buffer boards.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Is it hard to repair the SC board or if it's normally a bunch of IGBT shorted ?

Comment

This model is VERY difficult to repair.

Comment

Here again if I follow the procedure for 7 blinks and because I don't have short and 3 volts on pin 9 of P7, procedure tell me to change the P-Board again... Don't know what to do.
                                      Attached Files

Comment

It is DEFINITELY a bad sc board. Do some testing on the IBGTs and you will find some shorted ones. There are repair kits that have up to 100 or so components to change. If you miss anything, that board goes up in smoke again. Way too hard for me to attempt a repair on that sc board.

Comment

Working...
                                        X