Netflix VR dropping back to Who's Watching

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Netflix VR dropping back to Who's Watching

I had problems where Netflix VR randomly drops back to the "Who's Watching?" screen without an error message, and I happened to catch a network error message when I tried to sign in at one time, which meant it was not related to overheating but a problem with the network.
    The network problem was traced to roaming between two associated wireless networks during streaming resulting in a dropout when transitioning between wireless networks, so I removed an associated wireless network from my device and the problem was fixed.

Still wondering why Netflix VR does not give an error message when the network drops out...
    My first choice in quality Japanese electrolytics is Nippon Chemi-Con, which has been in business since 1931... the quality of electronics is dependent on the quality of the electrolytics.

Re: Netflix VR dropping back to Who's Watching

Originally posted by japlytic View Post
    I had problems where Netflix VR randomly drops back to the "Who's Watching?" screen without an error message, and I happened to catch a network error message when I tried to sign in at one time, which meant it was not related to overheating but a problem with the network.
    The network problem was traced to roaming between two associated wireless networks during streaming resulting in a dropout when transitioning between wireless networks, so I removed an associated wireless network from my device and the problem was fixed.

Still wondering why Netflix VR does not give an error message when the network drops out...
    IIRC, LOL, reminds me of some PC programs that use the loopback network interface for one portion to talk to another (literally 127.0.0.1, IIRC) and if there's a problem connecting to 127.0.0.1, IIRC, it will just keep bouncing back to the loading screen, IIRC.

Racer (racer.nl) is one of those, IIRC.
    ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

Working...
    X