This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi just getting into trying to fix a plasma tv i have bought seems like the perfect place to learn

Comment

Hey Guys;

Old guy here. Been playing with computers since the PDP 11/70 and Altair/IMSAI brands were king! Now I am just a hobbyist who burns himself with the soldering iron cause I don't get to play with it that often

Found this site in an attempt to find a repair for my 2.5 YO LG Plasma. Sheesh, these things are supposed to last more than that, right!??!?

Hope to meet some cool peeps here. Seems like a good group o guys. Happy belated Halloween.

Comment

He'll I joined looking for help with my monitor. Converting cclf backlight to led backlight.i am 45 and 100% Sicilian but born in Chicago IL. I now live in worth IL. hello nice to meet all the people on this forum. Have a great day.

Comment

hello..I am new to the site and hoping to gain some knowledge

Comment

Hi there,

I'm new to this forum, but found this site to be immensely helpful with
            all the various info on caps and such, so I also wanted to join the community.
            I'm still a newbie at electronics repair, but have a great interest, so hope
            I can pick up some new knowledge and skills.

Thanks!

Comment

Hey,
              Just signed up to try and troubleshoot my Samsung 50" plasma with non pic

Thx

Comment

Greetings,

Another new member here. I'm having trouble with a Sony Bravia KDL-46Z4100 and my web searches brought me here. Looks like a good place. I'll start with the technical references and go from there. I've got the back off the TV and I've looked around.

Cheers,

Lee

Comment

Hi Everyone,

I am joining this forum to learn how to repair some electronics stuff to extend their life.

Thank you very much for this forum!

John

Comment

Well a little bit about myself, I guess.
                    First of all English is no longer my main languge, so sorry about the typo and grammer mistakes.
                    Came across here from Google, found lots of info here, and being a noob (well i'm still an undregraduate in EE), and wanting to know more, and eventally teach others, i became a member.

Comment

Hello,

I`m from Estonia (the Baltic states, Eastern Europe). Amateur in the fields of electronics.
                      Although I first held soldering iron half of my life back, I don`t consider my experience as long as that. First jobs were probably smth like earphones 3.5 mm jacks, which resulted in good feeling of DIY but no decent sound quality or any long endurance after repair.
                      About 6-8 years ago I started to deepen into right techniques; tools; chemicals etc. Still fresh on circuit boards and SMD components.

As electronics is one of my numerous interests/hobbies, I am not “the guy who is soldering every weekend”.

It takes some time and proven necessity for me to go through account sign ups with whatever communities & forums. Badcaps.net came up many times while I was meeting new issues. Expect me to read & gain know-how here rather than speak along & teach.

Thanks for having me!

Comment

Hi,
                        I am based in Lancashire England and just stumbled across the forum while trying to fix an intermittent fault on an otherwise beautiful Syncmaster220HD. I am a good solderer but struggle at component level if the item has no visible faults - so I am seeking some expertise on this forum and I have seen loads of that when reading the great posts. Just wish I could find one that relates to my problem.
                        Hopefully I will be allowed to start a thread after this post?

Comment

This will probably give my age away.
                          My first computer had 286 processor, 40 MB drive, 1MB memory, and 3-1/2"
                          720kb single density floppy.

Found this site through Google while trying to repair an Acer P191W monitor.

Comment

Please tell me how to introduce myself. I can't figure out how to do it.
                            Thanks...Richard

Comment

How did you introduce yourself? I can't figure it out.
                              Thanks...Richard

Comment

Hello!

I live in the Southeast region of Sweden. I found this forum while trying to fix a pair of Syncmaster 191T. I hope I can find information that relates to my problem.

Comment

Hello, I grew up with my dad being a TV repairman. I followed him around all day and soon enough, I had my own work bench next to his in the basement. We fixed TV's way back in the day.. back when everyone knew what a 6GH8 and a 3HQ5 was!
                                  Now I work at a major Semiconductor factory.
                                  I grab tv's at the dump whenever I can. I have 8 flatscreens that I have saved to date. I take pride in the fact that I have never bought a laptop or flatscreen tv ( I got them at the dump for free and fixed them for next to nothing!) This is a great site, I look forward to reading as many posts as I can!
                                  Thanks Guys!

Comment

Joined today trying to find out how to fix a HDTV with a white screen. "65cudaman" is for a 1965 Plymouth Barracuda I am lucky enough to own. Thanks!

Comment

hello finally managed to get past the spam control, could not have the email or username of my choice for some reason.

Comment

Hi, everyone! Just came here looking for answers for my husband as to how to possibly fix our plasma tv. Thought I'd join in case I have specific questions that might need answering.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.
                                        =0)

Comment

high my name is bear joined to find info on motor control for paper shredder

Comment

Working...
                                          X