Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sceptre X32GV-Komodo Startup Problem

Hi everyone,

I am working on this TV/Monitor. I have a no start up condition. I suspected problems with the power board. When I pulled it out I found 4 capacitors had been replaced. They were not even soldered in correctly. I soldered them up but still have a problem. I can here a steady clicking from the power board and no picture.

I found out from the guy that owns the unit, that his girlfriends son had replaced the capacitors. Unfortunately he knows nothing about this stuff. We suspect he just pulled some other capacitors out of another circuit board and half ass soldered them in. So I have no way of knowing what the original specs of these 4 caps were. I suspect the ones he put it are not the correct voltage/uF.

I am hoping that someone might have a schematic or perhaps the same unit. I need to figure out what caps should be where he replaced them. Here are the circuit board numbers of the caps he replaced and the specs of the caps he put it. Thanks to all for your support...

CS106 - 35V 330uF
    CS110 - 50V 470uf
    CS117 - 25V 470uF
    CS206 - 50V 220uF

Re: Sceptre X32GV-Komodo Startup Problem

Can anyone help me with this? Thanks...

Comment

Not sure if you still need this, but here's what I have. I'm currently working on a Sceptre X32BV-NAGA. Might be a similar power board. The model # on mine is FSP225-6M01. I'm attaching a pic for reference.

The original capacitors on my board at those locations are:

CS106 - CapXon (KF series) 35V 330uF
      CS110 - OST (RLS series) 35V 1500uF
      CS117 - TEAPO (SY series) 25V 820uF
      CS206 - CapXon (KF series) 10V 470uF

Fwiw, my board had bulging capacitors at CS117, CS118, and CS206. However, after replacing them I'm still getting the clicking sound at power on.
      Attached Files

Comment

Here's a better photo...
        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
        X