Samsung Syncmaster 245BW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Samsung Syncmaster 245BW

No luck on the caps, changed them and still no 24v or 5.3v. I'm heading to bed. Thanks and Happy Easter if you celebrate it.

Comment

Originally posted by stewart710
      No luck on the caps, changed them and still no 24v or 5.3v. I'm heading to bed. Thanks and Happy Easter if you celebrate it.
      Ah, yes, Easter. That occasion where Christians in America celebrate The Miracle of the Resurrection by searching for multi-colored eggs laid by a rabbit, then eating ham and pink marshmallow shaped like chicks. And they called the Incas barbarians.

PlainBill
      For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Originally posted by PlainBill
        Ah, yes, Easter. That occasion where Christians in America celebrate The Miracle of the Resurrection by searching for multi-colored eggs laid by a rabbit, then eating ham and pink marshmallow shaped like chicks. And they called the Incas barbarians.

PlainBill
        ROFL!!!!
        36 Monitors, 3 TVs, 4 Laptops, 1 motherboard, 1 Printer, 1 iMac, 2 hard drive docks and one IP Phone repaired so far....

Comment

Careful, don't offend the Bunny Gods!

Comment

easter bunny?
            its dead!
            Attached Files

Comment

Oops.
              For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

So I think this is the data sheet for the part you were asking about:
                http://monitor.espec.ws/download.php?id=34357

It's mentioned in here too:

and:

It seems to be marketed under the name M-Power2 and is made by Fuji Electrics.
                Last edited by stewart710; 04-04-2010, 07:37 PM.

Comment

Found this too
                  Attached Files

Comment

Found this too
                    That looks like the power supply controller. I'll have to absorb the details and figure out what points to test.

PlainBill

Comment

Do you think maybe I should just bite the bullet and order all new caps for the power supply side?

Comment

Do you think maybe I should just bite the bullet and order all new caps for the power supply side?
                        Not yet. I've been busy and haven't gotten a handle on the workings of the SMPS controller. First we take a few voltage readings to make sure it's getting the proper voltages.

PlainBill

Comment

No problem take your time, my wife would rather see me working on the yard right now rather than tinkering in the basement anyways. Thanks again.

Comment

It's funny the other 245BW thread has two people with completely different boards inside, but similar problems. What is Samsung doing?

Comment

Hey, new member here (and impressed at the level of experience other members here possess). Noob at this sort of thing, but able to figure things out when needed. I've got the same exact problem as the OP. Would love for others to post if they've had any new progress since the last few posts.

Many thanks!

Comment

Hello to all you guys !!
                                Me to trying to find the solution on same monitor, samsung syncmaster 245b. Simptoms are the same like yours here. When try to power on, only blue led on the on button lit blue. Monitor dont start, inverter dont start, but there is a 5.2v standby power. This is the only voltage from power supply. No 24v or 5.3v, Found burned resistor RB805 68ohm. All caps ok, tested with esr tester, and tested for capacity. Tested all other resistor, all found ok. When testing for voltages on vcc pin on ice3B0365J found strange voltage, 11v-16v dc fast changing values, testing for ac was 30v-35v on the same pin (. Tested diodes for vcc pin power and found all ok, then try to change this two diodes with similar, and again nothing, same strange and not stable voltages on vcc pin. Other two integrated circuit are without any power supply. Tested optoisolators , and all seams good. Tested all other diodes and rectifyers, and everithing seams ok, but power supply just dont start. So for now, only one resistor burned, and changed. Ordered new ice3b0365J for 5 euros and maybe in 2-3 days will arive. I dont know if this will fix the supply but i will try this solution, and if you didnt solve the bug on this monitor, and dont have any sugestion or news on your problem, wil change the ic and see if this was the reason for dead supply. Any sugestion or help is greatly apricieted.

Comment

I never made it any farther than you see in the thread. the monitor is still sitting apart in my basement. I was beginning to think about getting rid of it. Sounds like you've gotten a lot deeper into this than I have. I'd be interested to hear how you make out changing the IC. Please keep me posted.

Comment

This is the photo made from you, i only marked burned resistor.
                                    Attached Files

Comment

My resistor appears fine, reads 67.4 ohms

Comment

Did you test the ics for supply voltage?? Try to test to see how is your voltages on the chip. On your picture i will mark test point for dc power supply on this chip, try to test ac voltage on the same test point. Let see how is yours reading .
                                        Attached Files

Comment

I'll check those voltages and get back to you.

Comment

Working...
                                          X