Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dell DPS 1200MB A pinout

Hello
    I have this power source to repair, but don´t know the pinout to get it ON.
    Somebody can help?
    Thank you.

Attached Files

Re: Dell DPS 1200MB A pinout

Check the voltage on the pins on the left side relative to ground.
    One of them should have about 12V with the PSU plugged in. This is likely the 12V Standby (+12Vsb) rail.
    And if this PSU uses active-low line for the PS-ON signal, then another of those small pins should show about 3-5V on it. If so, connect this pin to ground (via 100-1000 Ohm resistor, just to be safe) and the PSU should turn On.

But since I don't have this PSU and I am not 100% familiar with it, I suggest making a diagram to show which pin shows what voltage when the PSU is plugged into the wall. Then post the diagram here.

On that note, please use the forum's built-in image attachment function, so images don't get lost over time.

Comment

Thank you
      I send 2 fotos position down and the voltages on the two sides.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by fpsousa; 01-21-2022, 04:52 AM.

Comment

another photo side down.
        Attached Files

Comment

Photo from the Internet.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by lotas; 01-21-2022, 06:10 AM.

Comment

That's a Delta Products CRPS type power supply (CRPS = Common Redundant Power Supply). Here is a pin-out chart:

Pins B24 and B25 are "NC" on a Delta webpage print-out I have. Pins B19 and B20 are SMB address pins that use 3.3V logic levels. Grounding pin A21 should enable the power supply.
            PeteS in CA

Power Supplies should be boring: No loud noises, no bright flashes, and no bad smells.
            To kill personal responsibility, initiative or success, punish it by taxing it. To encourage irresponsibility, improvidence, dependence and failure, reward it by subsidizing it.

Comment

Originally posted by lotas View Post
              Photo from the Internet.
              Thank you for the help.
              I´ve put a resistor of 220 Ohms betwin these 3 pins and the psu goes ON.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by fpsousa; 01-23-2022, 06:49 AM.

Comment

Hello everyone! First of all I would like to thank you for the useful information that you are posting regarding the DPS 1200MB.
                I have the same model and I managed to start with an output of 12V. I need to increase it to 14V and I am asking for your help if any one can help me with pictures or an advice.
                Thank you in advance!

Comment

Quick question on this topic, is anybody ever tried to run these 110V instead 220?
                  I have few of those and would like to use them with my Lipo Chargers, they output significant current which is perfect for high output chargers.

Only issue is they only works 220v, I couldn't find the schematics to further investigate this though. Thank you.

Comment

The P/S is rated for 200-277 VAC. Since modern server-grade power supplies are typically controlled by microcontrollers, you might or might not get 12VSB, and the main 12V may be kept disabled due to the low-line condition.
                    PeteS in CA

Power Supplies should be boring: No loud noises, no bright flashes, and no bad smells.
                    To kill personal responsibility, initiative or success, punish it by taxing it. To encourage irresponsibility, improvidence, dependence and failure, reward it by subsidizing it.

Comment

Working...
                    X