• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Greetings - old tech new to this world of LED TV's

Comment

It aggravates me that none of the SMPS makers and manufactures of LCD TV's supply any schematics

Comment

hello! looking forward to contributing my ideas here. I am just fresh from college. electronic major and I am open to learning new tech.

Comment

Hi, I'm from Australia. Searched the net for ways to help repair my tv and came across this place which seems full of usefull info and people to share their knowledge. So Thanks for that.

Comment

Hello everybody, my name is Richard. I live in South Africa 150km from Cape Town on the West Coast in a town called Langebaan. I love my electronic and have been doing it for some 40 odd years. I try and help out the local community by repairing there broken electronic toys. Like TV`s and washing machines etc. I do it as a sideline as i have a full time job making steel.
            I am new to this and would like to hear from others who also have problems with these flat screen TV`s
            Regards
            Richard

Comment

My first question of the day. Anybody got any info on an LG 42LF20FR TV. i cannot get it to run up. There is no led coming up on the front. All the voltages are correct from the power supply. 5.1 volts / 12 volts / 20 volts. The power on from the main board is giving out 5.1 volts. This has got me baffled? Would appreciate some help.

Comment

hi i'm ej from the philippines, and I need help to repair my psu of my TV and Monitor as well as feeding my mind in eletronics world.

Comment

Greetings to all.
                  Newbie here..interested in troubleshooting various electronic-products.

Comment

Well, hello, badcaps.
                    I've actually used information from this site to fix a couple LCDs, and now I'm hooked. I love getting these things on the cheap, and keeping them out of the dump. Also, it makes my brother jealous when I get a new tv for $40.
                    I would like to take this hobby to the next level of diagnosis, but don't know where to go to find board properties such as nominal voltage values.
                    I also currently have a vizio with a failed backlight I'm hoping to find a little guidance on prior to ordering components.

I look forward to talking with you nerds.

Comment

Hello everyone, I write from Italy (near Venice). I am a technician for 30 years repairing PC, TV and hifi audio. I think that the exchange of our knowledge is a great incentive for our work or our hobbies.
                      Sorry for my "innacurate" English.

Maurizio

Comment

Hello All, I live in Glenwood,Maryland. I was in the Air Force from 1965 to 1988, starting as a Computer Technician and retired as a Master Sergeant. Then I went to work at the Associated Press in their Technology Department. I am also a Board Member in the First Corvette Club on the planet, Corvette Club of America. I fix damn near everything, just ask my wife. My Corvettes and my Chevelle, plumbing, wallboard, electrical, computers, printers, fans, chain saws, you get the idea. I have a Sony KDL-46XBR2 that lost it's picture, so I'm working on it and looking for the "Training Manual". I replaced the G1 Power Supply board,didn't fix it. Found out about a fuse on the T-CON board, tried to remove the heat sink and find I need more information. Steep learning curve. Searched the Internet and found you all. So here I am. My nickname is Van

Comment

Greetings from Boston. Joined as I had a Hanns G monitor to troubleshoot. I troubleshoot a few monitors as people in my building toss them all the time. Most work with cap replacements.

Anywho, thanks to the creators of this site. Its been very helpful.

Dave H.

Comment

Hello All,
                            I'm from the UK, from a city that is also in the US. My name is Les (Leszek in Polish because I come from Poland). I am happy to meet new friends who like eclectronics and computers like that.

Comment

Hi All,
                              Its Dee from south of Sweden. So far the forum looks very nice

Comment

I all, working on my 3rd set, coming to you from San Diego California

Comment

Hi all,

I live in the UK and have been actively interested in electronics and computers for more decades than I wish to admit to!

I have repaired most electronic things but enjoy updated/upgrading audio equipment the most.

Happy to have a go at just about anything to save it from the dump!

Comment

Hey,

Newbie here to learn (hopefully) allot about the laptop mainboard and how to check it with multimeter and check for errors. Also, solder the badcaps or other things that don't work after finding them and bring back life in the laptops.

Hope you girls and guys can help me out!

Thankx!

Comment

Hello everyone,

I'm Dan and i'm from Bucharest,Romania.
                                      I joined this forum finded on google because i have an issue with my acer aspire E1-571g.
                                      I'm not the best in electronics but i'll do my best to try to fix my problem with your help.
                                      In case i manage it, i'll help anyone who thinks i can help him.

Thank you all in advance

Comment

hi, my name is Paul, i'm from Belfast, N-Ireland
                                        i've just got back into tv servicing after a 6 year break, due to moving over to the pc/laptop repair side of things, before the break i was fixing tv's since i was 15, errmm i'm 46 now, minus 6 year break that makes 25 years in the tv repair business.
                                        How long will i stick with the tvs again...god know's lol.

Comment

Hello all, new member to bad caps. My name is Chuck and I currently reside in NoCO. I am recently retired and the wife is taking full advantage of me!!! Ha-Ha.
                                          So far, I have had a blessed life. Good wife, one son, two German Shepherds and two cats. No daughter-in law or grand-kids (that I know about). Just a broken TV.
                                          I also repair antique clocks as my next career.
                                          The reason I found you is I am experiencing some Sharp Aquous issues. I have an LC-60EQ10U that after about 2- 3 minutes of being powered on, it will go from a perfect picture to a picture with horizontal lines and "Jimi Hendrix" colors.
                                          Anyway, a quick shout out to all and glad to be here!!
                                          Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                          X