• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TP401M resistor

Hello
    I have Asus TP401M notebook.
    MB model TP401MA REV. 2.0
    Notebook was water damaged and one resistor is bad. See in picture.

Can someone tell me what is resistor value?
    Attached Files

Re: TP401M resistor

That looks like a nasty scrape to the right in your pic; Did you ever find any info on microfarad and volt or a schematic or parts to replace? I have a TP401MA that won't boot off AC cord, battery is dead and it won't charge. I found a whole bunch of the brown capacitors beside your red mark - that when tested with a multi-meter errors on both sides, indicating a short; I've spent like a day trying to find schematics or a replacement motherboard ( 60nb0iv0-mb2000 (202) ) to get parts off of or swap it out all together.

Comment

All I can offer is the ic looks like a custom Richtek ATK1602GQW

Comment

Originally posted by R_J View Post
        All I can offer is the ic looks like a custom Richtek ATK1602GQW
        7ak7 WASN'T asking about the IC chip, in his pic he boxed in red the area where he already removed a small black "resistor" or a capacitor like the one on the other side of the bigger brown one, beside where he marked off.

Comment

Originally posted by Eric D View Post
          7ak7 WASN'T asking about the IC chip, in his pic he boxed in red the area where he already removed a small black "resistor" or a capacitor like the one on the other side of the bigger brown one, beside where he marked off.
          First, 7ak7 and you asked for Help, didn't you? So a little more respect Please!

Second, knowledge of the IC connected to the Resistor is Very useful. Unfortunately i can't find any Datasheet, but with this knowledge Maybe Someone can compare what is usually connected on PIN13.

Third, you have the Same Board? Why are you Not helping?! Grab your Multimeter, Put the probes in Ohms Mode On the resistor connected in Pin13 and Tell the value.

Fourth, you have a issue with your Laptop? Start a Thread with much as possible helpful History and measurements, so we are able to Help you.

Thank you for assistance!
          Last edited by Sephir0th; 01-14-2021, 01:02 AM.
          FairRepair on YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by Sephir0th View Post
            First, 7ak7 and you asked for Help, didn't you? So a little more respect Please!

Second, knowledge of the IC connected to the Resistor is Very useful. Unfortunately i can't find any Datasheet, but with this knowledge Maybe Someone can compare what is usually connected on PIN13.

Third, you have the Same Board? Why are you Not helping?! Grab your Multimeter, Put the probes in Ohms Mode On the resistor connected in Pin13 and Tell the value.

Fourth, you have a issue with your Laptop? Start a Thread with much as possible helpful History and measurements, so we are able to Help you.

Thank you for assistance!
            You criticizing me, to be more respectful, is hypocritical. My saying this might be hypocritical in itself, especially if I were to add an exclamation mark like you did, many times actually! Do you know what exclamation marks are used for and how people feel negatively about them? Do only your feelings matter? I also find you writing “First, Second, Third, Forth, and Thank you for assistance!” as not being respectful; which in my criticism of you saying so seems to make me hypocritical.

I also find you not acting respectfully in schooling me with “knowledge of the IC connected to the Resistor is Very useful” – for you are criticizing yet again – expecting that I should have known that R_J was trying to help by identifying the connected IC chip and that a Datasheet might help identify what's usually connected on PIN13 of it as you say. R_J didn't help identify why he offered info on the IC chip, why didn't you criticize him? Do you also discriminate? And 7ak7 did in fact only ask for someone to tell him the resistor value (without actually specifying what type of value). So why didn't you criticize 7ak7 in not specifying a value? Are there not multiple values that exist?

Additionally still, you hypocritically disrespect and criticize me and accusing me of not helping by stating “Why are you NOT helping?!” – when in fact I was helping others and myself. Additionally yet, you disrespect me by commanding I do what you say (or write) and “Grab” my Multimeter (which is assuming I have at least one at all or you dismiss the possibility that I have more than one Multimeter). Then you command I “tell” the Ohms value to ? you all? And how do I know if I have the same board as 7ak7, he didn't specify a motherboard! Why didn't you criticize and disrespect him for doing that? Why do you just mistreat me? I even gave the identification details of my motherboard, which looks like it has the same components; but I wasn't helping according to you?

And concerning your fourth command… I have already expressed I have issues, not just “a issue” as you ask a badly worded question that isn't really a question and it leads you to bark out more commands, doesn't specify what “measurements” to specify in a “Thread”.

Do you really want to help or do you get pleasure out of acting like you did? What un-harmful defence and prevention exists against horrible and/or terrible people who can't or won't see themselves as so?

Is the missing component a resistor, a capacitor, or what? The Ohms reading I get on my motherboard, in relation to the missing component originally in question by 7ak7, is .005kOhms (I don't know what is meant by “ON the resistor connected IN Pin13”.

Comment

English is Not my foreign language, and the auto-correct function of the Smartphone comes additionally, my apologies.

Your Statements are really impressive. So forgive me that i don't Care to elaborate, but I Only want to Spend my time for the technical discussions Here.

What is your actual issue right now? Did I Understand it right, your battery is Not Charging? But you also called the Battery "dead". So If it is dead, you should replace the Battery. If the Battery is okay, we have to troubleshoot the Charging Circuit.

However, regarding the pinned "Beginner Guide" the First step should be to replace the Battery.

Kind regards
              FairRepair on YouTube

Comment

Last edited by R_J; 01-14-2021, 11:49 AM.

Comment

English is Not my foreign language, and the auto-correct function of the Smartphone comes additionally, my apologies.

Your Statements are really impressive. So forgive me that i don't Care to elaborate, but I Only want to Spend my time for the technical discussions Here.

What is your actual issue right now? Did I Understand it right, your battery is Not Charging? But you also called the Battery "dead". So If it is dead, you should replace the Battery. If the Battery is okay, we have to troubleshoot the Charging Circuit.

However, regarding the pinned "Beginner Guide" the First step should be to replace the Battery.

Kind regards
                  IF you “ONLY want to Spend” YOUR “time for the technical discussions Here” then why do you act contradictorily by stating other matters and commands like “English is Not my foreign language, and the auto-correct function of the Smartphone comes additionally, my apologies. Your Statements are really impressive. So forgive me that I don't Care to elaborate”???!!! And what's my “actual” problem, as you tyrannically single out, rejecting multiple possibilities, likely still criticizing and dictating without context?!

Unlike you I can recognize my mistakes and improve; why won't you? Is a battery ever truly dead? Is a battery ever truly alive? Seems to me we both ineffectively described what's going on; but will you come to this understanding, will you recognise you're not as good as you show that you think you are?

Specifically concerning the laptop I'm trying to fix, I will rewrite from my previous attempt to describe… I'm trying to fix a TP401MA that won't boot off an AC charger, nor charge the internal battery pack that was previously working properly. There are two LED lights on the side of said laptop, that usually indicate power and function, they don't light up anymore. I've found information on the internet, by others who have experience similar if not exact issues, I've found tutorial type help to troubleshoot, but as of yet still can't find the fault and a resolve. On the laptops motherboard I've found a whole bunch of the brown components - like the one beside 7ak7's red marked area on his provided picture, that when I test them with a multi-meter I find it errors on both sides (one lead on the boards negative side, the other lead to either side of the brown component, which indicates a short as I'm told by others. Additionally, I have tested all mosfet's to see it 19volts is running through them, which they are. I suspect the original ASUS AC adapter failed, a different AC adapter was used (possibly with the opposite needed polarity) and fried something.

Any which way I need parts to fix, which seem to be hard to come by, even if I figure out the motherboards problem and can somehow cope with others lack of sensibility.

Comment

Originally posted by Eric D View Post
                    IF you “ONLY want to Spend” YOUR “time for the technical discussions Here” then why do you act contradictorily by stating other matters and commands like “English is Not my foreign language, and the auto-correct function of the Smartphone comes additionally, my apologies. Your Statements are really impressive. So forgive me that I don't Care to elaborate”???!!! And what's my “actual” problem, as you tyrannically single out, rejecting multiple possibilities, likely still criticizing and dictating without context?!

Unlike you I can recognize my mistakes and improve; why won't you? Is a battery ever truly dead? Is a battery ever truly alive? Seems to me we both ineffectively described what's going on; but will you come to this understanding, will you recognise you're not as good as you show that you think you are?

Specifically concerning the laptop I'm trying to fix, I will rewrite from my previous attempt to describe… I'm trying to fix a TP401MA that won't boot off an AC charger, nor charge the internal battery pack that was previously working properly. There are two LED lights on the side of said laptop, that usually indicate power and function, they don't light up anymore. I've found information on the internet, by others who have experience similar if not exact issues, I've found tutorial type help to troubleshoot, but as of yet still can't find the fault and a resolve. On the laptops motherboard I've found a whole bunch of the brown components - like the one beside 7ak7's red marked area on his provided picture, that when I test them with a multi-meter I find it errors on both sides (one lead on the boards negative side, the other lead to either side of the brown component, which indicates a short as I'm told by others. Additionally, I have tested all mosfet's to see it 19volts is running through them, which they are. I suspect the original ASUS AC adapter failed, a different AC adapter was used (possibly with the opposite needed polarity) and fried something.

Any which way I need parts to fix, which seem to be hard to come by, even if I figure out the motherboards problem and can somehow cope with others lack of sensibility.
                    You already made your point in your first reply so just cool it OK !!!!!!!
                    All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Kind regards
                      You too
                      All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
                        You already made your point in your first reply so just cool it OK !!!!!!!
                        If I made my point then why do I keep getting pushed around, and now by a super mod?

Comment

Start a new thread with your problem, the topic was started a long time ago.
                          Check https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=88758
                          Low resistance on caps is not necessarily an error.

Comment

Originally posted by 7ak7 View Post
                            Hello
                            I have Asus TP401M notebook.
                            MB model TP401MA REV. 2.0
                            Notebook was water damaged and one resistor is bad. See in picture.

Can someone tell me what is resistor value?
                            5.2om резистор

Comment

Is 4.7 ohms.

Comment

Working...
                              X