This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Just wanted to say hello, I have a TV with a backlight issue, this looked like a nice friendly forum, so figured I would join.

Comment

Hey, looking to extend my knowledge with any projects that come up. This is a very informative forum and has helped me before. Cheers.

Comment

Hello

Comment

hi i m new on this website any one any help in laptop repair so ask me thnk u

Comment

Hi,

new here and excited to find a new forum for assistance with the repair/debug of TV's

Comment

hi All ,i like to fix anything wont work and this forum is a gold mine

Comment

Hi, my 372 flat screen tv frightened the life out of me about 6 years ago. I was sitting quietly in my lounge, when the tv let out a series of LOUD cracks, something like a Chinese firecracker sound. After that, sometimes it would be ok, sometimes no sound or no picture. Even with the volume muted, the cracking sound could still appear.

Anyway, a bit of googling and a few Youtube videos later and I decided to open up my first tv/monitor. I couldn't see anything obvious, and all the capacitors looked ok (I was hoping to see some bulged/leaking caps). After a closer inspection, I saw one cap that looked very (and I mean very) slightly raised. A trip to Maplins, a borrowed soldering iron and 59p later, I replaced the capacitor and pressed the 'on' button of the tv. To my surprise (and my wife's bigger surprise), we now had a fully functioning tv and she had her dining table back!

Well that was 6 or so years ago and the tv is still going strong and is one of the highlights of my DIY 'career'.

I'm hoping to get some advice on fixing my Dell 2408WFP when I can post a thread. Until then, thanks for reading.

Comment

Hi all, new member here. Instrument Technician by trade, though have been messing around with electrical/electronics repairs for years.

Looked to be a credible forum, so thought I'd join up. Looking forward to getting involved in some threads, cheers.

Comment

Jeff
                    70 inch Sharp TV having issues :/
                    Hoping to get a little advice.

Quick Bullet points about me
                    -I am a software engineer for a government contractor
                    -Prior Military
                    -I am a big DIY'er from cars, to my backyard.

From IL

Comment

Hi, I'm from Italy in the best communities about assistance on the notebooks and pc. Great forum. Thank u

Comment

Hola un saludo a todo el foro.
                        Gracias por aceptarme en el. Mi nombre es Jose Luis y
                        soy de Cordoba (España), espero aprender mucho con todos vosotros.
                        Un saludo.

Comment

Hello
                          I am Ivan.
                          I started DIY electronics around 5 years ago and i quite enjoy it. Hope to serve the community the best i can.

Comment

Greetings everyone!

Comment

Hello
                              Iam Khaled Saad ,I hope to educat laptop repair
                              Iam working at laptop repair since 10 years
                              And I hope to learn and help others withe my experience too
                              Thank you

Comment

Hello all. I retired a couple years ago from 42 years with BNSF Railway as a Signal ET. Worked on really weird proprietary stuff that tested the limits of electrical engineering. Our motto was "It only works on paper, but we make it work anyway." The foundation of train signals is, we shove a mix of Low Frequencies (mostly below 1khz "audio" tones) and coded audio chirps (below 3khz) a couple miles down the rails and into trackside signal boxes. If you hook a speaker to the two rails you can actually hear all this stuff going on. The train wheel/axle set causes a dead short and shunts the two rails together, so 'no tones' means it's occupied and that is how the system "knows" there is a train present in that section. The adjoining sections relay this -Occupied or Not status ahead- in the 'coded chirps' back and forth on to the next signal box and so on. Anyway, after retiring I started tinkering with these flat screens to stay sharp and busy, and that has brought me here. The hardest part is finding schematics and parts lists for some of these things, all part of the fun I guess. Thanks to you guys I'm getting caught back up in 'real world' electronics.

Comment

Всем Здравствуйте. Меня зовут Артур. Я из России город Хабаровск.
                                  Очень хороший сайт с первого раза скачал прошивку на Asus K551l СПАСИБО

Comment

Hi at all
                                    I'm italian, i like repaire my bad machine, i find this great forum, this is very helpful
                                    Saluti
                                    Angelo

Comment

Dear,
                                      i'm bojan, from bosnia and herzegovina i want to learn how to repair electronics on lcd,cars, and other,

Thanks!

Comment

Hi Iam new to this fourum trying to learn electronics thanks

Comment

Hello my name is Tyler and I'm new to this forum. I live in Seattle and I like snowboarding and snowmobiling. I'm always fixing computers for friends and electronics but want to learn more. Right now I have a TV that I believe the led lights are out but want to make sure.

Comment

Working...
                                          X