This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi. Just joined. Mostly interested in tube guitar amps and testing electrolytic caps and finding leaky signal caps. Engineering background not in electronics, however. Enjoy watching D-Lab on you tube. Good sense of humor. Trying to fix old tube mono blocks I picked up a few years ago. Bought Anatek blue to help identify bad caps in circuit. Fixed computer monitor with blown cap a few years ago. Still working. Other monitor I took out board and sent to a guy in Colorado who was a sweet man who had tremendous soldering skills and had worked all his life doing electronic repair. He unfortunately passed and I was heartbroken. Trying to develop good troubleshooting skill. Built a dim bulb tester and have used a few times successfully. Have repaired speakers mechanically but not reconed. Looking forward to bad capacitor site.

Comment

Hi All, Have read this forum for many years.
      Finally decided to join,
      Thank you to all

Comment

My name is John I am from Malta. i am a TV technician I would like to start by helping and vice versa other Tv technicians.

Comment

Greetings good people!

I'm here to learn how to fix various electrical items like TV's. I've been building and fixing computers since I was a kid but never learnt how to diagnose and fix stuff like TV's.

Cheers,
          Eric

Comment

Hi there! I own a small computer repair shop, found this site in a search of google, looks like there are some valuable resources here, thanks for having me!!

Comment

Hello All. My name is Hristo. I am from Sunnyvale, California, USA. I hold a master degree in electronics and microelectronics, but I also consider the board component level repair as my hobby. I just joined the forum, after searching the net for board view and schematic for my daughter's failed mac book pro A1706. I am happy to report that I finally found what I was looking for in this forum. Thank you for your help.

Comment

Originally posted by johndor127 View Post
                My name is John I am from Malta. i am a TV technician I would like to start by helping and vice versa other Tv technicians.
                hi there

Comment

Hi everyone Im tv & Appliance guy!!

Im a tv technician, I i would also like to start helping and vice versa other tv techs, ive been meaning to join this site for a number of years.

ive recently started my own you tube channel for people starting out in tv & appliance repairs -

please show your support and subscribe and check my channel out..

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMJ...DJhmU6vmtWya0Q

thanks guys

Comment

Hello from India. Thank you for having me.

Comment

Hello from Italy!

Congratulations for this great forum!

Comment

Hello from Nashville, TN.
                        Got a small pile of dead macbooks I was given -- hoping to revive one more more using info here.
                        Thanks!

Comment

Hello everyone, glad to join your community

Comment

Hello everyone, nice to be here!

Comment

Hi, hope this place will be useful. Have a nice day everyone.

Comment

Hi, hoping to find the help I need from this forum, enjoy your day everyone

Comment

Hello! I am Antonis from Athens! Wishing you all the best!

Comment

Hello! Happy to be here. My interest in joining is primarily around repairing vintage electronics and speaker crossovers. I do enjoy a good recap!

-Ray

Comment

Hello guys,
                                      After looking for information to fix an LG OLED TV I found this cool forum and decided to join, many thanks for the acceptance.

Nice to be here,
                                      Adrian

Comment

Hello
                                        My name is Karl. I'm software developer and electronics hobbyist.
                                        Thank you

Comment

Hi folks, I am a Brazilian computer technician and i've come here because Brazilian repair forums suck big time.

Comment

Working...
                                          X