This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

I came here looking for answers on my Vizio 70" 3D LCD that decided to draw a black bar across my screen.

I rarely mess with electronics outside my profession (I'm a former Desktop Technician and Manager) but sometimes the urge to tinker with new things (more often attempt to "fix" more than tinker) gets the best of me.

Seems like a very detailed forum where I look forward to finding some answers and maybe providing some of my own. I help where I can.

Comment

Hi, I'm hoping to fix my nice and expensive samsung tv. thanks

36 m

Comment

hi
        im vili
        just a hobby electronics and trying to fix my own TV

Comment

Hello, i'm trying to fix my rtn66u)

Comment

Hello everyone, I'm trying to learn how to repair laptop motherboards, and I hope I will find that info here

Comment

hi guys need help

Comment

Hi everyone,

I'm a software developer and I got here through Google.
                My Samsung TV seems to have this exact problem:
                https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=31725

I will attempt to fix it myself and if I do I'll document it to help others.

Besides that, I'm interested in PCs, Arduino and Home automation.

Comment

Hello!

Comment

Hi all! I am new here and just wanted to say hello.

Comment

Great to see this forum! I am a EE that really hasn't used my degree in a long time at the component level. I have three kids 19, 17 and 13 and the 13 year old seems to the the only one interested in electronics. Finally. Well, his great grandmother yes she is 93 gave him a Hitachi LE55A6R9 that went south on her. It was good timing because she needed a new bigger screen because her eyesight is starting to get bad. Anyway, need to know how to test the power supply board to see if it is a board/LED inverter issue or the LED strings themselves. I saw the thread on this specific TV and it showed the measurement for the 4 wires on the power board is this the only measurement to perform to test the board?

Comment

Hey, I'm an electronics technician. I've joined to post a bios dump, perhaps I will have more to share here in the future.

Comment

great forum, I'm a techicien about 40 Y.

Comment

Hi
                            I'm Bartek. I'm 36 yo. I'm trying to learn fixing laptops.
                            I have first success - I've fixed Sony Vaio Z with no back-light without schematics.
                            And now I'm working on MSI MS-14921 ver 2.0. Currently looking for some schematics because failure seems to be severe.

Bartek

Comment

Hi,
                              Great forum about caps. Started soldering and found some useful information in this forum. I want to be part of badcaps.net forum.

Comment

Hi

Comment

Hi, I'm here to hopefully learn enough to resurrect my dead laptop

Comment

My name is Adam and have been taking apart and fixing electronics since i was 10 years old. My first fix was when i realy wanted to hear my own music on my parents home stereo/receiver as they didnt have a cassette deck and all i had was a sony walkman. I did notice the aux input on the back of my parents receiver had a left and right rca jack so i had a old broken pair of headphones that alson had left and right... so i cut the broken headphones and cut some rca's my parents had laying around and did some trial and errors and before i new it i had Beasty Boys and Run DMC blasting out my parents home stereo through my sony walkmam via my first electronic invention later to be known as an aux cord to rca split.

Comment

Hello, I just started using this forum to obtain knowledge about TV repairs.

Comment

Hello. I'm a novice trying to learn TV repair. So far I've repaired 2 TVs.

Comment

Hello, I'm Sly_Boogy and I'm here to learn about electronics and hopefully fix a broken Phillips TV I have. I'm an MET student at Akron U, and to be honest, electricity confuses me a bit, so you'll have to be patient with me... Very interested in learning though!

Comment

Working...
                                          X