Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: CH341a SPI / I²C programmer

Originally posted by mockingbird View Post
    That's a good point... Indeed, the SB Live connector is a much shorter connector. But I think you should be ok since the crimp end of the Dupont connector probably goes all the way down to the pin hole.
    The ones Stj linked me too appear to the be the same ones I have, and the connector does NOT go all the way down to the pin hole. I got mine off SparkFun, and then a bunch off eBay, and I think AliExpress. I got I think like 500 different types, male to male, male to female, female to female, etc. I use them when I need to access a JTAG port. Gotta learn a lot more about JTAG and OpenOCD and GDB.

I can dump RAM if OpenOCD supports it, and flash, if it supports it, but that's about it, and there's soooo many options, I think I'm gonna need to learn JTAG and OpenOCD and GDB real well if my business is going to succeed.
    -- Law of Expanding Memory: Applications Will Also Expand Until RAM Is Full

Comment

what is the pin spacing you need (in mm) ??
      comon sizes are 2.54 and 2.00

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
        what is the pin spacing you need (in mm) ??
        comon sizes are 2.54 and 2.00
        Give me a few days and I'll tell ya. We're swamped right now. Never went to bed till 4:30 last night and right back to work.

Blah!

Comment

Hi, does anyone have the programmer version 1.31 or up?
          I`m trying to use it with a mx25u12873f (its a 1.8v chip) without success.
          It reads, but when I verify it says:
          "Chip Main Memory with the contents are in disagreement"
          Or when I try to detect it says:
          "Access violation at address 0097EA42. Read of address 0097EA42."

Does anyone could give me any light?

Comment

you cant read 1.8v chips without a convertor.
            do you have one?

Comment

Hi guys, I finally did it.

STJ, what I used was this:

You just need to put a 68OHm resistor in every pin expept on GND (pin 4).
              This lower the voltage from 3.3 to 1.8.

About the programmer...
              I was using the version 1.29 and 1.30 (witch support 1.8v chips), but I was probably doing the step-by-step wrong (watched lots of videos on how to use the software on youtube).
              What I was doing was:
              - Run the software in compatibility mode (Win XP SP3) and as admin;
              - Detect (reads the info but with all Unknown);
              - Selecting some chip with some specs like my chip;
              - Read;
              - Backup;
              - Erase;
              - Read (witch already gave me the "Chip Main Memory with the contents are in disagreement" error after Verify).

I even tried to Program after this steps, but without success.

What I end up using (witch worked) was the version 1.18
              And I did these steps:
              - DONT Run the software in compatibility mode (Win XP SP3) and as admin;
              - Detect (reads the info but with all Unknown);
              - Selecting some chip with some specs like my chip (The only one MXIC 16Mb was the MX25L12805D);
              - Blank (instead of Erase - after this the Verify stoped showing the error and all run smoothly);
              - Verify;
              - Program;
              - Verify (all worked out ).

After this my motherboard was live again (an Asrock after a "successful" bios upgrade ).

The version (and drivers) I used:
              Attached Files
              Last edited by thiagottjv; 05-10-2018, 07:02 PM. Reason: Attaching file

Comment

Originally posted by thiagottjv View Post
                Hi guys, I finally did it.
                What I end up using (witch worked) was the version 1.18
                As reported here "shared" versions higher than v1.27 are known to give inconsistent results

Alternative software is suggested here by stj

Comment

that "adapter" is not reliable.
                  it may drop the voltage to the flash, but it wont boost it back up in the other direction.

there are adapters on ebay for beer money that use a voltage convertor chip.

Comment

Originally posted by Spork Schivago View Post
                    The ones Stj linked me too appear to the be the same ones I have, and the connector does NOT go all the way down to the pin hole.
                    The shorter connectors with the fine pitch are also common in LCDs, and are often used as interconnects. I reckon a USB3 header cable would also be suitable.

You can also either take the leads out of the header alltogether or just cut off the longer part of the plastic.
                    Last edited by mockingbird; 05-11-2018, 07:38 AM.
                    "We have offered them (the Arabs) a sensible way for so many years. But no, they wanted to fight. Fine! We gave them technology, the latest, the kind even Vietnam didn't have. They had double superiority in tanks and aircraft, triple in artillery, and in air defense and anti-tank weapons they had absolute supremacy. And what? Once again they were beaten. Once again they scrammed [sic]. Once again they screamed for us to come save them. Sadat woke me up in the middle of the night twice over the phone, 'Save me!' He demanded to send Soviet troops, and immediately! No! We are not going to fight for them."

-Leonid Brezhnev (On the Yom Kippur War)

Comment

Originally posted by megaraider View Post
                      As reported here "shared" versions higher than v1.27 are known to give inconsistent results

Alternative software is suggested here by stj
                      I didn`t know about that. Thanks!

that "adapter" is not reliable.
                      it may drop the voltage to the flash, but it wont boost it back up in the other direction.

there are adapters on ebay for beer money that use a voltage convertor chip.
                      STJ, I know that, and even if the resistors put the voltage exactly on 1.8v the data input can be unreliable.
                      In a forum from my country lots (LOTS) of people are using this method for years.
                      Since this was a one time only and I needed to do it fast (I wasnt working since the BIOS got corrupted) I had to do try it.
                      And here in Brazil these adapters aren`t as cheap. The price of the adaptor is almost the price of the programmer.

Comment

version 1.30 ch341a.exe have a virus?maybe not?

Comment

Originally posted by thiagottjv View Post
                          Hi, does anyone have the programmer version 1.31 or up?
                          I`m trying to use it with a mx25u12873f (its a 1.8v chip) without success.
                          It reads, but when I verify it says:
                          "Chip Main Memory with the contents are in disagreement"
                          Or when I try to detect it says:
                          "Access violation at address 0097EA42. Read of address 0097EA42."

Does anyone could give me any light?
                          Are you still looking for the higher version or no?

Comment

Originally posted by ride_bmx_mhell View Post
                            version 1.30 ch341a.exe have a virus?maybe not?
                            I know v1.31 didn't clear Norton's personal inspection, but it's not the program, per say, but some sort of bundled package that comes with it (I couldn't figure out the purpose of the external program, it had something to do with drivers, but I had no need for them). Norton detected it as a Virus.

I'll get on my Linux box and upload the latest free version for you guys, that's clean.

Comment

the hack runs in a vm shell that spoofs the pc hardware a bit to fit the license.

Comment

Hi

Can CH341A program MX25L6473F bios chip?

I try Black edition, 1.30,1.18 and none have chip when i click "detect"

Comment

Hey guys, I have an MSI H97 GAMING 3 with a bad flash bios.

So I got myself a CH341a with a SOIC 8 clip, and it's being a nightmare trying to flash a MX25L12873F chip.

The software can read the chip content, however can't erase/write and detect chip automaticaly.

I got an old mobo of mine and reflashed a Winbond chip for test pourposes, it detects, erase, write, normally.

Does anyone have problems with the MX25L12873F too? Am I doing anything wrong?

I'm using the miniprogrammer V1.30 which in theory has the 25L12873F support and the asProgrammer also has support but same problem as well.

I'm glad if anyone could help me.

Comment

do you have a datasheet?
                                    the letter "L" in the number often indicates a low voltage part.

Comment

do you have a datasheet?
                                      data sheet
                                      Attached Files

Comment

do you have a datasheet?
                                        By the small research I did usually the 1.8V are the "U" chips

[QUOTE=stj;841918data sheet.[/QUOTE]

thank you

Comment

well there it is, 2.7 - 3.6v
                                          the programmer should handle 3.3v but i'm not 100% convinced of that.

Comment

Working...
                                          X