• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alienware 18 (2013 edition) bios dump please

hello
    im looking for an alienware 18 bios dump please
    thank you

Re: Alienware 18 (2013 edition) bios dump please

Post your serial number and bios backup if you have it .
    All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

unfortunately i dont have the backup as im stuck on 8 beeps and no display issue but this is the tag number for it
      GK8KSY1

motherboard VAS10 LA-9332P REV 1.0

last working bios was VAS10A14

is it possible to have the same dump of that version ?
      Last edited by Safio; 04-25-2019, 04:27 PM.

Comment

in case you need the original bios from dell website
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Safio; 04-25-2019, 05:29 PM.

Comment

The VAS10A14 is only a 4MB bios update,not the full bios.I found a full bios that you can try, but the 8 beeps is an LCD error.Try the bios,if it doesn`t work reseat the LVDS cable on the motherboard and screen.Its also possible it could have a corrupt EDID, there`s a post over on notebookreview about the problem.

http://forum.notebookreview.com/thre...panels.779449/
          http://forum.notebookreview.com/thre...781467/page-56
          Attached Files
          Last edited by SMDFlea; 04-26-2019, 03:46 AM.
          All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Ok i will try and get back to you but do i have to flash the EC as well ? Or just the bios chip only ? If both can you help find the IC location on the mobo ?
            Last edited by Safio; 04-26-2019, 07:02 AM.

Comment

The bios is UH14 . Backup your old bios and verify it .Post your bios backup here, it may be repairable.

Comment

ok i got that but still didnt get the answer for the EC do i have to flash it as well or just the bios only? the bios still on the mobo i have to pull it out andi will upload a backup sure

Comment

got the backup here can you check it out for me ?
                  i saw alot of forums talking about BIOS setup menu switch graphics settings from SG to PEG, would you be able to modify that in the bios and make it SG as default ?
                  thank you
                  Attached Files

Comment

Try this new bios . If you want a modified version post your bios over at bios-mods.com .
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by SMDFlea; 04-27-2019, 02:38 AM.

Comment

it was a faulty lcd and some peoples said you have to fix the eeprom i think in the lcd using a programmer, overall i tried another screen it work fine but was curious if there is a simple way to reprogram the screen ic or something ??
                      i do have a bios programmer so would that work ???

Comment

Originally posted by Safio View Post
                        it was a faulty lcd and some peoples said you have to fix the eeprom i think in the lcd using a programmer, overall i tried another screen it work fine but was curious if there is a simple way to reprogram the screen ic or something ??
                        i do have a bios programmer so would that work ???
                        Did you read post #5 ? The Alienware eeprom EDID dumps are on notebookreview. Yes you can reprogram the chip: https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?p=881365

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
                          The VAS10A14 is only a 4MB bios update,not the full bios.I found a full bios that you can try, but the 8 beeps is an LCD error.Try the bios,if it doesn`t work reseat the LVDS cable on the motherboard and screen.Its also possible it could have a corrupt EDID, there`s a post over on notebookreview about the problem.

Hello friend, I have an AW 18 r3 2013, it has a problem, every time I cold boot it, there will be completely black screen for 30 minutes, after that everything just fine, I learned that this is due to bios ME region corruption, and the only way to fix it is to rewrite the bios with a bios programmer. Thanks for your infomation let me know the chip is UH14.
                          I have a question, can I use this file you posted to rewrite my bios chip?

Comment

yes .

Comment

yes .
                              Thank you. Sorry what I forgot to is sya is I have updated the GPU to GTX970, and the bios file you posted look like has a 765m, will that be ok for my laptop?

Comment

Originally posted by caiqinlin View Post
                                Thank you. Sorry what I forgot to is sya is I have updated the GPU to GTX970, and the bios file you posted look like has a 765m, will that be ok for my laptop?
                                I don`t know,you may have to modify the vBios, do some research https://uk.alienwarearena.com/ucf/sh...de-to-gtx-970m

Comment

its working perfectly

Comment

Working...
                                  X