PNY Geforce Nvidia 6200 256MB PCI only

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: PNY Geforce Nvidia 6200 256MB PCI only

Previously I got a motherboard 6340 ver5, I bought the correct capacitors and some of the one of 7 set had like sticky tape residue on top of them, like sticky tape left on them. ( I caught the sticky paper on top of them ).
    How do you remove that. I posted a picture on my 13th post.

Also some solder is stuck on motherboard by cap sticks how do you remove it. A little round spot?

These are the picture of the motherboard. Here are the specs of those caps.

2700uf 6.3v SM105 12/01, 25mm height and 10mm diameter.

Also I need one replacement cap
    Tayeh 330uf 6.3v 105c (RB) (A135) 10mm height 5mm diameter.

I have the other caps.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Fast Alpha; 12-11-2017, 08:16 PM.
    http://www.hse.gov.uk/pubns/indg305.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by momaka View Post
      Meanwhile, caps like Rubycon ZLQ/ZLH, Panasonic FS/FR/FM, and Chemicon KZM are just a notch below Chemicon KZG
      Depends on the capacitace/size...
      in 6,3V/820uF the Panasonic FM are equal or superior to Nippon KZG, the only Problem is that they are way larger than KZG.

With the bigger ones (like 2200uF or 3300uF), things are totally different and the ESR of most normal caps is far worse than KZG; so you can either increase the voltage rating, the capacitance, both or just go for "shitty" Polymers instead.
      The Kemet A750 series seems to be equal in ESR to KZG though way higher Ripple Current-

Originally posted by Fast Alpha View Post
      I made another photo of the capacitor, this is the height of it.

I noticed on the other side where the legs stick out, the solder is very small, it does not take much solder on the board.
      If you want to replace them, I'd go for entry level Polymers because there is no other viable option.
      For that one you also might use Panasonic FM in 6,3V/820uF.
      BUT: that one is 8x15mm so way taller.
      A 1000uF one is not that tall but 10mm diametre.

A Kemet A750 is only 8x8mm though ESR is about half the KZG...

Comment

I can't use the BAKON 950D 75W Mini Portable Digital Soldering Station with T13 Tip bought from Banggood.com, cause I get this error??

It's Fucked up.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Fast Alpha; 12-14-2017, 02:11 PM.

Comment

That error has been explained to you more than once both in forum posts and PM.
          It clearly has worked, maybe it's burned out. No big deal they are £3.

Comment

I got the caps very quickly from Farnell. The 1000uf and 820uf, they look a little smaller and are a bit wider than the KZG. There are Panasonic capacitors series FR and FM.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Fast Alpha; 12-22-2017, 06:27 PM.

Comment

Your Panny FM caps are 10 mm in diameter, that's why. Shouldn't matter, though. Your board has spots for both 8 mm and 10 mm, so you're good to go. Now, if you made that mistake for something that couldn't take wider or taller caps, you could be in trouble. So always check all specs of what you buy before buying it.

Comment

I ordered the two solder tips and Ali Express still have not sent them yet.

Farnell I bought and they sent the items quicker.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1pcs...311.0.0.iojEUN

One question some soldering iron say you need solder paste what is that ?
                Last edited by Fast Alpha; 12-23-2017, 01:44 PM.

Comment

Soldering paste is pretty much a liquid form of solder + flux in one. You don't *need* it at all. But for SMD work - particularly small ICs (like SOIC, TSOP, QFN, etc.), it could be useful to have.

Ordered from Ali "Express"? It's going to be a whiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiile before you receive your stuff. See you next month in this thread.
                  Last edited by momaka; 12-23-2017, 02:00 PM.

Comment

I have received the two tips and the soldering station works OK.
                    Stay tuned.

Comment

I removed one capacitor but the hole filled over.

Also solder bits are stuck on the board, I thought I burnt it till I used isopropyl alcohol.
                      Last edited by Fast Alpha; 01-11-2018, 02:47 PM.

Comment

There is bit of solder stuck to the board, I used a dental pick to make a hole.
                        Can't get the solder off though.

Attached Files

Comment

I feel I need to use leaded solder to fix these capacitors, and use a stainless steel needle to poke out the solder if stuck in the hole, I find that I heated up the hole and then stick a dental stick, a wooden one could help clear the hole. I also have a dental pick in this package.

What type of leaded solder should I use to melt and remove the bad capacitors.
                          It looks like some brown substance is on the board, I tried to use IPA on it, did not remove it.

Last edited by Fast Alpha; 01-17-2018, 08:20 PM.

Comment

There is bit of solder stuck to the board, I used a dental pick to make a hole.
                            Can't get the solder off though.
                            If you can't fully clear the hole, then trim the capacitors' leads before installing them on the board and push them in on the board only as far as they go. Then heat the solder and "walk in" the caps all the way down.

What type of leaded solder should I use to melt and remove the bad capacitors.
                            Leaded solder is leaded solder. Any kind should work. Standard 60/40 or 63/37 are both fine. You shouldn't really need to do that, though.

Comment

Originally posted by momaka View Post
                              If you can't fully clear the hole, then trim the capacitors' leads before installing them on the board and push them in on the board only as far as they go. Then heat the solder and "walk in" the caps all the way down.

Leaded solder is leaded solder. Any kind should work. Standard 60/40 or 63/37 are both fine. You shouldn't really need to do that, though.
                              I shouldn't need to do what?

Also do you use a fan, when you solder for the fumes?

how long do you keep the soldering iron on the cap leads.
                              To melt and remove it from the motherboard/card????

Do you solder with lead free or lead solder?

I ordered these tips, T12-D16 and T12-ILS.
                              Last edited by Fast Alpha; 01-20-2018, 04:18 PM.

Comment

http://uk.farnell.com/duratool/spc22...-pb/dp/2527485

Specifications:
                                External Diameter - Metric
                                : 0.813mm
                                External Diameter - Imperial
                                : 0.032"
                                Solder Alloy
                                : 63 / 37 Sn / Pb
                                Melting Temperature
                                : 183°C
                                Weight
                                : 19.867g
                                External Diameter
                                : 0.032"

http://www.wilko.com/all-power-tools...e/invt/0345071
                                Last edited by Fast Alpha; 01-22-2018, 05:37 PM.

Comment

I shouldn't need to do what?
                                  Add extra leaded solder to the joints. Just need to add a tiny bit on your tip before desoldering to make the removal go a bit easier.

Also do you use a fan, when you solder for the fumes?
                                  Rarely.
                                  Usually I just open the window a bit (if the weather permits) and blow the fumes away from me so they don't go in my eyes and nose. But other than that, I don't do much about the solder fumes, as there aren't really that much. I apply my flux very conservatively and use solder without a rosin core for most of my repairs - that's what cuts out a lot of the flux fumes. When doing work with rosin-core flux, though, I usually turn on the fan in my room to flow the fumes away from me and later I open the windows to get fresh air.

If I do any reflows, though, that's strictly with all windows open and good air circulation. BGA work creates a lot of fumes, even if you don't use any flux and simply do a "dry" reflow.

how long do you keep the soldering iron on the cap leads.
                                  To melt and remove it from the motherboard/card????
                                  Depends on how thick the video card layers are. For some caps, I just touch the cap leads for a second or two at the most and the solder completely melts. But most of my XFX video cards, I have to keep it on there for a good 5 seconds (or sometimes more) the first time I heat a cap lead.

It also matters how much solder I have on my iron's tip. Typically, I keep a 3-4 mm sized grain/ball on the tip (i.e. a fairly large solder blob). This greatly helps with the heat transfer once I apply a tiny smudge of flux on each solder joint.

If you have to keep the tip for longer than 10 seconds on a solder joint, you're definitely doing something wrong.

Do you solder with lead free or lead solder?
                                  Typically lead-free, as I have a big spool of that (my dad bought it for some pipe work but never used it). But I also use leaded occasionally (when I have stubborn lead-free joints or need to make a critical solder joint more robust, as lead-free solder tends to crack a lot more under stress than leaded).

I ordered these tips, T12-D16 and T12-ILS.
                                  Those are pretty small for cap removal work, especially the T12-ILS. You should use it only for SMD components and maybe soldering fine wires. Definitely a small tip for large stuff. The T12-D16 might be just enough, but honestly I would recommend that as your "general use" tip (i.e. anything that is not fine SMD work and also not cap removal/installation on motherboards and video cards). For large stuff, you should get a T12-D32 or T12-BC3 as a minimum - it will make big jobs a breeze. I mostly use my T12-D52 (it's like your D16, but only 5.2 mm wide) for recap jobs. Yes, she's a bit fat, but I like her that way.
                                  Last edited by momaka; 01-28-2018, 06:54 PM.

Comment

I got these two as well T12-D4 or T12-D52.

The cap leads are small.

I used a T12-D52 and it had trouble heating up the solder on the board.
                                    Attached Files
                                    Last edited by Fast Alpha; 01-29-2018, 12:10 PM.

Comment

My Dell PC has these caps Rubycon MBZ, Rubycon ZA and the pci modem G-Luxon 10uf 16v 510E(M) SM105c.
                                      Last edited by Fast Alpha; 01-29-2018, 12:36 PM.

Comment

I used a T12-D52 and it had trouble heating up the solder on the board.
                                        Because you have no solder on your tip there. Like I said, you need to have a fairly big blob of solder on it and also add flux to your joints before trying to desolder. Otherwise you just won't be able to melt the solder on those joints regardless of what tip you use.

The cap leads are small.
                                        That's irrelevant.
                                        You use a big tip for joints that connect to large ground/power traces. It's all about heat flow. Think of it as trying to fill a pool with water with a hose. But let's say you have the option between 1" and 3" hose diameters (and given same water pressure inside the hose). Clearly the 3" hose will fill the pool faster, because there will be more water flowing out of it. It's the same with soldering tips - smaller tips restrict heat transfer more than larger tips.
                                        Last edited by momaka; 01-31-2018, 11:33 AM.

Comment

http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/SanDisk...ng/td-p/354096

There is a link to a SSD it states some time it freezes in games due some bug in Windows 10. This is my SSD Sandisk model: SDSSDA-240G 2.5". It is in warranty 3 years

But in my old Dell Dimension 3100 there is no AHCI option in bios.

Comment

Working...
                                          X